help me rename this room. .

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
X2 Fred...both with the suggestion and how Ken's humble nature would react to it.

Use his name in it Mike.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The Ken Snow Business Building Cubbyhole

The first part is serious with his name and what the room contains but then in MB fashion the “cubbyhole” can be a quick reference.

Such as " did you search the business Cubbyhole yet?” While the the official room title bears Ken's name in honor.

????

FredC

Village Idiot
I would say "dedicated to the memory of Ken Snow" or similar in the description rather than changing the name. Maybe with a link to a memorial page......

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Ken Snow's Let's Talk Business Room!

Lets have a permanent sticky at the top of the page with a Bio of Kens professional career.

Then below let's create a list of "50 things Ken would want you to know" from his old posts.
This can be great place for new and old to go back to place a measuring stick up against how we are managing our business.

Then maybe a section "The stuff I learned from Ken Snow" where we give a one to two sentence statement of things he taught us in all those private phone calls he was so generous in having with us all.

How about we start a Ken Snow memorial business Award.
It could be a purple fanny pack.
This could be presented each year at the Fest to the board member who has taken his or her business to a new level.
We could then make it a tradition that the recipient makes a monetary gift to their local animal shelter in Kens Name.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Bob?

Ken Snow's Let's Talk Business Room!

Lets have a permanent sticky at the top of the page with a Bio of Kens professional career.

Then below let's create a list of "50 things Ken would want you to know" from his old posts.
This can be great place for new and old to go back to place a measuring stick up against how we are managing our business.

Then maybe a section "The stuff I learned from Ken Snow" where we give a one to two sentence statement of things he taught us in all those private phone calls he was so generous in having with us all.

How about we start a Ken Snow memorial business Award.
It could be a purple fanny pack.
This could be presented each year at the Fest to the board member who has taken his or her business to a new level.
We could then make it a tradition that the recipient makes a monetary gift to their local animal shelter in Kens Name.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I think that Ken Snow is looking down from the Heavens with unbelievable pride and thanks to all his friends on this board. The admiration for him as an individual is just terrific.

IMHO, I believe that we have to realize that we are thinking with our hearts and emotions in this situation. I mention this of, course, on the day of 9/11 when many of us (unfortunately) may have passionate true stories of our dear family and/or friends whom were killed unjustly, or did some heroic things that particular day. I remember a dear customer & friend who passed while cleaning on the top floor of the tower. His wife, and family.

I think we should throw out a name something like: "The LEADER BOARD".

I suggest this only because this site has many, many true "leaders" who participate and always are there for others. For example, Mikey has proven always to visit the trade shows and report a ton of things back for the advantage of others; we have individuals such as longtime proven and honorable gurus such as; Bill Yeadon, Jim, Sr. & Jim Jr. Pemberton, even Marty (Marty who?!), and many others I have not mentioned. My point here, is that it would only be appropriate to honor everyone of these people when they chose to retire, or that most unfortunate time when any pass along. (The truth of the matter is that none of us are getting out of here alive, and we all know it)

My friends, there are even more unique and past giving gurus who were the pioneers of this Industry when it was in its infancy some 40 years ago. We should honor them all and I'm sure that they all have a dear place in our hearts as well as Ken Snow will always have.

Anyways, hope I didn't over step my welcome here because of the passion this topic has.

best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Beyond a reasonable doubt it's the most important part of this crazy business. It's the "business end" of things. I'm not creative enough to get ya a snazzy new name but I will say again it's the absolute most important part of the board. I'd go as far to say it should be the pulse of the board; how to make more money through sales, marketing and solid business practice. Should be the Situation Room like they have at the White House. Less about squirt/suck/dump and more about how to be slammed with business.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Knowing some of the "puffery" that is posted, I think "Snow Jobs" would accurately reflect the content.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Knowing some of the "puffery" that is posted, I think "Snow Jobs" would accurately reflect the content.
It amazes when you can find someone so callous who doesn't get it. Lets make fun of the membership while also peeing on the grave of a person who believed in the people on this board.. good Job Scott. That is what we should call it. because we are all puffery and and he was a snow job.. Great job.

Back
Top Bottom