GOTTA LAUGH - LOOKED AT BUYING A USED TM

PCCN

Been looking for a reasonable used TM for a backup. I knew I would not find a perfect unit in an older machine but I didn't expect to run into this......

Found a '97 in Columbia, MO. Ad said in very good condition, small Spitfire 4.0. Called owner and said he had 2 working & 1 non-working rotary extractors, wands, hoses, etc. to throw in , he needed to move it. Drove 7 hours and guy asked me to meet at the freeway (he was going to a job-on Sunday). [Red flag #1] Actually very decent van for a '97. BUT, waste tank not even bolted down; 2 old 1 1/2" wands, limits old vac hose with solution line rolled up on same reel; no rotary extractors or anything else in there. [Red flags #2, 3, 4,] Owner said he was 34 years old and had been cleaning for 27 years and was just tired. (Hmmmmm-hillbilly math doesn't even work here.) [HUGE red flag] Seller said machine runs great but the battery is down and can't start it. He asked, "Will you be paying cash?" [Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sure I am and I'll leave it on the table for you.)

Just wondering if anyone else ran into such an IDIOT trying to unload equipment like this?

Connor

Name
Connor
yep. Plenty of them out there. At least you didn't buy an ipad box with a piece of plywood in it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Connor said:
yep. Plenty of them out there. At least you didn't buy an ipad box with a piece of plywood in it.

I almost had A few of these arrested at my car wash, held their attention for thirty minutes but cops took 45 minutes to get there.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Yup. I rented a car drove 4 hours to chatanooga,tn guy said the legend ran fine.....dropped off my rental car. The van was a death trap no battery in machine. But........I sold the piece of crap for 4k more than what I bought it for

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
dealtimeman said:
Connor said:

I almost had A few of these arrested at my car wash, held their attention for thirty minutes but cops took 45 minutes to get there.

Car wash?

That sounds nice.

Everybody loves a clean car! shiteatinggrin

Used truckmount? Yeah, there's a sucker born every minute.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You get what ya pay for....Why I do not do consignments. Either I own it and sell it and back it or I don't want any part of it. When you buy a machine from me it will squirt and suck when you get it...

Becker

Name
Becker
The Spitfire was not HM greatest machine.

I recall a HM customer appreciation day years ago when the spitfire was introduced.

The thing, was having problems on the demo.. Over heating..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I buy used truckmounts dirt cheap and expect to put some money in them. If it's not running cut the asking price in half. That said, I hope to buy new from here out.

PCCN

Tony Neville said:
Just for the record I have to say that we do not own a spitfire!

That is all!

Tony Neville

Nope, it wasnt' you. You're free and clear. somewhat amus

Lars

Name
Lars
Ya you have to be carefull, some people think their stuff is gold but might just be a pile of junk... I am keeping my eyes open for a used Prochem 405 and can't believe the crap that is out there!

jgalves

I ran into a guy that had an old hydracat tm for sale. He only wanted 1000 for it so I jumped at it. It turned out to be a great buy and it has been running strong since day one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom