Hey Porty Hacks

F

FB7777

I'm in the market :mrgreen:

Looking at the Mytee Speedster Deluxe and M5

This will be an occassional high rise and hard to reach commercial contract application

Definately looking for decent performance so I'm thinking a 2 cord system is a must

I like the 2 inch ports on the Mytee, especially for the uniformity of hoses for both the portable unit and the truckmount

Your thoughts???

John Olson

Name
John Olson
My Favorite always has been and always will be the 1003DX. Sure the M5 has slightly better vacuum and auto fill auto dump but but it is bigger and heavier and no heat so you have to add a 3rd cord. Now if you where going to make long hose runs (you have a moveable machine so this doesn't make a lot of sense to me) then the M5 is a good option but since your not using it as your primary I would get the 1003DX. Just to qaulify I ran the 1003's for many many years 4 hours a night 5 nights a week in my Janitorial accounts. Only thing we ever had to replace was brass fittings and the occasional hose.

There ya go. Call me Fred and I will have it shipped out to you with free shipping.... :mrgreen:

F

FB7777

John,

Its funny you mention the 1003DX that seems to be the one that requires the 2 20 amp circuits which was a turnoff for me

I wasn't looking for the machines with heat, I figured I could just use the available hot water

Mind you, I have never run a portable so I am concerned about power.

I am willing to trade performance for convenience... this is a machine for the hard to reach situations

F

FB7777

I can also get an Angus Young Gibson SG for the same money too

whats your point?

F

FB7777

whats bigger about the M5?

other than having 2 3 stage vacs instead of 2 - 2 stage?

WOuld you choose heat over vac power?

Mikey P

Administrator
make that the 1005DX, no heat.

Spike your Prespray, use lots of agitation and a good rinse with lots of dry strokes AND A 25 ft HOSE and you be fine.

F

FB7777

vac power is king for me as well

2inch port

2 3 stage vacs

no heat

200 PSI pump

John Olson

Name
John Olson
pfred said:
John,

Its funny you mention the 1003DX that seems to be the one that requires the 2 20 amp circuits which was a turnoff for me

I wasn't looking for the machines with heat, I figured I could just use the available hot water

Mind you, I have never run a portable so I am concerned about power.

I am willing to trade performance for convenience... this is a machine for the hard to reach situations
They are all 20 amp unless you want a Ninja which are 2 15 amp circuits. The vacuum difference really isn't that big at least not enough to give up the heat. If it was your main machine then maybe the auo fill and auto dump and more cfm would be important but for what you said you needed I would get the 1003. If you want 15 amp circuits then the ninja but it is dual 2 stage with heat or no heat with three stage. The 1003 is dual 3 stage with heat. The 20 amp circuits shouldn't be a bug deal. Kitchen and bathroom are almost alwast 20 amp gfi's or you can use the power box and plug unto the range or dryer.

As for size the M5 is big no way one person puts it in the truck without ramps. The 1003 1 person can lift it in and out.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
200 psi is for upholstery. Do you clean with 200 psi with your truck mount? Why would you with a portable? The 1005 only has 30 more cfm and 7" of h20 lift. Not enough to give up the heat. That's my opinion take it for what it is but you wouldn't. clean with 100 dgree water or possbily cold from your truck mount so why do it with a portable?

Scott Rogers

Im 45, over weight out of shape and I can load my M5 by myself without ramps. Not sure why you couldnt. its all about knowing how to do it. As a matter of fact I had to load it into my 4x4 pick me up (way taller then van floor) yesterday to do a job incognito. :lol: Didnt have any issues loading it, but I sure missed the heat from my van.

Name
John LaBarbera
M5 has auto fil/pump-out 15 gallon tanks

Speedster 1005 same vacs (2-3 stage 144" lift 230 cfm) and pump (500 psi) no pump-out or auto fill 15 amps cord one 12 amps cord 2

Go to the Mytee web-site (mytee.com) and you will see weights and all other spec's.

Bob Foster

I agree with John. I had a M5 and went back to a 1005 ( EDIT I said earlier I had a 1003 in error). If you have a good auto dump auto fill situation and a large area to do then the M5 would make sense. However it is a very heavy machine and I would suggest you should have a ramp for loading it.

You might want to look at Terje's machine. Ask Tony Wheelwright about its performance and reliability as he has had one for at least two years and has done major square footage with it.

Becker

Name
Becker
I started as a portable cleaner...

Was not till I moved up to a TM that I acquired a portable with an auto fill, and APO..

Had I had that machine back in Porty days, I think it would have saved me from my 1st TM VAN purchase.. ( big mistake, Chemtex need I say more )

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
For a portable I think DevilThomas had the best idea: get a rotovac CFX pod and a pump from Terry. Here's what Thomas said aboit it:Rotovac stuff is kind of Pricey....look for lightly used Rotovac equipment on ebay and craigslist...you can save thousands of dollars.

I got my used 360 with carpet and carpet brush head for $1300...28 lbs
I got my new duel cord CFX power pod from Rotovac for $1733...40 lbs...

If blowing breakers is a problem you can go with single cord CFX ...but it only sucks about half as hard as duel cord.

Best places to plug in extractor... washer plugin, kitchen plugin, bathroom plugin. You can plugin power wands in any room you are working...they only draw about 5 amps.

Rotovac original ...cleans great...but very slow.
Rotovac 360....cleans good... much faster than original.

Both power wands tend to be super soakers...adjust water flow and make "dry" passes.

Get a 175 rotary, or OP machine and scrub your prespray in...your carpet will be beautiful...

Ok...last thing...get or make a toolbox sized demand pump...6 lbs... like this

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

This one puts out 170 psi...approx..$300

John Olson

Name
John Olson
pfred said:
http://www.***************/store/mytee-speedster-1005dx-vacs-450psi-heater-machine-only-p-4626.html
Sure I'll match them.....none of the extra's that come when you buy a portable from me though. My web prices are exactly what Mytee's are. The whole being a responsibe distributor and following MAP and not selling at 10% margins cheaping the product line. It is John's company and he can choose to do buisness with whomever he chooses. I keep waiting for steam-brite to sell themselves out of business but they must have deep pockets as no one can sell at break even or a loss forever.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
not to hijack this thread, but will a porty(mytee or others) handle a 360i?

I like the idea of leaveing the machine at the closet and running 100ft of hose.

Also Fred, I use to have 3 bane portables. I would leave them at the closet and run them. Down side, I had to empty, but the 20 gallon tanks were nice. Ran hot water from the facet and turned the pump up.

Damn things were heavy but served their purpose.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

No offense John, but in purchasing my M-5, I just about laughed at anyone selling it for MSRP. How does a lower price on ANYTHING, cheapen it's product line?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fred, I have both the M5 and the 1005DX.
Both are good machines. No difference in performance.

For the occasional portable job, if one person needs to lift it (no ramp/no elevator) the M5 is too big/heavy and cumbersome to lift. The 1005DX is better but still a drag (it is not just the weight, its is the position it forces your body to lift which is the problem- Call my chiropractor, she'll explain).

That little extra power that the 1005DX has over the 1003DX is worth it. It is one powerful portable. I never use the automatic fill and pump out. And portables with heat will always trip the circuit or compromise suction or force you to use three cords- not worth it!

Don't get the 200 PSI , not strong enough, you'll really like the 0-500 PSI pump, it is great.
No need to go to 25" hose. I use the 50 " 2 inch hose and the suction is phenomenal. That way you can use your 50" lead hose from the van.

If only John (from Mytee) will change those cheap screws that hold the machine together to latches it will be great.

What were you thinking John L. ?!?? :p :p

Bob Foster

I earlier stated I had a 1003, I made a mistake, I have a 1005. It doesn't have heat auto pump out or auto fill.

I have had my 1005 for over a year now and will use it maybe a couple of times a month which I realize is not a lot compared to the POGs. I have never needed the heat option as I always have had hot water readily available.

If I was to order another machine again I would choose the exact same one. Buying a unit with auto pump out and auto fill adds a lot of weight.

S

sam miller

Steam brite's price is lower because they dont include wand and hose's
on some products

http://www.***************/store/mytee- ... -6253.html

Name
Damon
I use the M12 - now that's heavy! Great machine, but can be tricky to move.

The M5 is a nice machine, I think I've seen it on sale at SteamBrite.

But if you aren't doing a lot of square footage the af/ad may not mean much.

Name
John LaBarbera
Ofer Kolton said:
Fred, I have both the M5 and the 1005DX.
Both are good machines. No difference in performance.

For the occasional portable job, if one person needs to lift it (no ramp/no elevator) the M5 is too big/heavy and cumbersome to lift. The 1005DX is better but still a drag (it is not just the weight, its is the position it forces your body to lift which is the problem- Call my chiropractor, she'll explain).

That little extra power that the 1005DX has over the 1003DX is worth it. It is one powerful portable. I never use the automatic fill and pump out. And portables with heat will always trip the circuit or compromise suction or force you to use three cords- not worth it!

Don't get the 200 PSI , not strong enough, you'll really like the 0-500 PSI pump, it is great.
No need to go to 25" hose. I use the 50 " 2 inch hose and the suction is phenomenal. That way you can use your 50" lead hose from the van.

If only John (from Mytee) will change those cheap screws that hold the machine together to latches it will be great.

What were you thinking John L. ?!?? :p :p

Hi Ofer,

Are you talking about the latch in the back of the machine, the metal bracket that attaches the solution tank to the base? I'll have something new at Pro-Line's CAD day in Sept. that you inspired. See you than.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Goomer said:

No offense John, but in purchasing my M-5, I just about laughed at anyone selling it for MSRP. How does a lower price on ANYTHING, cheapen it's product line?
The same way the guy cleaning for $7.95 a room does. Why can't you clean for that?

I rarely sell a portable online. I prefer to talk to the person buying it and put together a package that works for them. As for if they are making money well selling something at 10% margin when it cost you 10% to bring it in to inventory stock it market it demo it etc etc that doesn't leave any room for profit. Maybe they don't pay thier people a living wage I dunno but the math doesn't work for me no way it can work for anyone else unless their is some sort of new math.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not too take away from John or other suppliers.....even though it does.

You can buy a used porty for next to nothing nowadays. Too many dudes jumping ship.

I've been seeing them online etc etc.

If you know a little bit, then you won't buy someone elses problems.

Ok, John...you can kick the crap out of me now. shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom