Green Cleaners

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What are you using to clean the rat nasty rentals? I want to find a new “hot” prespray. I doubt anything truly green will cut through the nasty shit I clean on a daily basis, but I’m willing to try.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I promote "all natural" cleaning products but keep PowerBurst on the truck for those times when Soap/Clean Free wont do it. I'll explain the situation before I start and people seem to understand. Everything has its limits...

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yea Chris that’s about where I’m at.

I add a dash of delimeo to give the customer the impression of natural cleaning and to cover the cacogenic odor of my hot prespray. I have tried Procyon’s Extreme, but is lacks octane despite PH of 12.5

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
SLop and Gobble has worked well for me
Before that, I've kicked a couple with a strong solution of O2+Hotsauce and a good scrubbing
If there was a lot of food stuffs, I carry Attack from Cleanco.

Name
I'm Rick James
Trashed Green from Magic Wand. I posted pics of the results in the auction thread above.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
What are you using to clean the rat nasty rentals? I want to find a new “hot” prespray. I doubt anything truly green will cut through the nasty shit I clean on a daily basis, but I’m willing to try.

what's "truly green" mean to you, Mike?
it means a whole of different things depending who you ask and how it's marketed

"all natural" is another term with little practical value 'cept for "feel good" marketing .
Hemlock is "all natural" ..so is crude oil for that matter

isn't Lye "all natural" too?
hell, spike those sissy juices with some Drano (mostly lye) ..it'll still be "all natural" !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Erskine Allin said:
what's "truly green" mean to you, Mike?

Personally, I don’t care if it’s made from endangered baby bald eagles .
I would prefer to use chemicals that pose no health risks even with prolonged daily exposure. No / Low VOC, No known toxicity, carcinogens, low reactivity. . I’m not a chemist, so I value 3rd party certification by a not for profit agency like Green Seal.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
ACE said:
Personally, I don’t care if it’s made from endangered baby bald eagles .
I would prefer to use chemicals that pose no health risks even with prolonged daily exposure. No / Low VOC, No known toxicity, carcinogens, low reactivity. . I’m not a chemist, so I value 3rd party certification by a not for profit agency like Green Seal.
Green Seal has imposed standards on raw materials that will NEVER be tested.

Bio-degradation studies are only done by companies that have proprietary products like surfactants.

Green Seal will only LIMIT your choices of cleaning raw materials,
and increase your costs.

ISSA has challenged several lists of raw materials that Green Seal has proposed to ban.

The Design for Environment (DFE) program is a better one for our industry.

Larry

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
Trashed Green

I carry it and use it in some cases's not the end all P?T on real nasty carpet

And it has a really strong smell like express lane from chemspec. maybe its the citrus!

dont get me wrong I like it but with food stains and nasty rental property it has its limits! I like ultrapac and express lane better but they're not green!

It is the best green prespray I've used! so far.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Rattle Snake Venom is 100% Natural but that doesn't make it safe...

Get some nuke juice for the nasties... Slop & Gobble or Powermax would be good places to start and a cleaning with either is greener than replacing the carpet.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There is a saying that "The poison is in the dose." Meaning that almost anything can be toxic if the dose is big enough.

Sometimes it is "greener" to use less of some product than to use a whole lot of the green stuff.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mike;

We feel a powder prespray must have an oxidizer for stain removal . . .

and a citrus solvent for enhancing the grease & oil removal.

PowerMax also has a longer lasting fragrance component to assure customer satifaction.

Larry

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
ACE said:
Yea Chris that’s about where I’m at.

I add a dash of delimeo to give the customer the impression of natural cleaning and to cover the cacogenic odor of my hot prespray. I have tried Procyon’s Extreme, but is lacks octane despite PH of 12.5

Never use the Procyon liquid form. Always buy the powder and mix it yourself.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
rwcarpet said:
Never use the Procyon liquid form. Always buy the powder and mix it yourself.

I love Procyon powder, as a rinse. Procyon is as green as it gets, It has it's limts as a pre-spray.

Name
I'm Rick James
With a gallon of Trashed Green you can make over $7,000 with it. Its $50 a gallon so it seems a small price to pay for a quality product.

leesenter

Wow, I cannot believe no one has mentioned DFC Heavy Duty Degreaser by Chemspec. Crank the heat and watch it melt the grease. It's 100% food grade ingredients.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I wonder why green is that big a deal, in reality.

I know it works as marketing/fear/USP angle.

Any chems put down are throughly rinced out and a moot factor with HWE.

Mean while the "concerned" green client has been living for years in a home full of crap and urine.

So, is it just marketing/USP fluff?

Name
I'm Rick James
Royal Man said:
I wonder why green is that big a deal, in reality.

Mean while the "concerned" green client has been living for years in a home full of crap and urine.

Butyl is a known neuro toxican that has a lot of negative effects on our body. You may rinse out the prespray... but it becomes airborne when sprayed, settling on upholstery, beds and even get sucked into the air duct vents.

It is heavily marketed in the form of scare tactics, people even claim Low Moisture is Green.. There are many shades of green, but its a natural step for the more toxic cleaning products to be removed. Look at the stuff that is banned for carpet cleaning that was commonly used in the industry..

Everyone knows at least one old timer with that wicked cough or health issues from breathing in the nuke prespray over the years.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Wile E. Coyote said:
[quote="Royal Man":vdlc69hz]I wonder why green is that big a deal, in reality.

Butyl is a known neuro toxican that has a lot of negative effects on our body. You may rinse out the prespray... but it becomes airborne when sprayed, settling on upholstery, beds and even get sucked into the air duct vents.

It is heavily marketed in the form of scare tactics, people even claim Low Moisture is Green.. There are many shades of green, but its a natural step for the more toxic cleaning products to be removed. Look at the stuff that is banned for carpet cleaning that was commonly used in the industry..

Everyone knows at least one old timer with that wicked cough or health issues from breathing in the nuke prespray over the years.[/quote:vdlc69hz]

that's why i asked to define "green"
"green" to me, means eco friendly ...low/no impact to the environment

less hazardous to your health chems aren't always "green"
and "green" chems aren't always healthy for the operator

further, the folks using SCARE tactics on custys about the evils of butyl are ignorant or scumbags .
the impact to our custys is nil.
it's the operator that's in it everyday, all day that's the concern .
We're exposed literally to a 1000 times greater volume than our custys

..l.T.A.

gary mackay

I have given UltraPac my certified Green Seal of approval and that's all that really matters, what ever I say & claim is the way it is. My empowered water of formula 90 "all natural zero residue" patetented non-toxic rinse will save the earth from global warming too.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Erskine Allin said:
that's why i asked to define "green"
"green" to me, means eco friendly ...low/no impact to the environment

less hazardous to your health chems aren't always "green"
and "green" chems aren't always healthy for the operator

1) further, the folks using SCARE tactics on custys about the evils of butyl are ignorant or scumbags .
the impact to our custys is nil.
2) it's the operator that's in it everyday, all day that's the concern .
We're exposed literally to a 1000 times greater volume than our custys

..l.T.A.

1) I agree Larry. Unfortunately scare tactics are used by BOTH Green and Non Green manufacturers. Republicans and Democrats; Etc. Appealing to peoples' fear (see Glenn Beck) is a commonly used, yet disgusting tactic.

2) Absolutely, we are the ones most at risk. Many here do not seem to realize it. For example, many here, even "green" cleaners will not use a respirator to protect themselves when pre-spraying (claiming: "I can't do it, what will I say to my client." In other words I'll risk both our health so that things seem less risky.)

However, there is the absolute truth to which one can stick to, regardless of what the market wants. Or listening to what the client perceived is important to them and providing them with what they want. Most people, even "Green" seeking clients will go with better cleaning if it is logically explained. It isn't that hard. I do it every single day.

You can fight the market or go with what it wants/needs/wishes and still maintain your integrity.
And provide the client with outstanding cleaning results.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
So, I should clean wearing a respirator?

That won't shake up clients that look for potential problems.

How about adding a hazmat suit for good measure?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Royal Man said:
So, I should clean wearing a respirator?

That won't shake up clients that look for potential problems.

How about adding a hazmat suit for good measure?

Dave.
Do you have to be a moron or do you choose to?

leesenter

Hey Mr.Yoakum- do you know what the TLV is of the butyls used in Ultrapac 711? Without looking it up I think it's 20ppm with a skin notation. This chemical is known to be easily absorbed through the skin. You wear gloves while working?
Very few cleaners wear gloves and that is a huge issue to our health.

Name
I'm Rick James
“Green cleaning can be defined as; effective cleaning that protects health without harming the environment."

This generic definition is what green cleaning is classified as. The thing is you can never truly be GREEN.. you can only strive for it. Even if you have a TM made out of wood and ran of recycled cow farts, its still not green.

I don't use Butyl based products, but I help someone from time to time who does and wow I am blown away at the odor it gives off. He actually has to mask it with a deodorizer cause of the odor. Maybe because I don't use Butyl now and that is why I notice it more and I am SURE the customer can smell that too. When I worked at the large carpet cleaning companies I used butyl based products and I could feel the effects from inhaling it all day. So how can you not say it doesnt effect your customer. I have gotten a lot of customers telling me about the bad odor of previous carpet cleaning companies product. And what of the chemically sensitive people too...

I, like you guys am done with some of these green marketing tactics. Hey choose me because I use low moisture, or whatever it may be. I don't believe in using scare tactics to gain customers and would never go that route. I am not a fan of Butyl because of my OWN personal experience with it and I have no interest in using it. If you look on my website it even says "we are as green as we can be". I even tell my customers TRUE GREEN can never be achieved, just like a perfect social utopia can never exist.. its the strive we make is what counts. But I am going to use the safest cleaning products the industry makes because I have seen the differences in NOT using them.

Going Green is just a natural step that would occur even if there wasnt a movement, plenty of chemicals were banned prior to the green movement. I think its the movement itself that turns many off, including myself. I mean who wouldnt want to use the safest cleaning products available, we only live once..

Back
Top Bottom