Forest Hickman where are you?

Becker

Name
Becker
Does he post here? I remember him from the blue board.

Well today I cleaned for a long time repeat client, I also clean for her daughter.

She has always mentioned that her brother does carpet cleaning in CA. Also asked if I ever go to any of the trade shows etc.

After cleaning for her for years, and her daughter for years prior, I asked. So who is your brother and where does he clean.

Well I will be damed.. It is the one and only Forest Hickman.

Connor

Name
Connor
Good ol' forrrest hickman. I remember my ol' buddy.

Did he ever come to another MF other than the one he showed up to and stood in the parking lot?

Becker

Name
Becker
When she said Forest, my reply was a description of him.. She replied YEP! That's him.

She then went on to tell me he is always joking around.

She also said he told her to always hire someone with a TM.. Hmm.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can see a padder telling family that. Just like the time a customer to me that a local bait-n-switch cleaner with sub-contract portable cleaners working for him told her (she was his cousin) that she didn't really want HIM cleaning for her. He wouldn't "clean" for people he liked.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I had some really good clients, a couple of guys that were fanatical about cleaning, and so I was at their place probably 3-4 times a year. I cleaned for them for about 8 years.

Anyway, they were always into get quick schemes, and they came off the back of one of those and got jobs for a while, with the local CHEMdry.

One of them worked there for a couple of years and I still cleaned their own carpets. :lol:

They went on to a rest home ownership scheme next, and finally got caught in a big one that actually took them under financially unfortunately. They had me doing all the cleaning there too, and left a huge account owing when they declared bankrupt.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can see a padder telling family that. Just like the time a customer to me that a local bait-n-switch cleaner with sub-contract portable cleaners working for him told her (she was his cousin) that she didn't really want HIM cleaning for her. He wouldn't "clean" for people he liked.
Was it Robison? :p

:mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Spidey Sense said:
Wasn't he one of John's padders?

one of the VERY FEW that went from TM to spray 'n wipe

if you were able to read between the lines, he was getting frustrated with an old tired TM nickle and diming him to death.
Don't think he had much mechanical ability either

guess spray 'n wipe seemed a less expensive option/substitute than replacing a tired worn out TM ??

wonder if he's still spray 'n wipe cleaning primarily ??
Kind of makes me wonder if so.... if he recommends TM to his sister

naw' mean?

..L.T.A.

Becker

Name
Becker
Well, he use to clean for her when she lived in CA.
Must have been back in his TM days.
She has been up here for many years.
So, I'm guessing the tip came shortly after she moved away and he was still TMing.
Wonder what he will say today, she said she was going to email him and tell him a guy he sorta knew from that past cleans her carpets.

Small world.

Becker

Name
Becker
1st I asked her what the name of her brothers company is.

Now we can all learn from this.

I mean this is her brother, and in the past when she lived down their he cleaned her carpets.

But she could not recall his company name.

She then said Forest Hickman, I replied.. Hmm. I knew a Forest and explained where.

Was not till I jumped online did I confirm Forest's last name.

Fabri.. Anyways, if the sister can't remember the name of her brothers company, do you think your avg client will recall yours?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom