Green Glides M-5 Mytee

Mr.V

I received my GG M-5 today (made specifically for Greenglides)

it's built on the Mytee M series frame

This thing is one kick a$$ porty

2 115 cfm 3 stage vacs in parallel with 2' plumbing

2' hose going to a Greenhorn wand with #8 flow (nicest wand I've ever owned)

600 psi pump

YEEE HAAAAWWWW!!!!

did my living room with 50' of hose and hooked up the kero heater in my van (man I love the sound of that thing booming in the background)

and my carpet was sock dry in 3hrs (old shag)

no padding,,,no fans

the wand actually sticks to the floor with a glide

I'm impressed so far

booked three jobs for tomorrow in about 5 minutes

I'll give more feedback tomorrow night,and I'll try out the Mytee hot box too

thanx Greenie,,,,,,this lil mytee is an impressive tank of a porty

btw Mytee makes a nice machine,,,,,I like the way this thing is set up,,,,,,,,,I want a couple more of these hangers for solution hose,,,,i see the screw holes for a couple more

I'm freakin excited with my new toys

the judson juice seems to work great too

John Watson

did my living room and hooked up the kero heater in my van (man I love the sound of that thing booming in the background "Need some splaining here!!!!!

Mr.V

I've got a flow fired kero heater,,,,,,run a hose to the van and back to the house

kero burners make a cool sounding boom noise when they fire

that make sense?

John Watson

So you are using a different heat source for your M-5, The green one usaly plays with gas.. Know how they sound, Know personaly how white flame burns and shore looks kneet at 20 below..

Mr.V

yeah I went outta biz a couple years ago (had 2 TM's) and I kept my kero heater

the M-5 has enough flow to make her fire (thank goodness)

Greenie

Glad all is well. g'head mount it in the van with that Kero burner, she'll pull 125' of hose with that GH wand, and the auto fill, auto dump makes life manageable.

I'll send up some more hose hangers for the perimeter.

John Watson

Get us some photos, I know Erine G has been wanting to look at the Greeniestien machine..

BTW Do you know Cress and Maryilyn Farrow in Smithers??? and I believe I have met you and your wife haven't I???

Greenie

There are three of these out there, It was designed to be a $2990 porty that would put $5000 porties to task.

Here is a quick shot:

DSC02776.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02785.jpg

Greenie

You already know it has the 600psi high flow pump, and is set up to run 2" vac hose, and auto fill, auto pump out. 15 gal tanks, although it's surprisingly not that heavy for such a big machine.

Here are some gut shots, notice both of the 2" stacks in the waste tank for maximum airflow.

DSC02786.jpg

DSC02787.jpg

DSC02788.jpg

DSC02790.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02782.jpg

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Very Nice. I agree you would have no problem going 125 ft, even 150ft if you turn down the psi to 300-350.

Greenie, how do those new 5.7" vac motors compare performance wise to the 7.2" 117500-13?

Supersucker

Looks like the dual stacks will help the CFM. How many " will they pull?

What about that rumor of a Mytee quad vac?

Name
John LaBarbera
That unit has 230 CFM. Our quad vac (we built one) has 200 cfm and 180" H2O but only a 150 psi pump because of the amp draw. The GG M5, I like much better. It's an animal.

Supersucker

In thinking about a high-performance porty, I assumed it would take more than 2 cords, at least to go to 9 flow or better.
If you used quad vacs & pumpout and kept the machine close to the wand 50-100', you could set up a water otter in the janitor's closet hooked to the hot water supply with an inline electric or propane heater.
Carry 100' of vac hose and 200' pressure line, setup would be a bit more but productivity would increase as well.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Supersucker,

I agree, we put a flow thru hose on our prototype so Mytee's 1200 psi Water Hog could be connected like you described. Now, that rocks on carpet or tile.

Ashley,

11" hg on the M5, 13"hg on the Quad. I still prefer the GG M5 with the extra CFM.

Greenie

Supersucker said:
In thinking about a high-performance porty, I assumed it would take more than 2 cords, at least to go to 9 flow or better.

13 amps start up one cord, 16 amps on the other.

All the GGM5 were built to support a Greenhorn wand, or similar, so they flow 08 (12") or 010 (14"), they unit has no problem recovering the flow.

If you used quad vacs & pumpout and kept the machine close to the wand 50-100', you could set up a water otter in the janitor's closet hooked to the hot water supply with an inline electric or propane heater.

Short of tile cleaning at 800-1000 psi, the GGM5 pump will do everything you ask of it for carpet, no need for the separate pump, I'd save the money and hassle, plus it has APO and auto fill, so don't be afraid to run some hose.

Although anybody "starting out" would be delighted with this machine, and it would be a good investment, I set out to make a machine for the lion's share of our customers, TM guys who require a portable from time to time, it will run all TM hoses and tools, so you just buy the machine, not a "package" of misc. stuff you really don't want.

Greenie

I could put 7.2" vacs in it, but it would be super tight, notice the arangement, it's clean, easy to service, you can trace every wire and hose easily, it breathes well, plus the CFM and LIFT numbers aren't much different on those 7.2 motors, but they cost a lot more, so I'd have to wack on another $300....just not worth the trouble, this thing kicks as it is.

Mr.V

well all I can say after cleaning with it all day is

I have no problem being a POG :lol:

tried out the Mytee hot box on the last job and you know it really isn't too bad of a heater once I figured out how to make er give me some heat,,,,,,,not screamin hot but good enough

at the end of the job (last room) I disconnected the pumpout and filled it with 5 gallons of water

when I dumped it I filled a 5 gallon bucket

I'd say well over 90% recovery easy

I'm using a 2' Greenhorn wand with 4 #2 jets which I thought might be an issue before getting it but it really isn't an issue at all

I'm freakin thrilled with this thing

I'll try out 100 ft. of hose tomorrow but my money says it will handle it NO PROBLEM

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I feel like I too helped to liberate this man from the black hole of Steamwaydom and Cleancoitis. It started off with my Vorninja....(500 PSI General pump, 4 two stage vacs)... And now a POG is born!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Terry;

Here is a number for you....

AIR WATTS

It is the measurement for the combination of Lift & CFM.

I do question some of the Pump numbers.

We use the same PumpTec pump and a motor that looks to be identical to our Hi-Perf extractor.

I do like the performance of that Pump-Motor combo.

With a total of #8 jets, I would question the 600 PSI spec.

That is just more than the pump motor can deliver reliably.

Larry

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i see in the pic,s it has 2 cup holders....can you get it with a cigarette lighter and ashtray aswell...this would be handy for me....

nice one

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm going to play devil's advocate here too. I have the same pumptec pump and with 2 - 03 jets, the pressure would drop 200 -250 PSI. I stuck on 02's and got better impact and longer heat times with my heatrite.
Can the machine be built with a General or a Hypro pump? My old Vorninja had a Leeson motor, a General pump and 2 vacs in the ninja cavity on 2 cords. I had another dual vac booster and the machine ROCKED. Mr V operated it and was quite impressed. I know someone is going to trot out the amp draw, but throw in another cord and Bob's your uncle.

Maybe it's time for the WillyBeast to come on line......

Mr.V

the psi drops to about 350-400 which is what I've always run at on cut pile anyways

I'm with Greenie that flow is more important than pressure

and yes Willy I was much less hesitant to go POG after running your pimped out Ninja :mrgreen:

People can try and poop on my parade all they want,,,,this machine works awesome and I'm thrilled with it

now I gotta go clean some carpet

Name
John LaBarbera
cu said:
i see in the pic,s it has 2 cup holders....can you get it with a cigarette lighter and ashtray aswell...this would be handy for me....

nhttp://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/posti ... 232731#ice one

We at Mytee try to discourage such an unhealthy practice, however, we do have a little tray for LifeSavers or other candy that might be helpful.

I can't speak to the 600 psi. The pump has a 160 cam and a high efficiency 1/2 hp motor, we put a black spring in the unloader and maintain 375 psi with an 06 jet (dual 03's)

I'm curious about the comments concerning a General other pump in a porty? is it better? would the weight be the same? do you think there is room? would it make it better or just different?

John

Willy P

Name
Willy P
[/quote]

I'm curious about the comments concerning a General other pump in a porty? is it better? would the weight be the same? do you think there is room? would it make it better or just different?

John[/quote]

As long as you changed the oil, they ran forever. I got 6 years out of the first one, John, I don't know if any of this rings a bell or not, but the man who built these was a Mel Pelini and was under Pumps And Power or Interclean. He was converting Mytee's instead of Ninjas in the last few years as well as building PTO's and electric TM's. Sadly, he passed away. Mel was a genius and a good friend.

BTW - it was 135 pounds dry weight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom