GREASE

glenboy

Name
GLEN
I did a restaurant last night for a friend ,he is buying this place.so he has it cleaned to help the fix-er up process.as i am cleaning it i overhear the owner say he has not cleaned it in over 5 years (the carpet) and it showed it was very you make me sick dirty.when i got to the traffic area by the kitchen and the bus tub storage area the carpet was like someone sprayed fukin rhino liner on it.the grease was so thick nothing i had would penetrate it.i sprayed hte heat to it BIG TIME and notta.i cannot recall ever trying to clean something like this.the closest was a PIC A Nut company in warren MI that had hi-lo tire tracks thru the showroom and it was like dirt rubber grease all mixed and the heat worked there.what would help this situation???

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Start out by replacing that carpet.

It will refresh the whole area and make the place look newer.

Old grease and food embedded in the carpet makes the whole place stink.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And if it is not a glue down, chances are the pad is totally oil saturated. So wicking likely be an issue, and post padding most likely be in order.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jimmy L said:
Start out by replacing that carpet.

It will refresh the whole area and make the place look newer.

Old grease and food embedded in the carpet makes the whole place stink.

X2

XCC

Allow me to rant for a sec.This total disregard for keeping a CLEAN dining room for patrons by these greasy spoon restaurant owner makes me want to vomit! I've seen it dozens of times through the years and it is disgusting. When dining room carpet get greased up to the point that you can scrape the solidified and caked on kitchen sludge with a putty knife you can only imagine the conditions that the food is prepared under. I walked into a Chili's once that had such greasy TILE floors that I felt like I could easily slip and fall because of it. I called for the manager and gave him a card and pointed the problem out to him. He replied that the floors get cleaned every night and seemed unconcerned. The Mrs. and I have never gone back there. The smell of rancid grease in full microbiological breakdown is disgusting and unhealthy. There, I feel a little better.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'd say give it one more shot with HOT Grease Eraser, dwell for 10-15 minutes. I'm doing a mexican resty tomorrow, and I'll get some pic's of the GE results.

Oh.....and HOT (230* and up), hi-flow TM always helps.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I've never ran into any we couldn't bust loose, but if I did I would spray heavy,scrub with 175 and red pad, then nuke it!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
XCC said:
Allow me to rant for a sec.This total disregard for keeping a CLEAN dining room for patrons by these greasy spoon restaurant owner makes me want to vomit! I've seen it dozens of times through the years and it is disgusting. When dining room carpet get greased up to the point that you can scrape the solidified and caked on kitchen sludge with a putty knife you can only imagine the conditions that the food is prepared under. I walked into a Chili's once that had such greasy TILE floors that I felt like I could easily slip and fall because of it. I called for the manager and gave him a card and pointed the problem out to him. He replied that the floors get cleaned every night and seemed unconcerned. The Mrs. and I have never gone back there. The smell of rancid grease in full microbiological breakdown is disgusting and unhealthy. There, I feel a little better.

i got 1 in town.....

once a week cleaning baby..he gets it....

still a little greasy spoon, and there is always that "smell" from those places :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but his girls clean it every night very good....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
BLewis said:
I've never ran into any we couldn't bust loose, but if I did I would spray heavy,scrub with 175 and red pad, then nuke it!

Chemiesters Grease Eraser, served up HOT, no scrubbing needed, just melts the grease away. Call and beg them for a sample....it's really pricey stuff.

FredC

Village Idiot
run a wallpaper perforator tool (or something of similar design) over the area so the chems can penetrate/contact more area?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
no bob no 1300 on board,although the fission from sapphire really worked well.it cut the grease but when i came to this rhino liner,not even O Magic would work

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wire brush ?
oven cleaner ?
spike your Fission with Draino ?(lye)

green or black pad under a rotary and strip it off in layers
nuke, scrub extract ...repeat as needed

..L.T.A.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
rwcarpet said:
BLewis said:

Chemiesters Grease Eraser, served up HOT, no scrubbing needed, just melts the grease away. Call and beg them for a sample....it's really pricey stuff.

You do know that Chemiesters is in Michigan?? Right in your backyard.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
thank you robert hodge,back in the day i worked for a huge local company using portable equip,and in their vans they had prods like grease eraser,pro liminator,and so on.back then i really never took cleaning too serious or the chems that were provided (i was 18 yrs old) i am glad you mentioned grease eraser,now i know it works.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
glenboy said:
thank you robert hodge,back in the day i worked for a huge local company using portable equip,and in their vans they had prods like grease eraser,pro liminator,and so on.back then i really never took cleaning too serious or the chems that were provided (i was 18 yrs old) i am glad you mentioned grease eraser,now i know it works.

Glen.....I just finished a Mexican Resty cleaning, and used Grease Eraser, with a dash of S&G, for true "one stroke" cleaning. I have a video that we filmed, and as soon as I can get it off my Wifes phone, I will post it. I'm really surprized that Chemiesters doesn't advertise more on these boards. I truely don't know where I first saw their advertsing many years ago....probably ICS mag.

Name
Jesse
Ive seen this a few times. The worst one ever required oven/grill cleaner and a stripping brush. It's hard on the carpet but the grease in the backing will hold it together J/K

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Just a thought. First of all when their is that much grease ,you will need many many more times (soak) the degreaser in order for the product to carry the grease load and for the imulsification process to carry the grease load. The dwell time should also be greatly increased to say at least 20 min. before serious agitation. Agitate then reapply more degreaser to the point of being soaked again. Let dwell for at least 30min. Agitate again then extract.It is the proper use of the chemistry that will do the work when the going get's tough.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mardie said:
Just a thought. First of all when their is that much grease ,you will need many many more times (soak) the degreaser in order for the product to carry the grease load and for the imulsification process to carry the grease load. The dwell time should also be greatly increased to say at least 20 min. before serious agitation. Agitate then reapply more degreaser to the point of being soaked again. Let dwell for at least 30min. Agitate again then extract.It is the proper use of the chemistry that will do the work when the going get's tough.

You're just about right, Mardie. If you are using a great pre-treatment, such as Grease Eraser, not that much soaking is needed. Hot is the key....hot pre-spray, hot rinse, and of course, some type of agitation with dwell time. With the right pre-spray, you can leave the scrubber in the van. My biggest complaint in those greasy restys is the bottoms of the chair legs are sometimes soooo filthy that they leave a mark when moving them back into place. I usually rub them around on some clean area just to clean up the feet.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Showerfeed your prespray through a shampoo brush... Extract with the heat cranked up. Re-treat the giant grease spot that looks like a 40lb peice of gum on the carpet after cleaning and do another area and come back to it again... Repeat as needed. Post pad and mist on some encap in the traffic areas and (go a little strong in the problem area because it's filthy, it's going to be wetter in that area). Place a few fans and dont be afraid to use a few pads front and back in the bad areas...

glenboy

Name
GLEN
after doing this nasty greasy job,my blower exhaust has smelled horrible when i am running my machine,it smells like the shit from that greasepit i cleaned,it never got to the shut off or even the overflow.i was able to keep er emptied on site.i am wonderin if the BOB-O-RINSE-O WOULD WORK

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
glenboy said:
after doing this nasty greasy job,my blower exhaust has smelled horrible when i am running my machine,it smells like the shit from that greasepit i cleaned,it never got to the shut off or even the overflow.i was able to keep er emptied on site.i am wonderin if the BOB-O-RINSE-O WOULD WORK

probably coming mostly from the waste tank.
when's the last time you pulled the lid and cleaned it?

If it's been awhile, there will be plenty carpet fiber lint and "pond scum" stuck to sides

..L.T.A.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
what dya do bob ?? take the muffler off and flush from top.how about runnin some degreaser thru or just hose water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom