Furniture Stains on Carpet

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I already posted our experience with Chris and his class in a different thread.
Seems to be a given that it's a good class. People seem to be wondering how long it took to make back the 2k. Is this a profit center for your business? Do you do whole room dyeing?
I have only done spot dying and my class was a couple hours, a spotting kit and a booklet that told you what to mix together. Investment was very low.but was enough for spots...not interested in doing art.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Shorty

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Let's face it.....ALL the gurus claim they can help you. And many do, but ultimately it's up to YOU to implement what you learn, hustle, -'a go after your slice of the pie.

No guru that I've heard, Chris included, claims that just by taking their class or participating in their exclusive square table, or successful strategies class will suddenly change your life and make your business sky rocket. It's all about taki g what you learn, applying it and marketing it.

I'd guess not every one of Chris's graduates see the success he claims. But I know a handful that have. I see what they have been doing. I know if one that had given up carpet cleaning entirely to do color repair and is finding more success in that than he has with cleaning. But it's because they are going at it balls to the wall. So it is possible. Just. as with anything you will have that handful and small % that end up being the rock stars.

No one is claiming that if you take his class you will see the ROI. You gotta put in the effort to get the return.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Seems to be a given that it's a good class. People seem to be wondering how long it took to make back the 2k. Is this a profit center for your business? Do you do whole room dyeing?
I have only done spot dying and my class was a couple hours, a spotting kit and a booklet that told you what to mix together. Investment was very low.but was enough for spots...not interested in doing art.

Out fist job paid for the class

But then again it is "Burdick" pricing. :stir:

Ben Mickley

Name
Ben
I've done 3 jobs since taking his class earlier this year. I've only asked 3 people though. I charged all of them $300 each just for little spots but they've all been happy to pay it. I meant it when I said you can take it as far as you want. I haven't tried to sell any jobs and I haven't advertised. Carpet cleaning has been just too busy

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Meg how much have guys made back with Chris's system and how much are you projecting for dye work in 2017.

I know its about business planning time and I know you are always on top of it.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Dyeing is just like the Strategies for Success program. You'll get out of it what you put into it. But nothing is going to automatically make money fall from the sky.

We've had several people that turned over $10,000 with their first job straight out of the training. Others haven't even opened their dye kits.

You get out of it what you put into it . I make sure that everyone has the skills and the support that they need to succeed.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
And like everything else.....the money is in the high end market.

An average homeowner will not pay a large amount to spot dye a room that would only be $400 to replace.

Make it an art form. Focus on the high end clientele and it will pay you back.

The price to replace the wool carpet in the master bedroom that was wall to wall on The first job we did would have been close to $13k. We repaired for $2k. Customer did not have household disrupted, and cost. We were in and our our with in a few hours. They were thrilled with the results. It's a niche. If you can tap into it you'll do well.

If you focus on the price of the class and $150-$200 jobs that most do then it will take a while for you to realize a ROI. If you have access to higher end carpet, and use the air brush to restore orienal rugs then yuh can command better rates.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Meg how much have guys made back with Chris's system and how much are you projecting for dye work in 2017.

I know its about business planning time and I know you are always on top of it.

Not as much as we'd like....but that is on us.

We've been so busy with cleaning that we haven't focused on marketing this as we should. The jobs we've gotten have been existing clients and word of mouth. I KNOW if we could spend time marketing and creating awareness there is so much more potential. That is one of our major initiatives this year along with growing FPA. These two services compliment each other well. It comes down to getting out there and building the relationships and awareness.

So while we aren't killing it with color repair, we can't complain about what we have done. John attended lease than a year ago. And in that time we have made the money back from the class ans then some.

We could realistically and easily add $50k in revenue on 2017 if we pushed this the way we should. And that is conservative.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not as much as we'd like....but that is on us.

We've been so busy with cleaning that we haven't focused on marketing this as we should. The jobs we've gotten have been existing clients and word of mouth. I KNOW if we could spend time marketing and creating awareness there is so much more potential. That is one of our major initiatives this year along with growing FPA. These two services compliment each other well. It comes down to getting out there and building the relationships and awareness.

So while we aren't killing it with color repair, we can't complain about what we have done. John attended lease than a year ago. And in that time we have made the money back from the class ans then some.

We could realistically and easily add $50k in revenue on 2017 if we pushed this the way we should. And that is conservative.
All you had to say is it will take me years to make a profit and that would have been enough for me. :winky:

J/k

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Meg, your comments are spot on. You get out of it what you put into it. I certainly don't claim that everyone who takes the class is going to become a millionaire, but I give them the tools (knowledge) and support to make it possible and realistically attainable for them.

I love seeing people succeed. I applaud their success. I also have a genuine interest in helping people. I'm very passionate about it. Those who know me, however, know that I don't usually offer help/suggestions that much on public forums as there are already lots of people who have opinions on how things should be done and how to deal with a given situation. My ideas are often "outside the box" (untraditional) and are met with a lot of resistance. For this reason I don't comment much publicly but am always happy to help someone who contacts me or asks for my help.

Sincerely,

Howell from Gilligan's Island :rockon:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Shorty, I think what Lee is saying is that in the famous gold rush the only people that made real money were the ones who sold goods to the gold miners.

My experience (only with spot dying):
  1. When spot dying, (been doing it for years) if you want to make at least (preferably more) your carpet cleaning hourly, there is substantial price resistance (and I live in an area that is at least as wealthy as Burdick's.) Unless there's a new method where you do not need to clean, neutralize, turn acidic, use hot water for the dyes and do the incremental additions in color intensity. Yes, with experience comes efficiency and the ability to take some shortcuts without compromising results, yet still quite time consuming.
  2. If doing only spot dying, the kit with all the different colors is not necessary. Impressive, but not necessary, as you will only use the three primary colors (R/Y/B) and maybe some grays and blacks.
  3. It will take awhile to earn back the cost of class and kit. And our classes were $250.00 not what Chris charges.

On the other hand if:
  • Chris really provides good timely support, a network and there is no additional classes that are a "must" required. You know the inner sanctum syndrome- more classes, more secrets revealed, more $$$ etc., kind of a squeeze.
  • If truly gain the knowledge to afford you more complex repairs.
  • You are willing to invest in marketing it.
It may be well worth it.
It is true that some people will willingly pay the money for a good repair. And so will hotels, businesses, private clubs etc. that have nice valuable carpets. Just not having to deal with the down time of replacement for them will justify the investment.

It will definitely be an opportunity to network with other cleaners (if you do not compete) that do not offer the service, who will bring in the clients. And the color repair to oriental rugs is a whole new opportunity as well.

Given that you are inclined towards work that requires some patience, a good sense for colors and great attention to detail. Not always qualities that carpet cleaners are known for.

Last edited:

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I think it's important to add that the more you practice, the better you get. The better you get, the faster you work. The faster you work, the more money you'll earn. That's why we can earn $3,000 - $4,000 for an hour's worth of work in high-end commercial properties such as law firms in Washington, DC which are our primary target market. We've had a number of people come and accompany us on these jobs, so they can attest to it, having seen it for themselves.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
BUGGER

Just did it again Chris. :icon_redface:

With computers, my other name is Love Fingers.

Everything I touch I ****. :madder: :arrrr:

:yoda:

steve_64

So it's not for your every day cleaner.

You are trying to sell something that very few will benefit greatly from.

I think spot dying is a good ad on for my rental work but the initial cost outweighs my profit margin.

Reactions: Chris Howell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
From what I understand from the courses I have taken in the past, you can only dye nylon or wool carpets. As nylon seems to be declining in the market, so will your dyeing sales. It is a nice skill set to have but like anything else, you have to develop your own market for it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I believe Meg is starting to get the reputation of being full of shit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom