Got me no spark

Name
I'm Rick James
So I am going to fix that wire or replace the stater wire tomorrow. See what that does and then I am going to turn my attention to the carb and either rebuild it or fix the adjustment on it.

Just want to say thanks to all that replied and offered suggestions.

tom mcfadden

I have the 23 hp Briggs also. When shutting engine off set throttle slightly above idle than shut down this will stop dieseling.

On some briggs a little choke will help start a hot engine.

Name
I'm Rick James
Im sure you guys were just waiting all day for the update regarding my POS dumbass TM. So I talk to Les on the phone, a real nice guy. He told me to take the carb off and focus on a fuel switch thingy right below the carb, so it looked easy enough. I get down to the carb and I just had problem after problem.

I think I pissed someone off in a previous life. My socket wrench is gone I think the mechanic I visited yesterday thought it was his and grabbed it. Whatever so I get another tool and I fricken dropped it under the machine where a black hole is appearently and it is GONE, yes GONE. So I figure out a way to get this bolt off. I do the repair Les mentioned.

I get everything back together, all the housing and stuff and I noticed I have an extra screw. Uhggg, so I realize it is part of the back part of the carb, a mounting bolt. I think does it really need a screw back there. Geez. So I take most of the crap off and mount it and put it all back. I hook the battery up. At this point I am like a kid during christmas cause I wanna know if this repair worked. If it did my next kid would be named Les. Back to the battery, I hook it up, skipped over to the TM to turn it over and and and it acts like the battery is almost dead. So ok I hook the jumper cables up to the van and run it to the TM battery and walk over the the TM and and and the battery acts like its almost dead. This time the starter starts smoking. Really. Now. at this moment, on this day, at this time.

So that is how most of my day went. Yes it did rain the entire time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom