Got scammed

Cameron1

Customer calls and request that his carpets get cleaned with a 360 I. We schedule the job . The tech. Gets to the apartment complex, and calls the customer to get better directions. He is directed to the back of the complex and down some steps and told to knock on the door.

After he gets no answer he goes back to the van to find the back doors open, and the 360 gone.

The whole thing was a setup from the get go. Tcs said we were the third company to get the scam ,all in the same week.

So, anyone got one for sale? Also, looking for a cimex.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
That’s nuts.
It seems like the thieves are the only ones who are really ambitious these days.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
You were not scammed you were robbed!!
Though it sucks these people will wind up face down in a ditch or in jail if they are lucky

Name
Lee Stockwell
You have the phone number.....

Wonder if they'd try it again? I'd fix up a "special" 360 for them...and keep the detonator in my pocket.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
That's terrible!

Sorry to hear about that Steve, hope you find those thieves!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steve.......drive down to the freeway exit and look for the guy with the cardboard Carpet Cleaning sign..................

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, now you know their tactics, the police can do a sting.

Have they all been stolen from the same apartments?

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
probably used a prepaid cell, unlikely traceable.

Check the apt. complex to see if they have outside securty cameras or if any of the residents do. Someone saw something.

Another reason I don't do apartments.

Good luck.

Magic One

a machine that valuable shoud be the first equipment brought in the house. File a police report. Where was your assistant? My asisistant stays with the van & set ups equipment and starts setting up the machine. Starts it up and warms up the machine while I find out what what I'm cleaning.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
sorry to hear that Steve. a good reason to have serial numbers recorded. keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist :mrgreen:

Cameron1

As you grow, you will start to lose control of all the details that happen or goes on in your business. There were many red flags here that went un noticed.

The bottom line is we were flat out scammed, and the " team" should have picked up the obvious ( to me ) signs that were there. Of course the police were called and a report made. We even tried to get the police to meet us for a buy on the 360 that appeared on Craigslist the same day, but they would have no part of it.

The irony of it all.....................back in the fall we did a car dealership that said it was the best cleaning job that they had ever had. We used the 360! They fricken called yesterday wanting us to clean them again as well as their sister dealership down the street. Life is just weird.

Cameron1

Well yes da it is.

Fricken in this case was used as an adjective to describe the irony of the timing of the call. You know, like imagine that! The very tool that was used to gather accolades from the dealership was stolen, and as I was searching Craigslist for my 360 they were calling wanting me to bring that 360 around for some more accolades .

Marty....please leave the deep thinking to the rest of us.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh, I was thinking may be the word was a substitute for a less desirable and offensive word that is usually an indication of a limited vocabulary.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here is what I would do, I would call my competitor asking for "your carpets" to be cleaned with a 360i........... :twisted:

Ok so maybe I wouldn't. :oops:

How about if you called your distributor to demo the Hoss 700 Sapphire....on the night you schedule the dealership?

Now that I would do. :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

Cameron1

Marty said:
Oh, I was thinking may be the word was a substitute for a less desirable and offensive word that is usually an indication of a limited vocabulary.

Ther ya go...thinking again. Man you ain't being paid to think.

Leave that stuff to the pros . Just go back to being ole merty the sasob

Connor

Name
Connor
You should have just gone to the place from craigslist and THEN called the police. They HAVE to come out.

Back
Top Bottom