Fresh Water Rinse?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Just an emulsifier, no prespray did this. Double wet pass, double dry. For those NOT using an emulsifier in your rinse:
A) - What aren't you getting out?
OR
B) - Why are you working so hard?
Hold the canard about "residue", at an ounce or so per 5 gallons RTU, with an 80% or better recovery rate, that's a red herring.

DSCF0044.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
You have to make 4 passes?

We typically prespray with injection sprayer and clear rinse ONE pass and DONE.

It's all in the technique.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fookin portables never met one worth chit yet!

Get a TM Willy...even if just to look at everyday and polish it. It will make you a better cleaner just for touching it daily. :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fooking portables.......
Get a TM ...even if just to look at everyday and polish it.
I tried that Richard.

The carpal tunnel syndrome from those repetitious polishing movements.

And that shine sure makes me nervous.

And the first scratch! Holy Moses!

Can I get a fooking refund?

mcatt

Name
Mike
I can do that with fiber rinse and a pass with the our TM. What type of emulsifier are you using/ suggesting anyway?

steve_64

i clean with just an emulsifier most of the time. i will prespray greasy resaurants or trashed carpet though. it just makes it easier.

Reactions: Willy P

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I prespray with Prozyme+ and rinse with water on most jobs. I can understand the thoughts behind running an emulsifier , acid rinse, or plain water. I don't understand why you would choose not to prespray.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Emulsifier will clean better and look better than the fiber (acid)thethe rinse. So we prefer it over neutralizing the carpet. We've did the acid rinse for years wanting to leave the carpet as neutral as possible. Neutral did look as good so we went back to clean with the minimal risk of residue.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I am reminded just how ineffective a fresh water rinse is for actual cleaning every time I run out of emulsifier part way through a job.
If you are fresh water rinsing, that is all you are doing...rinsing.

Mikey P

Administrator
well, sure..

Fresh Water Rinsers better make sure to evenly pre spray all possibly spoiled areas , scrub the bad areas, up their flow and slow their strokes.

but ask yourself, do carpets that never get walked on really need anything but a water rinse?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you break up and suspend the oils/soils in a pre-spray solution first, you only need to rinse the carpet anyways.

I suppose your POG scrub the hell out of your food caked dishes, instead of letting them soak first too.

Why work so hard?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I use "something" for a rinse agent. Told years ago that plain water makes a poor rinse agent. Depending on the job, residential, commercial, trashed, depending on how bad the carpet is, I'll choose to rinse with O2Rinse or an emulsifier.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Emulsifier will clean better and look better than the fiber (acid)thethe rinse. So we prefer it over neutralizing the carpet. We've did the acid rinse for years wanting to leave the carpet as neutral as possible. Neutral did look as good so we went back to clean with the minimal risk of residue.

Exact same experience here.
Rinsing with emulsifier cleans better, looks great, less stains come back.
And "neutralize" is hogwash, unless one is using an inferior emulsifier, or pre-spraying something really crazy that they shouldn't to begin with.
I did side by side tests quite a few times, including twice in my home- No difference in looks and or re-soiling whatsoever.

Willy, we know that the residue argument, in properly mixed emulsifier is bunk. I use pre-spray as needed. If it saves me time when heavy soiling is there, I'll use it, as it will take me less time than the additional passes.
For normal light soiling it is not necessary.
As well as no need for crazy pre-scrubbing or rotary machines.

Coming to think of it, neither is a blower 8000 and up.

But than the egos get involved ................... and many support groups later ................:icon_razz:

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
another porty guy saying the same thing..

are you BSin or do you pre spray with your wand and rinse agent/emulsifier?

I didn't say I don't use a good prespray too, although mostly on traffic lanes, but my point was a quality prespray in conjunction with a decent emulsifier, you will get the carpet cleaner.

steve_64

So no dwell time?

Im not sure you can call that "cleaning"...

i prespray the whole job usually so the first area has a smaller dwell time than the rest. but i can just take extra passes if needed. my biggest response from customers is how much cleaner i get it than everyone else. its working for me.

steve_64

well, sure..

Fresh Water Rinsers better make sure to evenly pre spray all possibly spoiled areas , scrub the bad areas, up their flow and slow their strokes.

but ask yourself, do carpets that never get walked on really need anything but a water rinse?

if carpets that dont get walked on are a concern then why add something in prespray that needs to be rinsed. if it doesnt get rinsed properly then you have a resoiling issue. but if you use a light emulsifier so you can clean the more heavily soiled areas with minimal residue risk then what makes more sense.

and if your only rinsing with water without a prespray then arent you doing a disservice to your customers. at least with an emulsifier your at least removing oils.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've used emulsifiers in my rinse, acid rinses and neutral rinses over the years. Honestly, I can't tell a difference in any of them in the finished product. If I could, then I would have an opinion either way, but the truth is, it makes no difference.

Carry on ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom