Funny story about Groupon

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I did a groupon last december and sold 281, it has been ok.
I had a groupon customer call me today to set up cleaning, now my groupon was for 5 rooms and this is where it got funny. The lady told me she only has 2 rooms of carpet so she wanted her two rooms cleaned and for the other three rooms she wanted me to clean three rooms at her mothers house 18 miles away. I politely told her that is not how it works and she was upset, she is going to get a refund and that is fine with me. I have had a few groupons wind up like this. one man had two rooms and thought he could get it done twice. Most people understand how it works but these few are good for a laugh.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Explaining it and the honoring it may have made a cheerleader and given you 2 future non-groupon clients instead of 0. Not sure of the win in letting them go, especially if the groupon ad didn't clarify this (assuming it didn't or they wpouldn't get a refund).

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
you could have made a cheerleader and gotten alot of similar future cheapskates who don't appreciate what they're getting and would rather see you go broke.

:p :p :p

good on ya :!:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I sold 530 groupons, turned allot of them into repeats.
That said I will NEVER do another groupon, groupon customers are some of the most impatient and entitled people you will EVER meet.

I lost count of how many wanted to split the groupon up over 2+ visits/people!

80% of the groupons I did had never had there carpet cleaned before, and told me outwright they probably would never have it done again unless it was another crazy cheap groupon deal.

This "Coupon Society" is going to just keep the economy in the dumps IMO.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I haven't had that experience at all, its been a great way for us to get acquainted to some new clients. I do disagree with Ken on this one though, if the deals spelled out, its best to stick to it or some of these "couponers" will walk all over you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've had very good experiences with Groupon etc. I think maybe it takes a certain kind of person AND a bit of customer edumacation to let them know what's going on with it.

I have no problem telling them the details of the deal when they want extras for nothing. It's usually "oh, I didn't know".

Very few problems and I've made a great deal of money doing them.

Connor

Name
Connor
So a great deal money you had to resort to a liquid diet and MLM. Sure, Brian, whuteva.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
So a great deal money you had to resort to a liquid diet and MLM. Sure, Brian, whuteva.

Yeah, I'm selling shakes because I can't make rent. :roll:

I don't mind other guys not using it because that makes the deal better for my guys.

swesleybrown

Ken Snow said:
Explaining it and the honoring it may have made a cheerleader and given you 2 future non-groupon clients instead of 0. Not sure of the win in letting them go, especially if the groupon ad didn't clarify this (assuming it didn't or they wpouldn't get a refund).
I don't think so I have found that people who are looking for the best deal no matter what do not brag about how awesome of a service they got from you they brag about how cheap they got it and how they gamed the system. Not the cheerleader that i want.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Hey, another local guy (sorta). whazzup? Hows biz up on the West Side?

PCCN

Derek said:
you could have made a cheerleader and gotten alot of similar future cheapskates who don't appreciate what they're getting and would rather see you go broke.

:p :p :p

good on ya :!:

TOTALLY AGREE! Weed out the bums up front.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
How, exactly, does Groupon work? The ads I see are for 50% off. Do you collect that hard earned 50%? Does Groupon get a cut?

I wouldn't use them personally, or would I buy from someone using Groupon for advertising. I'm not so sure that a Groupon custy would be looking to buy any upsells. In fact, they would probably be looking for even more discount....like "can you clean these 10 area rugs for nothing"?

It might work for some of you cleaners, but I'm just not buying.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Fred Homan said:
I would never buy into the Groupon Bullshit!

I'm with ya, Fred.

Hey, you getting any snow out your way? Ohio always seems to get what you guys get....a few days later.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Do you really want to know or do you want to pretend to know of something you've never tried?

It's not for everyone for sure. Some like Chevys...Some like Fords....And some will say the other is crap no matter what.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Do you really want to know or do you want to pretend to know of something you've never tried?

lol. You're waaay to easy to goad. Bryan. :mrgreen:

But I understand that after being chemdry and now OP that you're pretty good at being defensive.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I really didn't mean to be defensive. It just never ceases to amaze me what people will see without ever seing it.

Just one aspect of the argument but that whole "Priceshopper" thing is just not happening with the deal of the day deals.

Sure, there will be priceshoppers....Law of averages because you just gained 200 or 300 customers.

Back
Top Bottom