How critical is the Bird Room to the success of this Board?

steve r

hey mike,
thats like saying if you dont vote dont bitch, but the fact of the matter is if your in the industry to clean carpet and do the best you can and continue learning it doesnt make you better cause you have a patch.
i had a lot more to say but ive had to much to drink and cant think that long.

F

FB7777

one of the best features of this board is the receptiveness of the owner and admins to ideas.

How many people here have made suggestions regarding changes and seen them implemented?

At the present time, I would say this board is the best in our industry, and hopefully will continue to grow.

The ICS board suffers from a thin skinned edit monger and with him at the delete helm it will continue its slide.

The Bird Room is a must keep, it was suggested years ago for Johns Blue Board and even for ICS.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You have to be smokin crack to buy a $199 piece of plastic to put on the bottom of your wand to make it work!

Rex Tyus

Mike Brummett said
I LIKE this board. I also know that there are plenty of people here who are Certified Firms and Association members, but they simply choose to keep their dog outa the fight.

I know I miss a lot but how does owning a certified firm give you a dog to fight with. My company is a certified firm. I don't see how this board or supporting it is in conflict with that. As for trade associations, I don't even know if one is available for Floridians? :? I am interested though.

The Bird room is definitely a critical part of the board. It keeps the religious and the political post confined in an area isolated from normal topics. Not to mention when I am feeling belligerent I can vent, and I don't have to listen to the timid readers complain. Because they shouldn't be there in the first place!

You have to be smokin crack to buy a $199 piece of plastic to put on the bottom of your wand to make it work!

It is better than being a meth head not knowing their wand don't work and is a POS! :p

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mike those who join and follow associations tend to be followers.

On this board you have the "Alpha dogs"

The true Pit Bulls of our industry.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Pit Bull my ass, Jimmy's a Chihuahua that THINKS he's a Pit Bull:

chihuahua_breeding.jpg

Take care,
Lisa

G

"Freedom of speech Mike. That's what makes this board more successful then the others."

Has anyone ever been banned for expressing their opinion in the "birdroom", even if tasteless and unpopular? Like for talking politics, sex, race...etc.?

Phil

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Dolomite...

No crack smoking here, but a lot less pain in my shoulders when I use the "plastic on the bottom of my wand".

Actually it saves me money, the price of the anti inflammatory drugs was way more than $199.00 a year !!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Phil

I think I gave Danny a week vacation when we first started up for posting religious stuff non stop.

Other then that the answer is no.

F

FB7777

I heard that Phil got his info from a guy who knows this person that used to hang with someone that has a friend that comes here.

Here here for hear say :lol:

G

Don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Just that being politically INCORRECT in the bird room can get one "kicked".

I guess the board is just a reflection of society at large (e.g. Imus...etc)

Forget I mentioned it.

Phil

G

Didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

Heard that being TOO politically INCORRECT in the bird room can get one's posts and profile "rewritten" by certain unhappy board moderators who don't agree. Which is okay, it's your board. Just doesn't sound like total freedom of speech.

I guess the board is just a reflection of society at large (e.g. Imus...etc)

Forget I mentioned it.

Phil

Mikey P

Administrator
No one got booted out for anything they have posted anywhere on this board.

They may have had it suggested that no one wants to hear their bullshit but they were not "Banned".

G

Does the name Tom Cullen ring a bell? He was burning my ear the other day.

Met him last week. We're doing a job together in a couple days.

Phil

Mikey P

Administrator
He was asked not to post his venomous racist BS.

We asked him over and over to stop.

He did or could not. So Lisa started having fun be editing his posts.
He didn't take kindly to that so the POS put her and my names on a bunch of email spam lists.

Good Bye Tom.

He had many chances to play nice.

G

I thought you said nobody had ever been banned for "what they posted" in the bird room.

Oh well.

I've known cullen since 1987. We are both retired military linguists. My wife is still active duty, which is what has brought us once again to Hawaii.

Did you know his wife is chinese and his two sons bi-racial.

One thing the guy ain't is racist. And I actually know the guy. I mean really know him, not just from some on-line bbs. I've worked with him, drank with him, and laughed with him. In fact, one of our navy drinking buddies was Al Jones, a black guy.

He is however a sarcastic sob. He's famous for that!

He does a great filipino imitation. There are a lot of filipinos in the navy. Anyway, when we were on guam, he did a stand-up routine at the chiefs club talking like a filipino and had the chiefs (include 3 filipino chiefs) laughing on the floor.

Anyway, I'll pass on your regards to him. We are doing a commercial job in a couple days.

Uncle Phil, USN (ret)

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
There were some pretty nasty political posts going on in the Bird Room, Tom and Steve Lawrence were the opposing "wings" feeding all the nastiness and both were edited and asked to tone it down, Steve did, Tom only escalated his behavior. After editing his posts for a day or two he was axed as he just got continually more vulgar. Even the Bird Room must be held to some standards.

Though he may be sarcastic and not intend to offend, he did/could/would not realize that very few people who read his posts know him personally and his "sarcasm" did not communicate as such when read on a bulletin board. it is one failing of written text.

Anyway...as his behavior only escalated, he was booted, whereupon he signed Mike, Jeff and I up for every email junk mail subscription he could, so it became permanent.

We only have so much time, and using it to police Tom was not a good use of that time.

Take care,
Lisa

G

Boy, didn't mean to open up a can or worms.

Wouldn't want vulgarity or sarcasm in the Bird room.

Were people actually complaining?

When I see posts from posters I don't care for I just scroll past, rather than edit them to show my intolerance. Maybe in the clean room, but the BIRD ROOM. I thought that's where people are suppose to go to let loose.

They're insulting immigrants over there now.

Phil

F

FB7777

c'mon Phil, hopefully you're more reasonable than this.

You can get away with alot in the Bird Room... far more than most I'd imagine.

Geez, I've had posts editted and if I ever was asked ,via email, to tone it down I'd comply out of respect.

I admire you sticking up for a friend but if what has been posted about Tom's inflexibility to tone down, and in fact escalating his behavior and then retaliating with spam is true ... then good riddance to the Tom Cullen board persona. Some people do type some really ridiculous stuff that they might not otherwise say in person.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom