? for O/P residential cleaners

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I am interested in offering O/P cleaning for residential. I quote every job in person and was wondering how the client accepts this method once explained how it works and also their comments and attitude on the completion of the work. I am accustomed to big smiles and friendly chatter after the job is done.
As far as debris removal goes,is their a best way to go about this.
Thanks Mardie

Name
Ron lippold
Im sure you will be able to bs a few into thinking you have the latest technology. Then someone with hwe will fix your mistake.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mardie said:
I am interested in offering O/P cleaning for residential. I quote every job in person and was wondering how the client accepts this method once explained how it works and also their comments and attitude on the completion of the work. I am accustomed to big smiles and friendly chatter after the job is done.
As far as debris removal goes,is their a best way to go about this.
Thanks Mardie

Mardie you should get a used TM if you are going to break into residential carpet cleaning. The carpet manufacturers don't even recommend that method for residential. Sure you can go through the motions and remove some of the surface soils but you wash your cloths in a washing machine right? Funny thing.. me too because its more effective at cleaning. You can do a bad job without a douubt using HWE, a local guru here can get 14 hour dry times with a "BIG TRUCK".. but some people just are not very good at cleaning and that should not deter you from the most recommend method for residential carpets.

As Larry would say via Dr. Laura... Go do the right thing.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Last week I was doing some stone work in the downstairs part of this home. In the afternoon a carpet cleaner showed up in a nice pickup. He uses an orange product. The smell coming from his cleaner was horrible. I saw them coming down the stairs with the oreck and thought "these guys are hacks". When we were done the owner wanted help bringing a table upstairs and the carpets looked great. They love this dude and think he is green cleaning with all that orange oil solvent.

I would personally look for hwe myself but don't knock the method, they all work (or at least appear to).

Name
I'm Rick James
On many jobs over a given year I get people who say "WOW THE CARPET LOOKS GREAT" and all I did was pretreat it. :roll:

From the great Steve T.. "80% what we do is customer service and 20% is the actual cleaning".

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Caduceus said:
On many jobs over a given year I get people who say "WOW THE CARPET LOOKS GREAT" and all I did was pretreat it. :roll:

From the great Steve T.. "80% what we do is customer service and 20% is the actual cleaning".
I get that quite often that when the client sees it after the prep work is done, they actually think it is done. LOL
My prep work takes longer than the actual machine work to clean the carpet.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Caduceus said:

Which kind of contradicts your point about a tm doesnt it?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
DAMN !!!!

Just HOW HAS John Guerkink stayed in business for so long. ??

I also believe (from what I have read), that he can also eradicate urine from carpet using his OP machines.

There are markets out there for every type of cleaning.

Depends what one wants to do I guess.

hey Marty, blow me shiteatinggrin

Name
Lee Stockwell
I am a professional Carpet Cleaner with lots of tools and toys.

Most get cleaned with a trusty Prochem 405. Typically dry in 2 hours or so.

Some clients request a low moisture cleaning for various reasons. Those usually get cleaned with a ccs Conqueror and glad pads. Extensive pre and post vacuum. Takes 40% longer to do and I charge accordingly. Dry in 1 hour or so.

I am NOT a "steam" cleaner. I am NOT an "op" cleaner.

I am a professional Carpet Cleaner who uses whatever tool it takes to get it done.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Lee Stockwell said:
I am a professional Carpet Cleaner with lots of tools and toys.

Most get cleaned with a trusty Prochem 405. Typically dry in 2 hours or so.

Some clients request a low moisture cleaning for various reasons. Those usually get cleaned with a ccs Conqueror and glad pads. Extensive pre and post vacuum. Takes 40% longer to do and I charge accordingly. Dry in 1 hour or so.

I am NOT a "steam" cleaner. I am NOT an "op" cleaner.

I am a professional Carpet Cleaner who uses whatever tool it takes to get it done.
Thanks

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Mardie said:
was wondering how the client accepts this method once explained how it works

There's a sucker born every minute.

pt+barnum.jpg

Opie Cleaner

Nothing will change.

You'll still be getting big smiles and friendly chatter plus referrals and your production time will be quicker.

I've been OP cleaning for three years and I get plenty of repeats and referrals plus have received Angie's List Super Service Award two years in a row. I'd recommend getting a small spotter or porty for large amounts of urine, vomit, feces or other spotting issues. If you grow your business in mid to high end homes cleaning light to moderately soiled carpets you'll be fine. Find a TM guy to handle heavily soiled work and water damage that you can refer to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom