Gonna save a ton of money on chems....

Farenheit251

Its not a new product. CSN had it in the magazines ads a few years ago. If I remember correctly some of the formulations were 2 parts-a bucket of liquid and a bucket of powder to bemixed in a drum with water.

Farenheit251

Just looked it up at cleaningsupplynetwork.com. Didn't see the two part stuff aanymore. The stuff they showed made a drum that you use at 8-1. Considering most of what I use is 32-1 it is not really making a drum. More like buy 5 gallons of concentrate to make 13.75 gallons of 32-1 prespray.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
What is all the problem with what he is doing?

Mixing your own chem's is nothing new and it saves a ton of cash. All of our janitorial stuff and some of our prespray is in concentrate. A machine hanging on the wall mixes it all as its dispensed into bottles.

Look at it this way

Purchase a quart spray bottle from a jansan supplier of multi surface cleaner $2.00 - $3.00 per bottle

Mix you own $0.17 per bottle

How the hell can someone lose money mixing their own stuff?

Same with pre-spray and any other cemical you can get in concentrate. Your not wasting money on jugs, bottles, labels, shipping and other bull crap over and over again.

I can see how this cuts into small suppliers pockets but at the same time everyone is working to make more and spend less.

Able 1

Name
Keith
He is mixing it with water!!! What is the big deal I was thinking about doing this but the way I would do it is mix the drum real good and tap off 8 gal jugs at a time... Why the hell not? I have used a pump like this for oil and has worked great! Solvents??? Don't know..

drumpump.jpg

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
JanSan suppliers can hook you up with mixers for liquids or powders. Tap into a water line set the mixture rates for each chemical then just push the button to fill your jugs.

Greenie

You guys are somehow missing the message.

BrianE said:
The stuff they showed, made a drum that you use at 8-1. Considering most of what I use is 32-1 it is not really making a drum. (1/4 drum?) More like buy 5 gallons of concentrate to make 13.75 gallons of 32-1 prespray.

This is my point, is there really value there, or not?

Could I use a gal. of Judson Juice to make 64 gal of RTU prespray, and sell it as a super concentrate?

Sometimes you have to read between the lines, I'm not so sure $6 in raw material is gonna do what is advertised.

Greenie said:
You guys are somehow missing the message.

BrianE said:
The stuff they showed, made a drum that you use at 8-1. Considering most of what I use is 32-1 it is not really making a drum. (1/4 drum?) More like buy 5 gallons of concentrate to make 13.75 gallons of 32-1 prespray.

This is my point, is there really value there, or not?

Could I use a gal. of Judson Juice to make 64 gal of RTU prespray, and sell it as a super concentrate?

Sometimes you have to read between the lines, I'm not so sure $6 in raw material is gonna do what is advertised.

Cant stand it can you? want higher RTU add more still cheaper....LMAO....calm down killer ,this wont hurt your sales, Im not trying to take "buisness" from all the guys here. Nice to have options to chose from like glides,TM and wands.....................

If you notice most negative responses are from suppliers.

Did you sleep last night BTW ?

Seriously breathe, relax and have a good day....:)

wheres my dang glide at? Ill pm ya on another...breathe in breathe out.

The Preacher

15gal dell drums would be an easier to handle. get a metal paint paddle welded to a shaft long enough to keep the 55 "blended". if not the stuff can settle!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I love when you guys complain about cleaning chemical costs. In Canada because of the exchange and cost of transport we pay $35 to $45 per gallon for name brand chems. It is still a small fraction of total cost ans we all still make a decent profit up here!

BTW we also pay for more vans, tires, gas, propane, insurance and taxes then the US. Our price per sq is about them same. And guess what, we are still in business.

Find what is most convenient, works well and just don't over think it.

I order anything I can from Rick Thode (Canada) and Greenie, just because I know when I need honest rock solid advice I can phone these guys. I pay for shipping, and may or may not get the best price. I don't care. I know these guys will never steer me wrong and I want them to stay in business.

Greenie

Propane?

What does that run ya?

Damn rednecks, ya ask a few good questions, c'mon man, at least lay out some numbers so I can be proven wrong, I like the debate. My best customers cuss me at times, it's all good.

Rex Tyus

I see both sides of this. Whether it is a small percentage of the job or not. An expense is an expense. If you can cut it in half without losing performance or service then do it. For the single truck operator it may be only a few bucks a day and NOT worth the hassle. But if you are talking multi trucks it will add up fast and may be worth the investment.

That being said suppliers and distrib. need to make a profit so they will be there when we need that one item to keep US in business. Typical powder concentration is good enough for me but if I did the volume Curtis does I would pause and consider all options.

This topic has given me an idea for a new thread. Look for " the value market"

TimP

The way I see it, with powders there isn't much room for more dilution savings.

I am still waiting on the RTU price of all this stuff. Because it's hard to believe that he's really saving as much as he thinks. Salesman can be just that salesman, they say what ever it takes to make the sell in many cases.

F

FB7777

I may have missed it but how about just using a powdered pre-spray if you are concerned about paying for water? Powder is a real economical way to go.

I purchase pails of powdered degreaser for autoscubbing which is 10 times less costly than liquid concentrates

You could also buy a nuke cleaner like Flex and clean @ 32-1 dilution

@ that dilution its $3/ gal.

Greenie

all powders were not created equal, brand A might be 1 oz. per gal, brand B might be 8 oz. per.

Shipping is the primary reason I see guys favor a powder, it's also a little more "compact" so there is perceived value in a 1 gal jug.

but....at the end of the day, assuming you are not underdiluting your chems, it all boils down to how many pennies does it cost for one gal of RTU prespray....health aside :lol:

TimP

Health reasons are why I don't use the Powerbreak/powerburst.

Judson O2 has been very economical for me even in a liquid.

Powermax, is very economical.

Also some of CTI's stuff is very economical in RTU.

Always find out how much it takes to make a gallon, RTU cost

Like I said I'm still waiting on the RTU price of this concentrate.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Greenie said:
Propane?

What does that run ya?

Last year averaged $0.62 per liter. Right now $0.47.

At current prices, that translates to $16 fill for my 7.9 gallon belly tank every couple of weeks.

Well to update I'm only gonna do rinses protectors and deodorizer.
Pre spray will be powder(by the drum) and liquid is JJ still a great bang fer the buck and it works.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
propane is 80cents/litre over here. !!

Cost me extra shipping just to get solutions and equipment across the border, not to mention brokerage fees.
Seems all the carpet manufacturers are south of the border.
A gal of Dupont Telfon at the supplier here is about $75! In the US you can get it for what, $35?

John Watson

C Pennington said:
Well to update I'm only gonna do rinses protectors and deodorizer.
Pre spray will be powder(by the drum) and liquid is JJ still a great bang fer the buck and it works.

Curtis, I can understand bulking your rinse if compatable with your tlc and other pre-sprays and protector if you yourself are satisfied with the protective qualities you are selling to your client. Infact most on this board would probobly like to hear more about the protector which is a higher cost item.

Ron Werner said:
A gal of Dupont Telfon at the supplier here is about $75! In the US you can get it for what, $35?
. Boy, My buds up in Canadia i'm sure would be interested, esspecialy if they can get it imported to them at a decent price.

How much deo do you use to need a drum of premixed on hand?? You probably would have had a better responce on this thread if you started out telling what amounts you use now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom