Google switcharoo in full force

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I ran a report tonight on my top 12 key words from 2 months ago.

Ouch! All ten have moved down and most have moved WAY down. :shock:

Here are some ranking changes:

1 to 62
1 to 51
2 to 30
4 to 22
4 to 19
6 to 18
6 to 16
2 to 10
2 to 9
4 to 6
2 to 4
10 to 10

Not one of the top 12 key words moved up. All went down. I don't know much about this stuff and have done very little over the past few years to make it better. I have tried, but it hasn't seemed to work out. The bing and yahoo rankings mostly all went up - but who really cares.

I had plans to start redoing the website - I guess this is a little incentive to get moving - NOW.

FredC

Village Idiot
I think we've been through this before.....but I don't have access to my old PMs

the sites, although they could use some structure changes, aren't the issue. I'll email you later this eve

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
FredC said:
I think we've been through this before.....but I don't have access to my old PMs

the sites, although they could use some structure changes, aren't the issue. I'll email you later this eve

Fred - you have been a great help in the past, I really appreciate it. I have never seen my site drop so drastically before this. I have always ranked well for my small geo area. This caught me by surprise. I am pretty much gone now. Places is not showing up in most of the searches anymore except for one or two listings - which I am not in. I have someone local that I have been waiting on to help me. Hopefully, he can get it fixed when he gets time.

My places hits have flatlined & only one keyword hit (besides my name) on the site in the past 2 weeks.

Maybe it will change back in a couple weeks.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Google is cracking dwn on unrelated backlinks, link farms, paid links and reciprical links.

I thought they have been doing this for some time now, But they are now shutting down sites that may be doing this because they are going against Google's guidelines.

Google is always trying to level the playing field.

FredC said:

7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IST6qRfVqwY7]

brendan

Name
brendan
Hey Mickey,carpet cleaning now 20 years,out on my own last 12.Since the banking crisis the world has falling into a recession,but Ireland has been slaughtered.People just dont have any money.I m down say 40& on last year. my site going into web site grave yard is the last thing i needed.iM ONLY RANTING,dust myself off and keep on going,thanks for asking.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've noticed a drop in one area. I think google is doing a better job at keeping folks honest. Playing by the rules SHOULD pay off IMO.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Blue Monarch said:
I've noticed a drop in one area. I think google is doing a better job at keeping folks honest. Playing by the rules SHOULD pay off IMO.

X2

Plus in our area cleaners (with just a couple of exceptions) are very dumb about internet advertising.

Connor

Name
Connor
Royal Man said:
[quote="Blue Monarch":3cgy3p8f]I've noticed a drop in one area. I think google is doing a better job at keeping folks honest. Playing by the rules SHOULD pay off IMO.

X2

Plus in our area cleaners (with just a couple of exceptions) are very dumb about internet advertising.[/quote:3cgy3p8f]

You could use any professions name instead of cleaners, either dumb or dishonest.

Mikey P

Administrator
Real sorry to hear it Brendan.

I overlooked where you're from.

Yeah, I hear its real bad over there.

Are all the cleaners feeling it or just those who work for the middle to lower class?

I have two painter buddies. Both nice respectable family men.
One has not worked in over six weeks, the other is booked solid through August..

Guess why..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Royal Man said:
[quote="Blue Monarch":2rsh73pu]I've noticed a drop in one area. I think google is doing a better job at keeping folks honest. Playing by the rules SHOULD pay off IMO.

X2

Plus in our area cleaners (with just a couple of exceptions) are very dumb about internet advertising.[/quote:2rsh73pu]

Lol!! Keep it honest right Dave? Google f'd me also with there last bs..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well my Richardson area dropped a few spots but my Roseville CA area is back to number 1... A Joe Polish site was keeping it at number 2 for the last year.

We'll see what happens.

The Roseville site is a lot older and has less backlinks etc... I have no idea if that's a factor.

brendan

Name
brendan
hey Mickey mad that you mention painters,brother law worked in a paint shop here for twenty years, they where always busy until all this,closing down in 2 weeks. Painters carpenters,everyone taken a hit.All the multi truck carpet cleaners are now one truck owner operators.Sorry dont mean to hi jack this thread.
So mickey why one of your painter friends busy and the other not..............

http://www.carpetcleanersdublin.ie

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Able 1 said:
[quote="Royal Man":2iguq774][quote="Blue Monarch":2iguq774]I've noticed a drop in one area. I think google is doing a better job at keeping folks honest. Playing by the rules SHOULD pay off IMO.

X2

Plus in our area cleaners (with just a couple of exceptions) are very dumb about internet advertising.[/quote:2iguq774]

Lol!! Keep it honest right Dave? Google f'd me also with there last bs..[/quote:2iguq774]

Your placement looks ALMOST as good as it gets to me.

I had a couple of new reviews this week too. Atleast you got your stars back. Google dropped a bunch of reviews for me with the changes too.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Brian R said:
Well my Richardson area dropped a few spots but my Roseville CA area is back to number 1... A Joe Polish site was keeping it at number 2 for the last year.

Joe Polish...LOL. #1...hmmm, maybe my browser isnt working right. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is at the bottom of your site.

Carpet Audit ™, Consumer Awareness Guide™, Most Thorough Cleaning Ever or it’s FREE®, and Ethical Services™
are Registered Trademarks and Trademarks of Piranha Marketing, Inc., and are used on this site with permission.

FredC

Village Idiot
pretty sure they are trying to give me a stroke......I haven't been able to do much of shit besides fix/preventive maintenance for the last month

and now they role out the new places format for me to deal with.....

Connor

Name
Connor
FredC said:
pretty sure they are trying to give me a stroke......I haven't been able to do much of shit besides fix/preventive maintenance for the last month

and now they role out the new places format for me to deal with.....

New format, you mean replace google places with Google Plus Local?

Connor

Name
Connor
FredC said:
yes....but its a bit more than that

Go on...

Or is it one of those " I could tell you, but then I'd have to bill you" sort of things?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom