gas prices

dgargan

Back in Feb. they said we could be paying $4.50 to $5.00 a gallon by Memorial Day. I just filled up at $3.25. Not bad.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Wall Street Journal had an article in their business section yesterday discussing the use of LNG and CNG for fleet vehicles. It seems that large trucking companies are slowly opting to convert to one of the two, and if filling stations would become more widely available, they all would do so. Get this, it costs $30,000 to equip an 18 wheeler to run on LNG! Wow! Imagine the price of that product being so low that a company could justify that conversion expense.

The article also said that Ryder has started using LNG trucks in it's rental fleet in California and will soon convert to it's use in New Mexico (or was it Arizona?). Anyway, it said that Chevrolet was starting to sell more pickup trucks converted and that van conversions were available.

There was another side article discussing the fact that even though fuel prices were way down, that they forsee natural gas being a bargan for the foreseeable future. I think I paid $2.69 a gallon for propane last month. Haven't looked to see if it is cheaper this month. But, it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

Are natural gas vans in our future?

John Buxton

First gas prices piss me off!

My propane companies delivery trucks run on propane. The driver said they are going back to diesel because it's cheaper. Course LP is twice the cost of NG.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Just filled up on way home from work for $3.59, looks like dropping oil prices is making its way to the pump finally.

NYC outer suburbs of Middletown, NY $3.75-3.80 for regular. Drive 40 minutes south to NJ and it is $3.35. The only good thing about Jersey is cheap gas... but you will burn it all in traffic!

scotty747

it may be cheaper but there are a lot mor btu's in a gallon of diesel than a gallon of propane or natural gas.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
We're over $4 a gallon in my area of Commiefornia...I just drop $50 everytime because it's too depressing to fillup my work van which will fill up at over $125...we pay the most of any state in the country becasue of all the extra taxes I just heard on the radio

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom