Guys with vehicle wraps...

Do you notice a substantial increase in calls as a result of the wrap versus conventional vehicle lettering?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
one thing to remember is not everyones wrap looks that great, many carpet cleaners are not marketing people and don't look for any advice, the biggest mistake is the name of the business, IMO this should be something that people are apt to remember, another mistake is trying to say too much, there is a guy in my area that has a truck that is covered in writing, its literally like reading a news paper, I have seen the truck a few times I am a carpet cleaner so I am interested in what it says and I still can't tell you what the thing says, or even the name of his company,real effective that is. I like dramatic scenes for wraps, adam hale has a nice one, a company around here named waterfalls has a nice one too, the vortex site has a few good ones. so just because its wraped don't necessarily mean anything

VAN WRAPS

I think having a Van Wrap is Key.
When you roll up to a Water Restoration job at 2 am there is no question that you are the Flood Guy.
I have had so many people call in and say I saw your truck on my street the other day and wrote down the number...when can you come clean my house. In most cases they do not even ask me the price.
Having a nice professional wrap on your truck is really important in my eyes.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
They have been working for me and my brother Dave. We do get a lot of comments that they saw the vans and remembered them. I also do believe your lettering has to be able to stand out and be seen from a great distance. I also want them to be able to simply read what it is we do and see our phone numbers. My other job has also been a band director for over 24 years and designing marching band field shows, you have to see what needs to been seen from a long distance and in a very quick time.

RandyHilburn

I make a point to drive a wrap home and park it out front every night. In fact, I drive one most of the time. We spent the money to buy 'em, so we do what's necessary to keep them in front of the public.

It's really hard to say how much direct business comes as a result of our wraps. It's not unusual for someone to see our van and approach us for a price quote and a business card, but the frequency that they actually call and schedule an appointment is probably 1 in 5 (just guessing).

Our advertising approach begins with cable television spots to mass sell our brand, post cards are our 'personal invitations' and usually include a 'call to action' type of offer. Our wrapped vans carry the 'same look' to the clients front drive, while a uniformed, logoed shirt employee goes to the door. It's a layered approach and no single segment is expected to drive our results. Wraps are just one slice of the pie.

Reactions: Newman

Gordon Skjerseth

Supportive Member
Name
Gordon Skjerseth
Where can we see carpet cleaner wraps? Just bought a ford transit connect and would love a super wrap !

Any leads would be appreciated .

I don't check here often ....please email me at danmarck82@bis.midco.net

Thanks , Gordon

FredC

Village Idiot
Gordon,

Check back more often...especially now that you are a supporting member (Thanks).

Reactions: Chris A

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It's just one piece of the pie. I have incorporated the wrap into most of my marketing and it helps to ad credibility visibility and consistency. My name is very large and can be read from 1/2 a block away. I do get calls while I'm driving from people behind me several. My plates saying- "Call me" right above the phone number doesn't hurt either.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've got Wayne Miller working on a wrap right now for our Transits right now. We made it difficult on him and wanted one side Water, one side Fire and the rear carpet cleaning. It's still in the works and when we get it finished I'll post it here.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Lets break the costs down into Lifetime, yearly, Monthly, daily. Lets face it marketing pieces should be designed to draw some emotion out at least subtle from the consumer. Beer commercials do this by sex. The hot chick wearing a bikini drinking coors light (does that ever really happen?). Anyways carpet cleaners would most likely draw emotion by using healthy happy families. This is usually done by putting a picture on the van of some sort. Babies, kids, pets, smiling woman. These pictures will be a subconscious representation that you can provide a healthier and happier family by using your service. It will be more effective than lettering alone.

Now back to breaking it down. The cost for a wrap around here is about $2,500 with a 5 year life expectancy. That breaks down to costing $500 a year or a little over $40 per month or $2 per day.

Cpm, cost per thousand people seeing your van. How many people are going to see it every day? When you break it down to cpm this is a very cheap form of advertising and marketing. Not only that but the cost of the wrap is actually less per day. You would most likely have to get something on the van so the wrap is just the additional cost of whatever you could get (simple lettering)

I actually think it is such a good form of marketing I encourage my techs to drive the van anytime they want and I will cover the gas. If they want to go to the grocery store and park it there for half hour and shop go ahead. Liqueur store, bars, strip clubs are not acceptable though

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes we do, we use one of these. Takes them off like a hot knife through butter!

2013-01-05_10-57-54_908_zpsb47d97d7.jpg

Mike Draper

Our wrap has been on for 18 months. I track every new client. We've grossed a little over 4k off our wrap in that time from first time custy's.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What are you expecting life wise from your wrap Mike? I have the vinyl on one of the Prius's thats really fade noticeably in just 4-years. They sit outside more than our carpet vans but I am concerned about wrapping our Transits now.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm just going to accept that and go with Richard's breakdown of $2.00 a day. I wish it lasted longer but then I wish a lot of things lasted longer.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
View attachment 1390
I am getting this wrap done. I have had the lettering but like the wraps a lot. I know a guy with one truck that is wrapped and you would think he has more because you notice all over town.
If you are going with a wrap you might as well go with some full color to grab some attention. Looks a bit plain to me (Color wise ) although too busy can be a problem with wraps too.

Name
Scott
I really liked the blue a lot and wanted something really clean and still have the name pop. Our business cards have these colors, along with the machine being blue, equipment etc. We are trying to go with a uniform look. My pickup is also blue so I figured it might be a cheaper way for me to just throw some lettering on there instead of wrapping that vehicle as well. I think this way the name stands out more on this wrap then having a bunch of colors and finding the name through all that. Im just hoping this wrap pays off for me. I think it will. Slower times of the year I will be sticking it out in parking lots around grocery stores, malls, etc with our business card holders on it.

Back
Top Bottom