House Call Pro

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
For those of you using House Call Pro what are your impressions and experience with it?

Mrice

Name
Mat
Because everything is cloud based! If you can't connect you can't proceed with whatever you were doing. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but there are some idiosyncrasies that are hard for me to reconcile.

J

JS41035

In those situations why would you not just use a handwritten invoice?
Then manually enter it when you have signal.

Mikey P

Administrator
Invoicing isn't the big issue....Finding the next job and or looking up history while

Not being able to print a route heet to take along is a huge negative as well

J

JS41035

I guess I don't get it. What would be the alternative in that situation?
SM mobile would be equally useless without mobile data. And how often does that actually happen? Maybe I just live in area with better Coverage.

Reactions: Ruben Mier

Mrice

Name
Mat
I guess I don't get it. What would be the alternative in that situation?
SM mobile would be equally useless without mobile data. And how often does that actually happen? Maybe I just live in area with better Coverage.

the whole idea is to not have to duplicate you efforts and go paperless. Download the free app, and try it for yourself. When you can't connect of for that matter don't have a good connection you can't even see contact info, you can't change appointments, you can't take payment, you can't enter new appointments...then when you get back to the office, you would update all this info from your paper notes? No way.

J

JS41035

Your talking about a tiny percentage of the time.
And what is the alternative if you want mobile access to your customer database?
I don't see why it is all or nothing. Even if you manually enter 5% of your invoices. That would be an improvement.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I love it. Mikes right, you wont be able to gain access to history but the name, address, number and all that gets pushed to google calendar so its all there.

Reactions: Lint Basket

Mrice

Name
Mat
Yes they get pushed to g cal, but it's only one way. In fact when you cancel an apt or reschedule it still show in it's origional spot on g cal, so really you can't rely on g cal, nice to look at but not necessarily synced. I personally wish there was a better way to sync contacts, as it is now, when a client calls, it has no contact info attached to it (IF you only manually entered it in HCP), think caller id. It might be me by I like to know who's calling so I can address them by name. Justin try it out it's FREE, let us know what you think.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have been really liking the Housecall Pro. I have never had an issue with service locations, but then I am on the Verizon network and picked them specifically because of their wide service area. I go hunting sometimes in remote areas and I want service for emergencies.

J

JS41035

I
Yes they get pushed to g cal, but it's only one way. In fact when you cancel an apt or reschedule it still show in it's origional spot on g cal, so really you can't rely on g cal, nice to look at but not necessarily synced. I personally wish there was a better way to sync contacts, as it is now, when a client calls, it has no contact info attached to it (IF you only manually entered it in HCP), think caller id. It might be me by I like to know who's calling so I can address them by name. Justin try it out it's FREE, let us know what you think.
I did try it last spring. I actually paid for a few months just to try it out. I ended up staying with SM. But I thought it was a great company. The price was great. The lack of an import fee was nice. Paying 200 bucks to import a customer list was high to me for SM. I was moving from Cha-Ching to SM. They were only able to import my customer list not any invoiced orders. HCP did the exact same thing for free.
To be honest I never really gave HCP a fair run. I think for a lot of OO it will be great. SM is also excellent.
Ultimately I have went back to cha Ching. Because of the horrible evil ,spineless,corporate sack of incompetence that is AT&T. After buying our house we found out that they no longer offer Dsl. Long story short we have no high speed internet options for our home office.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
For those interested - we are at the very tail end of testing GCAL (tw0-way) sync with FittleBug. This is for Scheduling only of course. BUT for example if you sync truck 1 in FBug to truck 1 in SMonster, and you Sync Truck 1 in SMonster to truck 1 in GCal - You can see the line items of services in the description area of GCAl whether you use SMonster (synced to Gcal) or any other program that might be GCal synced . Here's a snap:
upload_2016-4-14_9-13-4.png

Obviously you don't need to have SMonster to sync FBug with GCal. So for those that don't use SMonster or anything else, it can be a stand alone option and FREE with FittleBug! Also this will not function as a CMS mobile tool like HC or SMonster Mobile. It's just for the scheduling n(real-time) part of the equation. More on this shortly...

Reactions: Newman

Mikey P

Administrator
HCP does have some very nifty features, dont get me wrong.

Do your due diligence on all the offerings

Another mobile CRM is on the horizon, designed by a fellow cleaner.

tres davis

Name
tres
For those interested - we are at the very tail end of testing GCAL (tw0-way) sync with FittleBug. This is for Scheduling only of course. BUT for example if you sync truck 1 in FBug to truck 1 in SMonster, and you Sync Truck 1 in SMonster to truck 1 in GCal - You can see the line items of services in the description area of GCAl whether you use SMonster (synced to Gcal) or any other program that might be GCal synced . Here's a snap:
View attachment 13789

Obviously you don't need to have SMonster to sync FBug with GCal. So for those that don't use SMonster or anything else, it can be a stand alone option and FREE with FittleBug! Also this will not function as a CMS mobile tool like HC or SMonster Mobile. It's just for the scheduling n(real-time) part of the equation. More on this shortly...

Steve, was that English??

Reactions: smastio

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm liking my Customer Factor. Easy to use, and they don't constantly try and get my customers to download an app so they can push other services onto them.

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
I'm liking my Customer Factor. Easy to use, and they don't constantly try and get my customers to download an app so they can push other services onto them.
HCP doesn't push to download their app. You can turn that off in your settings.
Thanks for clarifying this, Tom! HouseCall Pro offers service pros the option to be featured in the HouseCall booking app, where customers new and old can book services conveniently through a free app. If this concerns you, we also give you the option to turn the HouseCall app off, but most of our pros choose to embrace this awesome chance to give their customers an extra option for ease of scheduling!

We also understand your concerns about offline mode. This is a very in-depth feature to build, but it's something that we will offer in the future. You can always take screenshots of the HouseCall Pro app - which syncs with Google maps to show you a picture of the house you are going to, as well as offers real-time routing through Google maps. If you live in a poor service area, you can screenshot the job info so you can still see all the appointment information and location, while still going paperless!

Reactions: JS41035

Mikey P

Administrator
Ruben if I had to ask my guys to screen shot 30 somes odd jobs a week, I'd have to clean them all..

Come one brother, how hard can that be...?

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
True offline mode is actually quite difficult to build in an app! Printing sheets of paper from a desktop is actually not the same thing. HouseCall Pro is all about going paperless. On top of that, the majority of our pros live in areas with sufficient cell service or have data plans on their devices, and therefore do not have this issue.

Our pros have requested us to build a true offline mode for our app, but we have many other features that have more votes than this feature. Since we build HouseCall Pro based on the wants and needs of our pros, we will build offline mode once we have already built these more popular features.

Last edited:

Ruben Mier

Name
Ruben Mier
Would be nice if you could share the upcoming feature list in order with us.
Thanks for this suggestion, Dan! We are planning on creating a place where our pros can vote for features and see which ones are at the top of our list. Hopefully this will become available in the next coming weeks.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom