First Rotomolded TM Recovery Tank

Name
John LaBarbera
Walt said:
Have you tested in a working environment. AKA at 120 degrees ambiant temperature. That's got to make a difference in the flex of the plastic.

BTW - Very impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if the more innovative TM designers are using them in a couple of years.

Tested summertime in Las Vegas, with 180 degree water and up to 26 hg. Some Manufactures are already testing with stellar results.

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="C Pennington":1rkbvwye]John on the RL 1200 breeze what is the CFM on that? I know it has 2 stages vacs in it...thanks Im testing one out at CSN Pensacola tommorrow I was looking for a dual purpose cleaner, cold water ,auto fill/dump,affordable and this looks to be it..thanks

200 CFM[/quote:1rkbvwye]

Thanks I fiqured it was more than a "100"..lol..especially with the smaller 10 gallon tank, 200 will be plenty.

Greenie said:
Last time I rolled one onto the scale I think it clocked in at 135lbs.

As for the RL1200 it's a 100 cfm machine, it's more oriented to tile, if you seriously want to do more carpet, consider the M-12, it's a 200 cfm machine, heated 250psi.

Dont want heat just min 200 cfm, auto fill-dump adj psi to 1200.

Looks like the 1200 is it,I will test it tommorrow and give an update if ya want.

M-5 looks like the candiate for our carpet only machine.

Name
John LaBarbera
Greenie said:
Thanks for the correction John, I was thinking of this pic in my head when Curtis asked, it's only 100cfm:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/re.html

Hi Jeff,

Larry likes air series. I had a nice conversation with him on that subject. Interesting enough, as the motors get better performance, the air parallel versus air series difference seems to come closer together. Results are very similar. We did a test after talking to him and that exactly what we found. Test water lift at the vac wand head is the key.

John

Greenie

To be fair to Larry, most porties were built with 1.5" hookups (1.25" inside) and 1.5" hose as the standard, with that as the conduit, there isn't much incentive to have 200+cfm (or even 300), so I would opt for a series configuration as well, might as well have a higher lift.

But with high flow plumbing, the gloves are off, bring on the AIRFLOW.

Name
John LaBarbera
I hear you, Jeff. However, just as a 36 or any small blower improves (increased cfm) when you help it to breathe with 2 1/2" hose so would a porty going from 1 1/2 to 2". The vac motor company tested our new motors both in air series and in air parallel and the electrical difference was 100 air watts in favor of air parallel. With gauges that is almost indistinguishable. In other words, the end results were the same. Come down when you get a chance and take a look. I'm thinking that if you really want to improve the performance, the cfm (booster vac) needs to be closer to the wand and not at the base unit. I may test that this week.

John

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John, have you decided on the motor you are going to use for the booster?

If you choose a 2-stage for weight and price considerations, it would be nice if there was a enough room in the unit to optionally put in your new hight lift/cfm 3-stage for those who want it. Two 3-stages in parallel at the truck, and 1 as a booster 25-50 ft from the wand on longer than 125ft runs is the best combo for an electric TM. I would custom order one in that configuration from Greenie.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Bill,

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm in the process of testing the 3 stage configuration now.

John

Name
John LaBarbera
Bill Soukoreff said:
Cool, can't wait to see some pics.

Hi Bill,

I have a housing I'm testing but I'm also modifying the mold. That will take a little time. I'll keep you posted.

John

G

C Pennington said:
John on the RL 1200 breeze what is the CFM on that? I know it has 2 stages vacs in it...thanks Im testing one out at CSN Pensacola tommorrow I was looking for a dual purpose cleaner, cold water ,auto fill/dump,affordable and this looks to be it..thanks

Alright; gonna be in my neck of the woods tomorrow.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I noticed the recovery tanks on the Mytee website a while back.
My first thought was that if I had a 100 gal soln tank it would be a little small.
And being as I have a 200gal soln tank, I guess I would need 2 min. I've used 125 gal on some houses. a wee bit wider, a wee bit taller?
Someone mentioned about being ugly. We are using industrial machines. What's looks got to do with it. As long as it doesn't look homemade like out of 50 gal drums with ducktape!

I was thinking in a box truck, or any truck that had two or more, to have a vac line going into each of a Y, and then the same coming off the tanks to the blower. It would have incredible airflow! and lightweight! not carrying around 700lbs of metal!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The TM vac tank we received has the 2" dump valve opening.

It also has plenty of room for a 2.5" or 3" connection to the blower

Larry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron;

John LaBarbera said:
As some have seen the new website is up but needs some work. What Jeff said is correct. We are also making a riser for the rear cylinder of the vac tank that will not only add capacity it will allow for elevated atttachment of blower fittings. The tank will come with the riser now, so if anyone has the tank let us know and we'll send the riser, no charge. Check out the website and let me know what you think.

This riser will allow a top connection to the blower.

Larry

Scott Rogers

How about some picture of a updated unit? Riser and 2" dump , also the over the wheel well option if available yet. Also can i get actual dimensions?

Greenie

demanding lil' shit.

you really wanna see a 2" dump...it looks like a 1.5" dump but bigger......lol j/k

I'm sure John will have some pics soon.

I wanted to thank John for inviting me down to the 19,000 sq. ft. facility, very impressive, you guys are gonna like the Mytee tour at MikeyFest.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Scott;

The actual tank measures 16" wide x 50" long.

Mounting brackets add 2 3/4" for each bracket.

I will post a picture of the 2" dump valve later.

Larry

Scott Rogers

Greenie said:
demanding lil' shit.

you really wanna see a 2" dump...it looks like a 1.5" dump but bigger......lol j/k

I'm sure John will have some pics soon.

I wanted to thank John for inviting me down to the 19,000 sq. ft. facility, very impressive, you guys are gonna like the Mytee tour at MikeyFest.

LOL, well its actually the riser I am most interested in seeing, and how the unit as a whole get modified to fit over/around wheel wells.

Thanks for the measurements Larry, what is the height?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Scott;

The tank height is 48".
Here is our 2" dump valve w/alum. handle mounted below the tank bottom:
rotodump.jpg

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Larry Cobb said:
Scott;

Larry

SO for a half decent size recovery tank, 160gal (144gal realistic) would need 32"x50".

They are 3ft high?
Seems an odd volume when most rec tanks are 100gal, esp when most guys on this board are going through more water than the average cleaner with us using greenhorns and glides and highflow.

Nothing against this design but has anyone heard any feedback on the plastic tanks John's Machine Shop was producing last year? Thick walled plastic, custom shape/fit, well baffled, translucent so you could see how full the tank was.

Greenie

I gotta ask....why would I need to see how full a waste tank is?
I always thought that was a silly idea even on portables, when the fresh is empty, I'm dumping.

Ron, this 1st generation wasn't created to be the MikeyBoard super waste tank, it was created as a lightweight low cost alternative, in just about any installation I'm gonan use an Auto Pump out, I don't "need" it to be larger, and if you were a portable extractor mfgr. and wanted to use this with your units, or as the base to an elec. TM, you wouldn't want it any larger. Do you realize that the average slide in doesn't have an 80 gal tank, sheet..I've known prochems to shut off as low as 55gal.

Ron Werner said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":21auu98q]Scott;

Larry

SO for a half decent size recovery tank, 160gal (144gal realistic) would need 32"x50".

They are 3ft high?
Seems an odd volume when most rec tanks are 100gal, esp when most guys on this board are going through more water than the average cleaner with us using greenhorns and glides and highflow.

Nothing against this design but has anyone heard any feedback on the plastic tanks John's Machine Shop was producing last year? Thick walled plastic, custom shape/fit, well baffled, translucent so you could see how full the tank was.[/quote:21auu98q]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom