Flipped my truck today

Dave Rampage

A lady blew a stop sign and t boned me. We flipped over. We had 3 guys in the truck. We are all ok but the AT is totaled. I'm going to miss that truck. Tomorrow at thanksgiving I will be very thankful. My soon to be son in law was in the passenger seat and that's the side that hit the ground. I can't believe he is not hurt.

Ben has a small cut on his thumb. John has a scrape on his shin and my neck is a little sore. We were so lucky. I almost had to go to a funeral next week. Be careful guys

dave

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Wow. Scary.
Glad to hear that no one got injured, that sure was a blessing.
Take care and take it easy.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Dave believe me I know the feeling! I'm glad that you and your passengers came out unharmed. Equipment can always be replaced.

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhh wow...glad you are ok...

got any pics???

got a back up??? gonna sue for lost work??

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Wow!
Glad you all are okay. Thank the Lord Everyday.......

Chris

Becker

Name
Becker
Glad to hear you are ok. Equipment and employees can always be replaced.

Come on. It is 2012, where are the photos.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Looks like the fog didn't help.

Take it easy the next couple weeks.
Don't underestimate how long it can take for a back or neck injury to surface after an accident like that.
In NY state, the fact that there was enough energy involved in the accident to flip a truck that size, would usually warrant mandatory "Boarding and Collaring" of all occupants to immobilize the spine just as a precaution.

Last edited:

Dave Rampage

I replied before but it didn't go through. We have tons of pictures. Thanks Fred for putting those up. I don't know how to do it. When sue has time I will have her do it.

Mike: if I had a real vortex I would have never crashed because I probably would have had to fix something before I left the shop. I have to say this AT have me 7 great years. Except for the cracked tank when it was new it ran perfectly all 7 years.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Another trauma scene i lose out on......damm it
Or was it you just dont want him as a son-in-law

Dave Rampage

Richard

I have had my share of challenges. They have made me tougher. I have a great family around me. My son texted me from school and was planning how we will move forward. Everybody is ready to sacrifice and do whatever it takes to be stronger. In the long run I believe this will be good for the kids. They will appreciate what they have and will know how to handle real tough situations.

I feel I set a good example for them. I had a good attitude through this tough day and let them know we can still be thankful tomorrow.

Friday Scott and I are going to go see the truck and take lots of pictures. Scott misses the truck. We had a lot of good father and son memories in it. He came with me when we picked it up. He's lucky to have a dad after that. We came close to hitting an electrical pole

Mikey P

Administrator
Dave the last time we talked you were what sounded like moments away from getting rid of the truck and going strictly VLM

what happened to that plan?

Do you think your insurance will get you enough to get another rig?

what will you get if you stick with HWE?

j/k about the Vortex...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
unless she is a deadbeat...it would be HER insurance to cover that...

which is why i asked about going for lost earnings as well....or rental costs, if you have a supplier out there that has a rental unit

it aint like you can drive to the uhaul place and be up and going....

Dave Rampage

Mike,

divorce is over. Kids are working in the biz. We are focused on growth. As far as the wrap just never got around to it. Call me if you want to talk. (708)203-4043.

Dave

Mikey P

Administrator
Kid'S as in your girl too?

thats great Dave..

so she answers the phone?

isnt she still in school?, hell she could be 22 for all I know...lol

if I were you I'd wrap the new truck with a pic of you and your tots implicitly implying that this is a true family ran biz..

are you dual wanding much?

Connor

Name
Connor
Glad you're ok, Dave. How was the lady that hit you, is she hurt?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom