Hoss 700

M

Mattsfc

Using the hoss for the second time on CGD today, we can't seem to vacuum enough to get even close the the dry times we get with our ti wand any suggestions I'm using the # 48 with about 350 psi , anyone got any suggestions ??

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Hey Matt,

What prochem?
What's your hose run?
Is the .48 the smallest one?
Do you clean a small area and then do a dry pass?
Filters clean?
Heavy on pre spay?

Just trying to understand....

Keith

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the orifice you are using may be the biggest problem. if it's cleaner longer dry times would be acceptable to me.

gene

M

Mattsfc

Yes filters clean, 200 ft run , prochem legend, yes .48 is the smallest , medium prespray , and yes we are doing a dry pass . Everything should be the same conditions as when we use the ti

Hey dude it's common knowledge that all rotaries leave the carpet wetter than a wand so you will either have to go back and dry with the wand, do dry strokes with the rotary which may not be enough, or accept the longer dry times.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Hey dude it's common knowledge that all rotaries leave the carpet wetter than a wand so you will either have to go back and dry with the wand, do dry strokes with the rotary which may not be enough, or accept the longer dry times.

Not entirely true..I get just about the same dry times..

Chances are he may need to slow down a bit and allow the machine more time to recover...his set up sounds good but your not really comparing apples to apples.....the jets are completely 2 different types for delivering the rinse...

200 foot run is a stretch but not that bad.. what is the set up...straight 2 inch...is there 2.5 or a 4 to door...?..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mattsfc said:
Only 2" all the way

If you can..try a 2.5 or a 4 to the door... You will see a nice improvement...

I run 100 feet of 2 inch and then from there everything is 2.5 to the machine...makes a world if difference.....

I hope you are not using an inline filter with all two inch on a 200' run. Best to run with no filter and filter water when you dump it.

My rotary leaves the carpet WET so I can either dry with rotary or go back with wand and remove the swirl marks which is the better thing to do because you also pick up the lint and hair that gets kicked out etc.

If you have a helper it is much much faster to scrub with a 175 and rinse with the wand, but the rotary will clean deeper so use it on the real nasties.

And Jim how many jobs do you realistically do with more than 100' of hose?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
I hope you are not using an inline filter with all two inch on a 200' run. Best to run with no filter and filter water when you dump it.

My rotary leaves the carpet WET so I can either dry with rotary or go back with wand and remove the swirl marks which is the better thing to do because you also pick up the lint and hair that gets kicked out etc.

If you have a helper it is much much faster to scrub with a 175 and rinse with the wand, but the rotary will clean deeper so use it on the real nasties.

And Jim how many jobs do you realistically do with more than 100' of hose?

A lot more then you think...I do a lot of big homes and 99% of the time because of the size of my truck and because I work out the side door...I park on the street....

M

Mattsfc

Thanks Jim my only concern is that the legend produces heat from the resistance on the vac blower so I've never changed to 2 1/2 or 4 to the door becouse I've feared loosing more heat ??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mattsfc said:
Thanks Jim my only concern is that the legend produces heat from the resistance on the vac blower so I've never changed to 2 1/2 or 4 to the door becouse I've feared loosing more heat ??

mine does the same thing and it is not effected at all.....but keep in mind I live in a hot climate.....but I would not think it is going to effect you enough to worry about it....you will do better opening that blower up a bit and letting it breath...

S

sam miller

He would have to modify the machine to open up the blower, which could in turn cause heat loss, but I'm betting he's not getting near the heat with the rotary as with the wand.

I agree with the 4 to the door or 2.5 inch hose run if your machine allows it. I tried a rx20 years ago with my legend way to wet maybe not enough dry passes.

My problem was everyone talked up how much faster it was to use a rx20 faster no wetter yes maybe not so bad if you slow down and take your time like Jim said but to me that negates the reason for having it

I love my rx20 with mytee glides now but only on occasion.

http://youtu.be/JJMmw2yZWbI

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the 360 usually leaves it DRIER then my greenhorn...more so if i dry pass with it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sam miller said:
He would have to modify the machine to open up the blower, which could in turn cause heat loss, but I'm betting he's not getting near the heat with the rotary as with the wand.

I agree with the 4 to the door or 2.5 inch hose run if your machine allows it. I tried a rx20 years ago with my legend way to wet maybe not enough dry passes.

My problem was everyone talked up how much faster it was to use a rx20 faster no wetter yes maybe not so bad if you slow down and take your time like Jim said but to me that negates the reason for having it

I love my rx20 with mytee glides now but only on occasion.

http://youtu.be/JJMmw2yZWbI

when I said open the blower I was referring to running a 2.5 or 4 to the door...

for me the rotary is faster....but that don't mean I can take off like a bat out of hell and expect it to do what I want....I still had to find that pace where my machine can keep up and the rotary can do its job....

I am willing to bet that Mike...with his 68 blower can move faster then me with my 56 blower and get a better recovery.....I would have to slow myself down some and give my machine time to work.....

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Mattsfc said:

That's what I thought too. I have a CDS 4.8 Salsa and I didn't want to lose heat either, but for some reason when I went 4 to door the heat seemed to pick up with much improved dry times. Go figure

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom