Google and Yahoo Searches

Name
R.J. Povio
For our area we were coming up on the top 3 and the least top 5 on the first page for along time. Now sometimes we do not come up until the second page. We called our internet company that helps move us up on the lists, they said that GOOGLE has changed some of their search engine stuff throwing alot of companies around. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the company we hired to do this stuff giving us BS?

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I don't make any effort to rank high on Yahoo, but I have been the first or second result on Google for 3+ years. As of yesterday, I wasn't even on the first page. I'm not sure what they changed or how long it will last, but the phone never stopped ringing yesterday!

Edit: Today things look like they are back to normal - I just got strange results for one day.

FredC

Village Idiot
First...nice site

I expect to see a lot more post like this over the next few months.

They aren't really giving you bs. Google is always changing....and a couple times a year you usually see a big update. However, usually the sites that take the biggest hits rely heavily on one or two SEO techniques. This could be...for example.... a reciprocal link network or blog network. Once google gives less weight to one of these or in the case of the larger blog networks recently completely de-indexes them the sites that rely on them for ranking start to drop.

lack of portfolio diversification.....

not to say that is what happened in your case...I didn't dig deep..........your rankings might return to normal after a little dance

FredC said:
First...nice site

I expect to see a lot more post like this over the next few months.

They aren't really giving you bs. Google is always changing....and a couple times a year you usually see a big update. However, usually the sites that take the biggest hits rely heavily on one or two SEO techniques. This could be...for example.... a reciprocal link network or blog network. Once google gives less weight to one of these or in the case of the larger blog networks recently completely de-indexes them the sites that rely on them for ranking start to drop.

lack of portfolio diversification.....

not to say that is what happened in your case...I didn't dig deep..........your rankings might return to normal after a little dance
w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IST6qRfVqwYw]

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I don't make any effort to rank high on Yahoo, but I have been the first or second result on Google for 3+ years. As of yesterday, I wasn't even on the first page. I'm not sure what they changed or how long it will last, but the phone never stopped ringing yesterday!

Edit: Today things look like they are back to normal - I just got strange results for one day.

This exact thing happened to me on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday mostly back to normal but it has me thinking about my somewhat keyword spammy sites. One of my sites was linking to my main site and under the advise of some folks I have put nofollow on those links so as not to get penalized.

Albert

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
well I checked for my main keywords. #1 Places, #1 organic and #1 for adwords. with no consideration for adwords which I do myself the other organic and places is handled by the best in the industry in my opinion. Also charges too little but I don't complain about that too often.

Eric Scofield

Name
Eric Scofield
Im paying 500.00 a month to show on page one. But nine times out of ten mike shows up first, and all my google analyst can say is Eric I'm on it.

Becker

Name
Becker
Eric Scofield said:
Im paying 500.00 a month to show on page one. But nine times out of ten mike shows up first, and all my google analyst can say is Eric I'm on it.

Ha ha ha!

mcatt

Name
Mike
Yeah, I heard they are really looking now at ranking unique and more content then anything else. This stuff keeps happening and constantly changing. Just like the services we provide it's good to be diversified in your SEO work. Just like a IRA portfolio.

FredC

Village Idiot
Eric Scofield said:

500 ya say?

FredC

Village Idiot
Eric...I can't help you due to other obligations (i'm on the Boss' team)

but man....you're getting fvcked...bad....

First your PPC is NOT through google it is through a third party (clickforward/yellowbook).

I suggest you spend some time learning how this all works..........there is no reason you can't be much more visible in Scruz without ads....the competition isn't that tough

but on the ads...if you spend some time learning you will find running your own PPC campaigns to be much cheaper......and most likely more productive

Mikey P

Administrator
First your PPC is NOT through google it is through a third party (clickforward/yellowbook).

that's what I figured, when I tried it I was paying Google direct and could choose my own budget.

IMO PPC is almost worthless. People just dont look there.

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't look...

but I know people with successful PPC campaigns....

I also noticed something very odd on two new laptops I bought last month. On all my older PCs/macs the ads are obvious due to the different color background....on the new ones I had to tweak the shit out of the graphics settings to get the background box to display...........

still not sure if it is a graphics issue....or the overlords are working with manufacturers....wouldn't be the first time...........

S

sam miller

I rank well in Lancaster not to much in Palmdale, I have home network services and superpages and a pay per click campaign giving me 3 spots on first page.

My competitor has a pay per click but it links to his google places or at least show his reviews online in his ppc I wonder how he does that?

Because that would be huge for me!

I'm able to limit what I spend $150 per month on ppc I could go less but its been okay so far.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yes the way he does that is adwords express. The product really is horrible. Doesn't let you control keywords, times of day, or location. The only good thing about it and the reason I use it is for the reviews showing up. I spend about 350 a month on it. Worth it but I would half that if I could use adwords and have it display my review count.

And I am a person successful at paid advertising on google. I also rank well but my opinion is that if someone is going to click a sponsored ad I want them to click mine. Google is still the least expensive advertising I do for return on investment so why haggle over a few hundred dollars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom