Hot water bypass dumping into waste tank

Name
Austin Willoughby
Like?

My Boxxer can divert hot water from two different locations.
The old El Diablo HX version seemed to have a pretty simple temperature control system. When the water was too hot, the heat from the blower and motor would get sent out of the muffler instead of being sent to the HX. That seems to make sense, but it’s obviously never caught on.
Yea I agree but I think they had problems with the solenoid failing on them and burning pumps up. I could be wrong

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Well wasn't sure how well that radiator performs. Ik the thermalwave fan would need to be upgraded to do so.

the very first summer my machine ran I had to upgrade the fan to pull more air through it to keep it cool...the stock fan would not pull enough through and it would over heat...once I put the new one in...it has never over heated since.....so I would be careful how my I obstruct the radiator.....

Name
Austin Willoughby
the very first summer my machine ran I had to upgrade the fan to pull more air through it to keep it cool...the stock fan would not pull enough through and it would over heat...once I put the new one in...it has never over heated since.....so I would be careful how my I obstruct the radiator.....
Yea I think you were telling me about that in the other thread. You recommended that I upgrade mine which I plan on. Good thing it's cold right now around here so I'll be alright through the winter.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
It is so nice when you use fossil fuel for heat - there is no water dumping other than the thermal relief valve on the Cat pump when you set the wand down for a long period of time!

Reactions: scotty747

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
what we should have bought and/or the way it should be built is a moot point...
therm valves are everywhere and they always have been...slide-ins....direct drives....PTO..we all have them...
and way back when...you did not hear too much about them..one every now and then would have a problem.....

I have had my thermal wave since 2010...she is cranking about 6000 hours now..I just replaced the therm valve for the very first time since I have had it about 2 or 3 weeks ago..but I also took the time and set it up to run in my climate.........I ran a CDS unit for 5 years and never touched it once....

that being said....there is a bunch of different variables that people do not take into account...
slide-ins come a long way in the last 10 years or so...they are generating a lot more hot water than they ever use to...
ambient temperatures play a role in how much heat it will generate and how much the therm valve is going to dump...
how much air is circulating around a machine so it can breathe and allow heat to escape...
your water flow...
just to name a few that can affect the way your machine runs and how hot it may get to tell the therm valve to dump more often....

on my thermal wave...my climate is very hot with mild winters...being a liquid-cooled system...ambient temps play a big role on my machine...I can loose up to 20 degrees in our mild winters because of the cooler air that pulls into the system....and in our hot summers...I can peg the needle without even trying...so my therm valve is dumping way more in the summer than it is in the winter....If I ran a fresh tank and I wanted to divert the water...I would not have a choice but to have the external radiator with the fan set up to help me cool it the water that the therm valve is dumping to go into my fresh tank...and even then....110 to 115 outside temps.....I would still be pushing it...

My 570...totally different...much newer than my thermal wave...they took this machine and learned how to really harness the heat...controlling it is the bitch... you can not keep a therm valve in it...I finally just gave up on it...it is a must for me to run an A.P.O. with this machine so I just let it dump....in my temperatures...it can still push more heat then I want even though it is always dumping....so it is just not worth it to me to worry about...but for others... it has been a real pain...

Take these same machines...put them in a climate that is much cooler summers..and very cold winters..and it is an entirely different situation....

you can up your water flow to make your water move faster through the HX and not generate as much heat...
you notice that when you clean tile you are not pushing as much heat as when you are cleaning carpet...and if you have a lot of UPH..most have to go and dial back there machines or we will overheat because the water is hardly moving....
but not everyone can do this...the last thing you want to do is put down more than your equipment can recover...your just going to shoot yourself in the foot.....

they are what they are...and they are everywhere...they help release the heat out of a closed-looped system and help protect your equipment...it sucks that they have to dump into the waste tank and fill it faster then we want...but...99% of them have been like that forever...
I thought I read somewhere how the 570 dumps almost no water. Maybe it was the 575 that I read controls hot water better.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I thought I read somewhere how the 570 dumps almost no water. Maybe it was the 575 that I read controls hot water better.

Its the HydraMaster Titan 575. It does not recirculate water and the temps in the water box do not go over 110 degrees - I tested it. Also is a model that has been around for a very long time. A proven winner in my book.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
its the Hydramaster Titan 575. It does not recirculate the water. I took temps and it does not get over 110 degrees in the water box.
That’s a big deal then... for me. With HM now using SS coils in the HX, maybe the Titan is the better choice.

I’m dumb, can you tell me how not recycling the water keeps the machine from dumping hot water?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Some machines are using automatic diverter valves to divert the exhaust heat through a muffler rather than the heat exchangers. This avoids bypassing to the waste tank for the most part.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I cleaned all day today (10 rooms, 3 halls, 2 recliners) with an 8 flow wand and didn't come close to filling up my waste tank.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
it has a diverter as Cleanworks said and two heat exchangers. I can regulate heat very easily.

I have been a Prochem guy forever. Have owned just about every TM they ever made (not the hydralic fortunately) but then they got sold and hard as SS tries to roll over the Prochem diehards you cant fool us. All of their models are new. That and their track record forced me to look for a proven, reliable TM. I got that in the HydraMaster Titan 575. Closest thing to my Apex which I truely enjoyed cleaning with.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
this is the one I like....TorqFlo from Auto Zone...part number 733690 ( on right )
fins are bigger and tilted inward more and pull a lot more air into the radiator...

IMG_5608.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom