Help from Vortex owners

TimP

Probably zero maintanance done on that V before you bought it, Marty. Could be looking at a money pit.

I hope you get it all worked out though....I hope you took it to a shop to look at before you bought it is what I think I'm trying to say.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Man, I feel for you, nothing like going out and spending a bunch of money and then having problems.

A few years back I bought a Butler in a box off JD's website, truck was everything pictured but because it was so far away, I had an ICS board poster check it out. He called me and said the thing was like new and if he could afford it he would buy it.

Get the unit home and I get very low water pressure, they had been filling the fresh water tank up with well water and sediment was in the filters and heat exchangers. With no warranty I was really starting to get buyers remorse.

Took a few hundred to get it all cleaned out and back up and running. Today it's just a bad memory, the units great!

Once you get your unit up and running you're have a smile on that ugly mug of yours! :p

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
OK here is what you need to try......

unplug the high level float switch ..make a jumper and sick in the plug connector on the 2 wires you said were hot...( on the plug side not the float side )

open your panel and on the wire bar you will see the numbers 4 5 6 6 6 7 8 9 11 12
put a jumper between the first #6 and the # 7..this will by-pass the second relay and most the crap on the panel....

TURN THE TRUCK ON..don't set the emg. brake and turn off the exhaust break.....hit the switch and run like hell and let me know what happens......

If the machine does not start after doing this....I just do not know where else to send you....I have been racking my brain on this for the last 4 days taking mine apart and looking to see what I could find and everything kept sending me right back to the valve......

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ted's already had me do all of that, but not at the same time. I'll try it tomorrow.

I'm at the point that I might as well just take it to a shop that works on PTO's and see if that's what it is.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Never mind. Now I remember. LOL!! Ouch!!

I would lay big odds even Mikey doesn't know about this. Anyone??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have seen solenoids go out and still make the clicking noise......the magnet will energize but the valve on the inside would be stuck or broken....

Shawn..in the book in the chapter on the PTO there is a drawing that indicates there is a pressure switch that is on the pressure line going into the PTO....do you know where it is....I have crawled under mine and looked for it and I can't locate it....If you are thinking that it could be a pressure problem, could this switch went out or when he got the Transmission serviced and the pressure back up it may not want to reset itself......

PTO.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
You know, now that I think about it, I did experience a problem prior to all this happening that could indicate a pressure problem. Shortly before this happened, I had one or two occasions where I would hit the button and nothing would happen, or it would engage but after a short pause. Pressure switch or pto problem, either way, I think it's time to find a repair place.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
marty we have been runnin ptos on class 8 trucks for ever
not sure where u are at but if there is a tanker repair faclity close by
go there we use chelsa and muncie units in liquid transport bus these are bullet proof.
pto its self 5 or 6 hundred bucks so not the end of the world.
always look under there make sure seal does not leak between pto and trans
only prob we see from these.Loose all the trans fluid and trans failure.
But if you can find a tanker repair place they do this kind of work alot.
or a truck repair that does alot of dump truck work but their labor rate is goin to be a lot more.
good luck rd

hogjowl

Idiot™
A tanker repair facility? I assume you're talking about tanker trucks?

What about some old dude who's a wizzard at fixing pto's in the farming industry? I've got a couple of dudes I know of who do this around here, but I don't want to overwhelm them if my set-up is significantly more complicated than your normal farm tractor or dump truck.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
yes tanker trucks
normally at a tanks wash there is a shop close by
they will be cheaper than atruck repair shop
dump trucks use these pto s also

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
marty call these guys see if they do pto work i bet they do\
334-288-0157 6415 selma highway
no tanks washs in your area that i can find or know of
hope this helps rd

hogjowl

Idiot™
I took it to a pto shop this afternoon. They were very confident that they could fix it, over the phone, since "a pto is a pto."

Once they saw it, they said they'd call me if they couldn't fix it.

gasaxe

it s amazing to me how many mechanic sheds get stage fright when a carpet cleaning rig shows up.
I find i have to know more about whats going on with the rig and kinda hold their hand for a bit to get some of em to work on stuff.

G

"I have seen many slide-in lemons" I think your self respect just went out the freaken window.
Salesman.

PS-did you give everybody a new tank yet?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
gasaxe said:
????????????????????????????????

It's very distressing to have such a magnificent machine in repair for so long. My WM died on Thursday and had to be towed in. My back-up van had no brakes so I cancelled all my Fri. jobs. $960 for a new fuel pump on the 03 Express, but they did the repair and I was able to work today. I hope they fix Marty's truck soon.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks Art.

It's fixed now. It was the pto. Had it rebuilt and I got it back late yesterday afternoon.

Thanks to Jim Martin, Shawn York and Mikey for all your help during this. I think Jim and Shawn worried about this more than I did.

charlie brown

Marty, I hope it's a loose wire on the PTO switch or a faulty PTO switch. Both can make the machine shut down but not the engine. CB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom