Green Glides M-5 Mytee

Mr.V

well I just tried her out at 100 feet away from the machine :D

didn't seem much different than 50 really

it was a friends house so he's gonna let me know how long before his carpet is sock dry

I was using the kero heater @220 degrees (wasn't all that dirty) but it didn't feel any wetter than the other jobs I've done

throw in an airpath or do some padding and I think my dry times will be spectacular

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John;

Here is a picture of a General 2.2 GPM @ 800 PSI pump in a Ninja:
800nin.jpg

It was for Carpet or Grout Cleaning.

Larry

Name
John LaBarbera
Thanks Larry and Willy,

That was very informative. I learn something everyday. This was great. Thanks.

John

Mr.V

curious Larry

do you have to open that machine up (in the pic) to adjust the pressure????

Greenie

I'll bet that cavity was hot as hell, when those ninja vac motors set down it looks cramped, were they just 2 stage vacs?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Larry Cobb said:
John;

Here is a picture of a General 2.2 GPM @ 800 PSI pump in a Ninja:

It was for Carpet or Grout Cleaning.

Larry
Larry did you have to mount the assembly on a steel plate? I'm going to take some pics of my old beast, fire singed as it is with the dual vac head.
Here's a picture of the Ninja vac booster setup. Quad 2 stages, both in series to the lonely standpipe. AWESOME vac.
boosterBox05.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
BTW- Any of you manufacturers need some fresh ideas from a long term POG, sign me up. I envision a porty that will kick serious a$$!

Mikey we need a POG room.

Greenie

Just post that stuff in the High Performance room, pimping Portys is just a cool as TMs.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

It had two 2-stage vacs and a cooling fan for maintaining the components.

No metal plate, Willy, but we did use large SS fender washers underneath the pump motor.

Larry

enviropure

What about those vac motors that Powr-Flite uses, they pull heat from the motor?
Are those proprietary and what are the AIR-WATTS on them?
Eric

Greenie

You talking about that copper they wrap around the vac motors?
I don't think I would do that.

ErikG

I have the Power Flight Black MaX and that system is called perfect heat , copper wrapped around vac motors. I have smoke with heaters on and the perfect heat.

John Watson

ErikG, I don't understand what you are trying to say, Please try again, I will turn up my hearing aid..... I hope you are not taking a ciggarette break...

Mr.V

3 1/2-4 hrs roughly,,, my buddy said his carpets were dry when I used 100 ft.

no fans,,nuttin,,,,not even an open window

it's about 0 degrees celcius up here

pretty darn good IMO

better than I expected for sure

I love this M-5

thank you Greenie & Mytee

G

Sounds like a nice porty; love mine; people razz about th Recoils XPS; but just don't know the profitability of owning one. Knowing how to employ it is the trick; You guys seem to have a good thing going John & Greenie; Don't let anyone talk your porty down dude; Mine is a work horse.

Greenie

And many said 100' on a porty was nuts.

I say 150' is pushin your luck and going to show a reduction in recovery for sure.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the only thing I don't like about it is that it has the same problem as just about every other portable, except the cheyenne.
IF there is ever a problem, you need to dump both the recovery AND the solution tanks in order to get at the mechanics. I ran an old Ninja when I first started cleaning for The Bay and a switch would go, or a vac motor would stop, or the pump would start to leak or need adjustment, and I would notice it just after filling the water tank! What a pain to empty!!

Need to be able to just drain the recovery tank, flip it up and there is all the mechanics.
Porties might come with different guts but the best design I've ever seen, still, is the cheyenne.

Greenie

Good point Ron.
But that ain't no Cheyenne, that is a large chassis, with big components that aren't crowded, I don't think we could do the same with a partial access machine.

Greenie

Fresh water drain?
no. you would have to first suck it into the waste tank....so hopefully BOTH vac motors didn't crap out u.

To be fair, you would have to balance the real world reliability against the chance and frequency of a component failure, dumping the tank isn't that big of a deal once a year. If it happened once a month, I'd be looking at a refund.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
its no big deal if I can dump it outside, but when I'm on the 10th floor, takes a tad new meaning.
I guess if one makes sure everything is working properly, then it never becomes an issue. Its half way through a job and you notice a puddle of water under the machine and you think " Holy Crap, where's that coming from!?"
I think both vac motors only crapped on me once. But then I was using an old POS Ninja that had been used by who knows how many different guys before me and they would beat the crap out of it doing $39 2rms-hall.

Name
Eric Valentine
I run 65 feet with my porty. Prochem Cheyenne w/dual 2-stage in series. The first 50 feet is 2" truckmount hose, and then a 15" tapered hose to a 1.5" aw29 glided wand. I can hear the end of the wand from 20 feet away while standing by the porty with both vacs running. I can only imagine having 230 or so CFM and a pump out

R

rotovacguy

Greenie said:
And many said 100' on a porty was nuts.

I say 150' is pushin your luck and going to show a reduction in recovery for sure.

Hey Greenie,

What if Mr.V were to put a 3 stage motor on top of the waste tank.....150 feet would probably be feasible, what do you think?

I'm sure there would be times when the amp draw would be a bit much, but if he were at a location that had access to a 220 outlet, be it an electric dryer or range, and he had the necessary adapters, he would only need one separate outlet.

I've been contemplating getting one of those. The nice thing about them is they are separate from the machine, so the machine is lighter and easier to move around. Plus, on locations that don't have enough power, just leave it in the truck. If they have the power, just screw that baby on top.

I never run hose lengths that long, but the extra power sure doesn't hurt the dry times.

Greenie

Although the additional CFM would be helpful, on looong hose runs, the Lift comes into play. I do the vac on the lid for units that have lower cfm in the first place, it's perfect for single cord machines.

One of the points in keeping the M5 to just two cords and one of which is only 13amps, was to be able to run it anywhere.

If you wanted to get into 220 and converters and such, you could do lots of things, but the M5 packs a lot of power in the punch, and gives TM guys performance that they are not going to be embarrassed over once they have established a standard with their custies.

Mr.V

should almost take pics of it next to a Ninja so people can see how much bigger it really is

50-100 ft. is NO PROBLEM with this machine

I mostly run 50 ft. though (it's all I usually need)

I've always been a TM guy.........and Greenie is right ,,,,it's nice knowing that your machine has plenty of jam to get the job done properly

you guys will have to excuse me I'm still pretty excited about having this thing

DRScrivner

So Greenie- what does the whole enchilada with a Greenhorn run?

And do you take Olympus trade ins? (Joking- on the trade in).

Name
Bill Soukoreff
ErikG said:
How many vac units does that m5 have????

You got to learn to read the post before posting another redundant question.

Sorry Erik, I thought since you used the term vac units you knew how to calculate them from the info in the post.

It would be a little over 34,000 vac units. Here is the formula:

Lift (in inches) x CFM = Total Vac Units

To convert lift in hg to inches:

11hg x 13.5 = 148.5"

But, as Odin said, the numbers don't mean anything if the machine is not plumbed good right through the machine to the wand and right to carpet fiber interface. The wand itself make a huge difference.

Greenie

Well the machine by it's self is $2990 currently.
A Greenhorn Light is $499, a full high heat, high pressure 12" GH is $699.
You will need hoses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom