Here's some funky couches..

Name
I'm Rick James
Earlier this week I did my biggest residential job for my company.. all the carpet, upholstery & area rugs. Included was these two gems that I have never ran across in the 10,000 plus homes I have been in over that last 14 years. It was a wool couch that hasn't been cleaned in approx 15 years, it was in their formal LR. The previous cleaning was of the dry method she said and had a sticky residue on it.

I prevac'd it, pretreated with some Trashed Green, then did the extraction on it.. I was able to bring to color back and remove the residue with zero shrinkage.

You guys clean these often?

2012-04-30_12-01-06_24.jpg

2012-04-30_12-00-57_628.jpg

Ron K

We clean these all the time they're just not that bumpy.
Slit-weave Kilim/Ghilim(gilleem)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I cleaned some furniture like that years ago.

Didn't know what it was but I cleaned it.

Did the color transfer, wool etc, no problem.

Name
I'm Rick James
Becker said:
They paid you to clean that chesterfield?

Not this time around, this is the second time in a month I have been there. Heading out there a third time next month with the other part of the remolding is done. Maybe I should brush up on my leather cleaning.

Name
I'm Rick James
She also had a full size taxidermy turtle right next to those couches that serious wanted to ride too, but figure that might not look professional.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Mikey P said:
I've only seen pillows mad from rugs never the whole Davenport..
dude did you just call it a davenport? Damn Grandpa. I havent heard anyone under 70 use that term! Now all you need to do is go to the ice box for some sherbet lol

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
As easy as cleaning a dhurri. Alot of the kilims I see are darker colors. Not much of a bleeding risk. Neither are popular around me any more. I think i have one customer who still has a dhurri.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom