Heat transfer method

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Keep product in a cool ,ace and make sure it's not old. Also towel should only be damp, not soaking. Depends on what your using and what the spot is also. Organic or synthetic?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you are talking about red removal it is only for synthetic stains.

Don't mix the product and it will last longer. Just put a spray nozzle into each bottle.

If you use a steamer (instead of an iron) no towel is needed.

It really is not transferring the stain.

(Even if some is going into the towel)

The spot is made invisible to the eye by a chemical process that is accelerated by heat.

You can still find B&D steamers/strippers on E-bay even though they quit making them in the 80s

Here is one from the UK : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-and-Decke ... 4ab7dba177

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
if your question was how long do you keep trying to iron out a spot..

i use white towels and as long as i am getting transfer i keep up the process..once the

towel comes up solid white i am done because the spot is gone or not responding anymore..

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Larry, I have two questions about that steamer. Does it take as long to heat up as one of the wallpaper ones and how come they are so expensive? I use a Wagner power steamer basicly the same thing only around $50. But I think yours looks more professional, it's not something a customer would see in a home improvement store.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Royal Man said:
If you are talking about red removal it is only for synthetic stains.

Don't mix the product and it will last longer. Just put a spray nozzle into each bottle.

If you use a steamer (instead of an iron) no towel is needed.

It really is not transferring the stain.

(Even if some is going into the towel)

The spot is made invisible to the eye by a chemical process that is accelerated by heat.

You can still find B&D steamers/strippers on E-bay even though they quit making them in the 80s

Here is one from the UK : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-and-Decke ... 4ab7dba177

here ya go this works to...i know i bought one... dont have go back to the 80s
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... reId=10051

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Larry, SORRY, :oops: :oops: :oops: I was not aware that you carried those.

Bobby, from cold start to using it is very quick, probably about thirty seconds, after that, a matter of seconds from flicking the switch.

ONLY problem I have with mine is the size & weight of the converter I need to carry around due to the 110/220 volt difference.

Because of the weight and size, I have it in a milk crate on a collapsible trolley that I wheel into each job.

The steamer sits in a smaller plastic box on top of the converter, still within the confines of the milk crate.

I use a towel when doing heat transfer, BUT only to cool the fibers after each steam application, not during the actual steam process.

Shorty.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Those steamers look really cool. Seems like a much easier and more professional looking way to do it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What Dave Gill said

if I'm not getting ANY improvement within the first 20-30 seconds with iron and towel ...there's no reason to continue.
cause it ain't gonna budge

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have had luck with running vinegar through them.

It is very important to use distilled water in them for trouble free operation.

A buck a gallon.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Able 1 said:
Royal Man":2leo8a5p]For those of you that are still using a freaking old fashioned iron First one gets it. Buy it now $69.95 [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-and-Decker-SteamWorks-Wallpaper-Stripper-/310401949161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484565dde9 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-and-Decke ... 484565dde9[/url]

SOLD... Is there any way to fix them when you run regular water through them?[/quote:2leo8a5p]

No need to worry about that if you use the one I posted.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yup they are awesome....same as the one i posted from HD....

then you can hit multiple spots, and leave it in one place

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
floorguy said:
yup they are awesome....same as the one i posted from HD....

then you can hit multiple spots, and leave it in one place

I used to hate food dye spots until I started using this method. The best thing about it is you can apply the remove cover it with the plastic dome, and let it set a minute while you continue cleaning. Anyone who tries this method will thank me later :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom