GreenGlides Aluminum Hi-Perf Hose Fittings

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
When Jeff and I were together we sold these. Joiners, reducers, wye's for both 2" and 2.5" hose. Thin walled, hard anodized aluminum.

When we split the biz in 2009, Jeff took that part of the business. It now seems Jeff may be permanently out of the industry and I am considering bringing these back into production.

Is there enough interest to bother investing into tooling up and making them again?

Take care,
Lisa

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've used the alum. waste tank elbows on 2 truckmounts now and really like them. I doubt I would use the connectors as I've gotten pretty used to locking cuffs.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
When Jeff and I were together we sold these. Joiners, reducers, wye's for both 2" and 2.5" hose. Thin walled, hard anodized aluminum.

When we split the biz in 2009, Jeff took that part of the business. It now seems Jeff may be permanently out of the industry and I am considering bringing these back into production.

Is there enough interest to bother investing into tooling up and making them again?

Take care,
Lisa

What is Greenie going to do?

I am definitely interested in some of those fittings. Right now I would buy a 2.5" smooth elbow coming off the waste tank to eliminate the two 2" 90degree plastic elbows.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've got many 2.5 couplers, a 2x2x2 wye, and a 2.5x2x2 wye. Oh, and I also have the 2.5 smooth flow elbows into the waste tank.....nice. They never wear out, so who's to know if anyone will need them. The tank lid elbows will always be needed.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I've got many 2.5 couplers, a 2x2x2 wye, and a 2.5x2x2 wye. Oh, and I also have the 2.5 smooth flow elbows into the waste tank.....nice. They never wear out, so who's to know if anyone will need them. The tank lid elbows will always be needed.

I have the exact same pieces except the big 2.5" waste tank elbow.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I could use a 2X2X2 Y. I think there would be a good market if you were to bring them back...

Mikey P

Administrator
How about a ready for action titanium wand too?

PC ti
Glide
Soft touch trigger
Proper jetting
Check valves
Mytee handle

All for $________(less than it would cost to do yourself)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Bond holders thought they had leverage with Argentina too.

I think dealing with Bristor may be like calling in dept from Chavez.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
For a short period of time Greenie had this industry by the balls..

Now that he is completely out its time to grab a good hold again and start running.

You have every thing it would take to rule the online contingency of carpet cleaners.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
How about a ready for action titanium wand too?

PC ti
Glide
Soft touch trigger
Proper jetting
Check valves
Mytee handle

All for $________(less than it would cost to do yourself)

Even though I'm a Ti wand guy bringing back the Greenhorn wouldn't be a bad thing either as far as a cheaper version...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You could fill a bathtub with the water the Greenhorn sprayed off both sides of the glide.

I guess, slightly changing the jet's angle and using a narrower angled jets at the ends, may have been out of your comfort level.
Or did you not know that there are other ways to fill your bath tub?

hogjowl

Idiot™
You really shouldn't be assuming anything Ofer. My experiences with attempting to solve this problem have been extensive. And my discussions with various different people over the years about it have been well documented on this forum. Jet sizes and angles, wand shields and side notches have all been attempted. Nothing has solved it.

And those of you who say you don't have the problem with your wands are mistaken. You are just not focused enough, attentive enough, or bright enough to recognize it.

I definately IS a problem, but not one that most cleaners notice and not one that most mfgs want to try to solve. Greenie was the only guy who agreed that it was a valid occurance and attempted to solve it.

I used to think it was caused by the additional height of the jets, caused by the adding of the glide, but putting extenders on the jets, or changing the width of the spray pattern didn't affect it. Since Lisa started making flat bottomed glides with a side slot, I wonder if that didn't stop it, but I have long since stopped using the Greenhorn and so I can't tell.

I do know that my current wand with a flat bottomed glide on it doesn't overspray much.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry, Marty.
I am sure that you tried and I know for a fact that you care greatly about your work and pay much attention to the tools you use.

On the other hand I do have a green horn and a rip off greenhorn by Bristor (sold to me as a green horn) and neither have an over spray problem.
By the way, Jeff's Green Horn is far superior to Bristor's knock off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom