Help with the tagline

Lonny

Supportive Member
Who uses taglines here?
I'm trying to get the wording right, tell me what you think.

When it absolutely has to be clean, the choice is Paramount.

When it comes to cleaning, the choice is Paramount.

For cleaning needs, your choice is Paramount.

Lonny

Supportive Member
If it were named Potpourri Productions I would do it. =)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What is your USP? What makes your company standout from the rest? Use that in your tagline. With out one they generally just don't mean much. You might as well just use: We clean good, We are the best or some other meaningless BS.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
If it were named Potpourri Productions I would do it. =)

Couldn't disagree more, people strongly associate cleaning with what something smells like. The specific words can be changed but the concept is sound.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Couldn't disagree more, people strongly associate cleaning with what something smells like. The specific words can be changed but the concept is sound.

That would work if leaving a clean fresh scent was your USP. But, a USP has almost endless possibilities. Choose one.

FredC

Village Idiot
this thread is representative of my waning faith in the genpop

Paramount...look it up people.............

He wants a play on it that isn't too laborious

He didn't ask what you would want for a slogan.
He didn't ask for your marketing perspective.
He asked a simple f'n question.............

Mikey P

Administrator
oh lighten up Francis.

how about 'The nicest people ride Paramounts"..

1990-schwinn-paramount-os-2197_20.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
That would work if leaving a clean fresh scent was your USP. But, a USP has almost endless possibilities. Choose one.

Dave,

Do you even have a USP? I know at one time it was your fake ass reviews till google caught up.............what is it now? Only cleaner in Lincoln with a wrap?

You do know that the U means unique right....not universal....as in your stuck with it. It can vary depending on the marketing campaign .....and it can "be" the brand

The idea has also been around since the 40s....so you haven't stumbled on to something new....despite what that blog you read may have said

There is a reason Rosser Reeves retired in 75
[h=1][/h]

Last edited:

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Fred, do you need a snickers bar??

He asked for peoples opinions

As to the original question, I tend to agree with some of the comments above. Your tagline should have two goals, make it easier to remember your name and give them a reason to hire you. Yours did meet the first goal, but imo not the second goal.

Maybe you could work your clients into the statement. "At Paramount Cleaning, creating lifelong clients is our most important goal" Then tell them how your service will turn them into lifelong clients. Now that may very well suck its almost midnight and it just popped in there.

FredC

Village Idiot
No...a snickers bar is the last thing I need.

Do you need a reading comprehension bar? A vocabulary bar?

Look up PARAMOUNT and the take another look at the OP

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm familiar with the commercials....but for fvck's sake give some consideration to the original question....rather than you personal ideas of how things should be...you might actually f'n learn something

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
:biggrin: lol

ok...sober...working...and cool in the ac

but still can't understand why folks wish to deviate from the question...other than maybe they "think" their perspective is more important............

Lonny

Supportive Member
That was all most entertaining, I gotta say. Just got back filling in for an employee. Sooooo, yeah, I don't have a clue as to what is truly unique these days. Everyone has the same shtuff available- chems, tools, training, scents, you name it. Like many here on the board I do as good a job as possible at each job, with what I have. I'm just trying to get something that is somewhat memorable, that gets a slight mental chuckle as to a play on words. I'm trying to think of ANY true unique anything in the industry that isn't 100% marketing fluff, aka :bullshit:, and not seeing it. Empowered, carbonated, reverse osmoted, etc, etc, etc. Anywho, If'n ya got any suggestions, it's appreciated. :very_drunk:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A UPS can be anything. Not just Chems or procedures. Just be consistent with it in your advertising to separate your company from the rest. You don't want to be perceived to be just like the 100 (Or whatever) cleaners in your area. If you are no different, then in the prospect's mind the only difference is price (As in low price wins) A USP Could be: You can trust Us, We care about you, You'll be happy GUARANTEED!, Paramount Your happiness counts. Do a little brain storming. Perhaps play on some of these words: beyond compare, finest, first-class, first-rate, foremost, greatest, highest, incomparable, leading, optimum, outstanding, perfect, preeminent, premium, prime, second to none, supreme, terrific, tops, unequaled, unparalleled, unrivaled, unsurpassed

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

WI Mike

Name
Mike
That was all most entertaining, I gotta say. Just got back filling in for an employee. Sooooo, yeah, I don't have a clue as to what is truly unique these days. Everyone has the same shtuff available- chems, tools, training, scents, you name it. Like many here on the board I do as good a job as possible at each job, with what I have. I'm just trying to get something that is somewhat memorable, that gets a slight mental chuckle as to a play on words. I'm trying to think of ANY true unique anything in the industry that isn't 100% marketing fluff, aka :bullshit:, and not seeing it. Empowered, carbonated, reverse osmoted, etc, etc, etc. Anywho, If'n ya got any suggestions, it's appreciated. :very_drunk:

This seems somewhat memorable word play-

If your cleaning is paramount, call Paramount Cleaning
We're your top choice

Mike

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
No...a snickers bar is the last thing I need.

Do you need a reading comprehension bar? A vocabulary bar?

Look up PARAMOUNT and the take another look at the OP

Actually Fred I did look it up to make sure. Right from the dictionary.

Paramount "Of chief concern or importance" What I said would make sense and instead of making the USP about the cleaning it switches the USP to the client service or goals of the company.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
LOL, its a forum last i looked.
Open discussion, purposely went in a different direction then the op was going. Who knows maybe something would click and an idea would pop into his head.

Then again maybe not....

No law that says a tagline has to play off your name or have your name in it, free country do whatever you want.

FredC

Village Idiot
Who uses taglines here?
I'm trying to get the wording right, tell me what you think.

When it absolutely has to be clean, the choice is Paramount.

When it comes to cleaning, the choice is Paramount.

For cleaning needs, your choice is Paramount.

.................... my choice out of the three

as far as the other stuff...yes its an open forum...........but he posted a specific question. I don't think he believes he has to use the name in the tagline. He wants to because the name has a meaning. It can potentially wrap/lead into a usp

A tag line and a USP are two different things. I'm sure you could steamroll them into one....maybe even cleverly.........but then you are likely giving up the benefits of having each.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lonny
Back
Top Bottom