Hats or No Hats?

Becker

Name
Becker
I know what dribble dog would say, wear a hat cover your bald spot. However he sez hell no to shorts.

What say you?

I'm all about shorts. I see no problem with it. Clean professional looking shorts.

What say you on company hats?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Becker said:
I know what dribble dog would say, wear a hat cover your bald spot. However he sez hell no to shorts.

What say you?

I'm all about shorts. I see no problem with it. Clean professional looking shorts.

What say you on company hats?

Shorts....absolutely. Hats?? There ain't one big enough to cover my bald spot......but I still wear them.

Becker

Name
Becker
FredC said:
no hats indoors

That has always been my thoughts.

My new guy in Spokane made a request for hats to be made. I told him the policy has always been no hats.
That said, I've seen plenty of service guys in hats. Coit just one.

So looking for a Consensus..

Becker

Name
Becker
I recall my old days in Spokane in the summers, cleaning vacant rentals shirtless. And still dying.. Not sure how you guys in hot humid climates do it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Uniform shirt with cotton tees under, even when it's 110 degrees. Go thru several shirts a day.

Thank God for air-conditioned vans.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Becker said:
I recall my old days in Spokane in the summers, cleaning vacant rentals shirtless. And still dying.. Not sure how you guys in hot humid climates do it.

Shirtless?? Never! I started out working with an older Mexican family member that would take his shirt off on custy jobs! Then he would talk about the "Broad' we were working for, within earshot of said "Broad".

Embarrassing.

Becker

Name
Becker
Lee Stockwell said:
Uniform shirt with cotton tees under, even when it's 110 degrees. Go thru several shirts a day.

Thank God for air-conditioned vans.

You wear 2 shirts?

Becker

Name
Becker
rwcarpet said:
Becker said:

Shirtless?? Never! I started out working with an older Mexican family member that would take his shirt off on custy jobs! Then he would talk about the "Broad' we were working for, within earshot of said "Broad".

Embarrassing.

The Broad... LOL

Yeah what was back when I was like 18 19 or so..
Vacant rentals, meaning for a property management co.. I'd put my shirt back on to head to the van.. Oh and this was back in the days of no AC for me.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My son Jason felt it was uncool to not wear a teeshirt under, and since he's more of a GQ guy than I, I got used to it.

It's actually cooler and more comfortable.

FredC

Village Idiot
much cooler and more comfortable with a tee underneath

and like Lee said keeps the outer shirt looking better

Becker

Name
Becker
I tried an undershirt once.. lasted 30 mins into the 1st job..

Polo and polo alone.

In the winter an undershirt is nice.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have to wash any shirt before I can wear it. Sounds like your issue as well.

so... did you get used to bvds, or did you ditch them too?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, there is no way it's cooler with a t-shirt under a polo..!! WTF REALLY?!!? It probably does help with the sweat soaked shirts, but when I work my guys I'm not preparing them for a weigh in.. I personally see nothing wrong with hats in 2012.. lol

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
talking about the true northern??? like Alaska?? Lol,,i start over heating when it gets close to 70 out,,,have the AC unit going in home ALOT!

have no problem with hats,,as long as its a company hat.

lance

I wear 100% cotton t-shirts from Costco everyday, and have been for the last twenty years. Cotton only dries when it is very dry outside......my t-shirts dry very fast in las vegas.

When cotton gets wet it stays wet. Especially if you have another shirt on top.....now if the outer shirt is polyester and itchy, then a t-shirt underneath does feel better than not having one.

The best solution is a coolmax type of shirt. It is polyester but very soft and wicks the sweat form the inside out which makes it dry faster and stay drier longer. There are three or four different types of thread that can do the same thing. The name depends on the manufacturer of the shirt.

I like coolmax because it doesn't itch and it has been around a long time. You can get t-shirts (short and long sleeve) and polo shirts. There isn't a reason not to have one of these during any warm/hot weather cleaning. Put a clean one on at every job. They are easy to wash and hold their color well.

The only downside compared to a cotton/poly shirt is that these might not last as long. But there is nothing better than to be dry (cooling by evaporation) on a hot day rather than soaking wet.

Here is one place that sells them ......http://coolclothingusa.com/

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Depends on the hat. A Homburg would require a tie and looks goofy with an embroidered logo, an Elmer Fudd hunting cap or Ice-T skull cap would depend on your hood. I'm a fan of the green plastic ones you can only get in March.

John Watson

I wear a Stetson, except when cleaning, I then wherea baseball style hat. I sweat like a stuck PIG and have to change and wash them on a regular basis. Now I no longer clean its just me an my stetson. I was at the storage locker today and found my "Common Sense Hat" Damn thing was moldy..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
[quote="The Great Oz" I'm a fan of the green plastic ones you can only get in March.[/quote]

Gotta agree with another Great Oz.

I'm old school, as are a lot of my customers.

They expect a man in their home to act and behave like a gentleman, hence no hats.

I do have a green and gold baseball cap with my logo on it that I give to clients, but I still never wear one of these when I approach or enter their residence or business.

I do believe in good manners and that will never change with the times.

Shorty.

PS::: I also have what you would probably call a cowboy hat that I wear one hell of a lot in our blistering heat and sunshine down under.

PPS:: Young Elwood posted whilst I was composing, STETSON is the word..... :oops:

although mine is a rabbit skin AKUBRA shiteatinggrin hey Marty, blow me

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Hat....no hat.....people don't care...

I have wore a hat with my company name and logo on it since I started and never have been judged by it.....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Jim- most times people judge they never tell the person. We are all making judgements all day long, good or bad.

We provide pants, shirts, hats, zippered hoodies, sweatshirts and jackets all logo'd excepts for pants/shorts.

I too always liked to wear a tshirt underneath my uniform shirt- just felt more comfy :-)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I like hats better that tats.

My guys wears a company ball type hat and it looks good on him.

I have very nice looking Nike uniforms.

Around here you see cleaners with no uniforms or just wearing t-shirts for the most.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lets not over look the obvious...If I walked into someones house looking like a homeless person..then yes..I would be judged....

but if I walk in with a nice clean uniform....with or with out a hat would not make any difference....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Stocking caps in the winter, uniform all the same color. The rest of the year no hats. Too hard to police before you know it I have some dumbass wearing it backwards or tilted back or to the side or down. It's just easier NO hats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom