freaked me out today...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
so I am doing this large 6 area house...the lady that lives there with her husband and she was telling me that they have 2 older sons...and the last son finally moved out and went to collage..and she decided it was time to get the carpets cleaned.....what ever...

they did the typical thing and moved most the stuff out of the rooms and set it in the middle of the hall where it was hard for me to get my stuff in and out...what ever...

When I got to the 3rd room at the other end...nothing was in my way...cleaned the room...no problems...brushed the carpets and went to turn on the ceiling fan and nothing would come on..she was on the phone so I just figured I would ask when I was done...

finally finished the cleaning and put everything away..grabbed the bill and went to get paid...we were standing there talking and I remembered the ceiling fan in the room that I could not turn on...so I asked her if there was some type of trick to get it running....she said no problem I will go and turn it on..so I am standing there what seemed like forever wondering where the hell she went...I went down the hall and there she was just standing there looking at the carpet...so I walked up beside her to look in thinking I missed a spot or I screwed up something ..and in the door way to the left were 5 small shoe prints in my freshly brushed carpet...I wear a size 10..and she was no small woman and I know her feet were bigger then the prints..and there was NO ONE there with us....

she looked at me with a tear in her eye and told me that here little girl died about 4 months ago and that was her room.......Now I am more then sure that there is a logical explanation for this...and off the top of my head I cant for the life of me figure it out...I don't spook easy nor do I believe in this type of stuff...but I will admit..the hair on the back of my neck stood up a bit...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
yea right...I am going to tell the lady hang tight while I go get my camera.... :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Now a days it's all the style to put shoes on their dogs.

I talk to the dead everyday......they tell me things.....want me to hurt BAD people.

:shock:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I can't even imagine how hard it is for her(or anyone), now shes got crazy shit happening! That's all she needs.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Are you pulling our leg? I had something happen a few years ago. But I'm not saying anything till you level with us. I don't want anyone here thinking I'm crazy.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Ceiling fan huh.

July 13, 2008 my father in law passed away. He had been in his bed for the last 6 days or so. Anyway, since they bought the house nearly 18 years ago, he had never gotten the ceiling fan to work. Several new fans, 3 different electricians, but nothing worked.

So after the corener came around 7 am, we started cleaning the bedroom. As I was standing there in the doorway of the bedroom getting ready to leave, my mother in law walked in to say something. And it just happened, the damn ceiling fan came on.

I shit you not, the damn thing came on, and ran fine to the day my MIL moved out.

ps. That following December, I was laying in a hospital bed getting ready for knee surgery. Hadn't taken anything yet, just waiting on the nurse and talking with my wife.

I felt a tug on the bed sheet, looked down, and my FIL was standing there giving me the "thumbs up" sign. Oh and he was dressed in what we buried him in, street rod t-shirt and shorts.

pss. My daughter says she talks to "papa" at least twice a week, but won't discuss it much.

creeped out now?

Connor

Name
Connor
Creeped out indeed. Last thing I want to see is what looks like somebody that's been buried popping up. Especially when I am having my bah-th.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
:shock: :shock: :shock:

i remember pranking my sister on a empty house,,as usual,,when done,,she "had" to use the bathroom,,so id go groom the carpets,,dont think she liked doing that part,,/shrug. so anyways one time i had my sneakers in the van,,so i put them on,,and groomed the carpet,,then walked to the staircase, from the bathroom door she was in,,then walked backwards in the same foot prints,, as im putting the other equipment away,,mission success! that was a scream she let out,,and ran out to the van,,, i couldnt help but laugh right away,,, :lol:

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Jim,

There might be an simple explanation or not. I had some chit happen to me when I cleaned a commercial job that made the hair on the back of my neck prickly too. I believe in some sort of "hear-after" exactly what that is.. not sure.. heaven, hell call it what you want. I'm quicker to believe in what happened to you today than in Bigfoot.

Vincent,

Again, I can believe it. Especially about your little girl. An ex-girlfriend of mine lived in a haunted house with her twin siblings and parents when she was 5 or 6. They were about a year apart. There was so much crap happening in that house while they were renting they had to stay at a hotel. they had mediums, psychics, priests, some well known experts visit to try to figure out what was going on. They were advised to move out because it wasn't safe.

Spirits, entities, ghosts, lost souls.. are comprised of some form of energy or another. Children are "bundles of energy" to coin a phrase, and their energy fed the activity.

My ex recalled repeatedly seeing her recently deceased grandfather standing over the crib of her youngest sibling born after they moved to a new home. She'd call to him and he'd look at her and smile, put his finger to his lips as to shush her, look back at the crib and disappear.

Your daughter is probably seeing her Papa, just like my ex. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Fred Boyle said:
You stole that goofball story from last months Readers Digest

Please..I don't even read that stupid book...

I can't explain this....like I said...there has to be a logical explanation for this...I don't believe in that type of stuff...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Here one someone can explain to me...when I was married to Donna...one of the things that she really liked was owls...she was a big collector of all types...

as some of you already know on here..... she killed her self going on 4 years now...I have lived in this house for about 8 years now and never ever has there been owls around here...about a month after she died..at least once a week there is an owl hanging around my house....

coincidence...?????

FredC

Village Idiot
I'd say you're just more sensitive to their presence......owls seem quite common in your area...many species with high populations

also possibly a change in habits on your part...there are a lot more things I notice, some peculiar, since I work outside in the evenings while the weather is nice....something I've recently started

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
FredC said:
I'd say you're just more sensitive to their presence......owls seem quite common in your area

they are common here...but we have never ever seen one around the house....you could be right..but the only way I even know it is around is that it hoots..after she died was when I started hearing and seeing it...one would think that I would of seen or heard it before then...don't know...just another one of those things I can't explain....

who knows...

FredC

Village Idiot
i edited it......

also I doubt, even though she may have liked them, that you placed the significance on them that you do now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
FredC said:
i edited it......

also I doubt, even though she may have liked them, that you placed the significance on them that you do now.

you could be right...the mind is a weird thing....

F

FB7777

Like FredC says its a simple case of heightened awareness.

Just like purchasing a certain model car and then seeing so many of them on the road.

The mind is a funny thing Jim, I believe some people are looking for signs from the afterlife and process input accordingly.

On a lighter example, my kid got a nice scholarship to several Private High Schools he had it narrowed down to 2. My wife wants him to go Spellman, their mascot is a Cardinal.

She saw 2 Cardinals in our front tree and insisted it was a "sign" possibly from our mothers that have passed for Michael to attend Spellman.

I think it's horse manure....

He's attending Spellman in the fall just in case tho :mrgreen:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
After you had it groomed, you tippy toed in and out on the same footprints to try the fan one more time. Then cleaned the hall and groomed it forgeting the small toe marks you left.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Just like purchasing a certain model car and then seeing so many of them on the road.

Your probably right....never knew how many Tundras were out there until I bought one....see..... There is a logical explanation for everything........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I forget what it's called... I guess I could look it up.

It's like when you buy a new car or truck......You start seeing that same model car or truck everywhere.

It's the mind being hypersensitive to what you have going on near you.

Then again, maybe you are all just a bunch of crazy bastards.

What the hell prespray are you using Jim? Cobbs LSD?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
At my parents house

ghost.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
wife thinks that the lady did it.....

she said that being the time frame of only 4 months it is still fresh and she was still probably trying to accept it...
kind of a reminder thing...

works for me..so thats what I am going with....thank god one of us are still level headed in this house.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Duane Oxley can give us some insight here.

I've got many stories like that about my Daughter. The one I remember most is waking up in the middle of the night, smelling her perfume and asking my wife what she smelled. Same thing. But the only perfume of hers hadn't been touched since she died, and it was in her bedroom. I don't know what it was, but the fragrance was enough to wake me up.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
wife thinks that the lady did it.....

she said that being the time frame of only 4 months it is still fresh and she was still probably trying to accept it...
kind of a reminder thing...

works for me..so thats what I am going with....thank god one of us are still level headed in this house.....

Actually that's what I was thinking as well.

Not that I'm level headed or anything like that. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just realized I wrote the same thing Fred B wrote earlier in the thread.

NOW I'm freaked out. :shock:

:lol:

It was some sort of poltergeist that brought it to my attention.

(Thanks Fred)

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Unless I missed it. The question has not been asked. Did you clean the spots?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom