How critical is the Bird Room to the success of this Board?

Mikey P

Administrator
You have to admit that the Bird Room is crucial to the success of this place.

It keeps us Admins from having to be heavy handed and helps keep the Clean Room on topic.

It lets the boys be boys as well has letting those with dainty ears feel safe.

Evan Jeff and John should have done the same.

Your thoughts?

Mike Brummett

Never go there.

I have posted a couple of replies however.

Now, a question -

What, exactly do you mean by "the success of this board"?

What is it that determines success? What are the goals and objectives of the board?

Who profits from this board?

Who profits with valuable information, help, moral support, etc?

Who profits financially?

What are the costs associated with operating the board?

When was the last time a financial statement was posted?

Lot's of venomous criticism here that is directed at "other" CC related

entities which do NOT share financial information, but this board has yet

to set an example for them to follow.

Food for thought....................................

MIKE

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
sadly i still see 4-letter words in the "clean room" :(

thanx --- Derek.

Mikey P

Administrator
Freedom of speech Mike.

That's what makes this board more successful then the others.

How many people has Evan banned because they made his job hard or hurt his feelings?

Loads.

Lots like to support him by saying he has to answer to his bosses but the fact is, ICSBB is his baby and he could shut it down when ever he wants. I personally am disgusted at how he chooses to run the board.

I could go on but two words will do.

Lee Stockwell.

If this board accomplishes nothing more then it already has I'll be content.

But you and I both know what it's possibility's are.

Never before has this industry had a place to talk that was not ran by the IICRC, a supplier with an sales agenda or a side show freak.

Now we all know you belong to a small Association that would love to have more members and power so you'll of course take offense to what is happening here. It's to be expected. But face the facts Mike, MB is here to stay and our power will only make the industry more honest.

Before you go Watergate on me, I'll tell you upfront that I am making a profit off this place.

I have never hid that fact.

It brings in about a grand a month, about half of which I use to pay for upkeep, promotions, contest, donations and the like.

G

?

The bird room is simply a good thing! :D
Your doing a good job, Mike!

CHEERS! AL

G

The bird room is awesome!

As for Mike B's questions, who cares? Why do I need to know what if any profit is made from this board? I don't.

Look at all the hot seat interviews, look at the articles posted, and all the questions answered. I think those speak for themselves.

I think most of the negative (or venomous as Mike B says) criticizm of the other boards is because of the LACK OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Nothing more, nothing less. People being banned for one thing, others allowed to stay for same behavior. Mikey said it best with two words.

Lee Stockwell

Tile Nerd

I have to admit, I like the Bird Room and appreciate the opportunity for FREE speech there. I also agree that all forums should have a place to go and say what needs to be said.

Thanks Mikey!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Why would a p &l be posted for a private concern? we don't all share ours with others (except banks and other lending sources).

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Now if we could just keep Pemberton's anal retentive finger off the delete button we would enjoy the Bird room even more!

KMA!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jimmy

I've completed a 12 Step Program of Therapy, and will henceforth leave Bird Room censorship to others

Just remember, I'll Be Watching You in the Clean Room

Name
steve snail
Bird room, as well as all the other rooms serve a well thought out purpose.

As far as profit of the board, The more Mikey makes off this board, the richer we will all become!

steve r

i almost always start surfing in the bird room first.i like the attitude in there.

Mike Brummett

Sorry Mikey, I don't see the ENORMOUS difference that you seem to.

Sure, there are some cool features like the various rooms and the hot seat interviews.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the freedom of speech as much as anyone.
But John G was doing that (minus some profanity) long before you came along. Does he have something to sell? Hell yes. So does ICS, so does Cleanfax, and so do you.
What you are selling is this board, and you have admitted that you are making a profit in doing so.

So this idea that Mikey's Board has some noble cause and is somehow morally, or otherwise, superior to the others is wishful thinking at best.

Furthermore, it does not help unite our industry to continue to perpetuate an "US vs. THEM" mentality regarding other message boards or IICRC and the various Carpet Cleaner Trade Associations that share ownership of it.

One might ask "Who would benefit from such propoganda?"

FYI: I can't speak for other trade associations, but SCRT is not for profit and puts out a financial statement twice a year with all the cards on the table. (That's called integrity.)
The idea that SCRT is power-hungry has no foundation whatsoever.

Having said all of that:

THANK YOU for the opportunity to exercise my freedom of speech in being critical of Mikey'sboard for being so critical.

I do like to stir things up and provoke thinking, whenever I can.

MIKE

[/b]

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when this board first started it separated itself for all the others in what it represented....people were flocking here.........now.....it is just like all the rest.......

All the people are still here but most just don't post like they use to for what ever there reasons.....

timnelson

Mike B,
This whole issue of financial disclosure seems to have your panties in a twist. I don't get it. I'm with Ken on this one.

Tile Nerd

Mikey once again I'm with you on this one (you know I'm not a brown noser, I just tell it like a believe it). You should make money on this board and I think there is power in numbers. If you can't work within the posting rules here then you've got some serious issues. I've been shocked with some of the things I've said and done(please don't audit my posts) without any repercussions.

I know that one thread about the tattoo you pulled down but not because of content. You did that because I was annoying you, and you wanted shut me up. Even still, I keep pressing you and re-posting it. Any other forum would have at minimum suspended me for antagonizing the moderator the way I did.

Great site, I don't agree with you most of the time, but that's what make America great. Don't lose focus of why you started this place!

Thanks for tolerating me the way you do!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Please forward a copy (any copy) of a SCRT Profit & Loss statement to me at kensnow@originalhagopian.com

I have not seem one, and while I do not know for sure myself others have said that when they have requested copies they have been refused.

Ken
Ps I do agree with some of your comments. This board is better than some perhaps worse than others and is a for profit venture, even if very little is being made now ($500 a month isn't squat for the effort I imagine). It is also Mike's ego playground which is okay, we all have them in our own way. Why not get paid for it?

harryhides

Name
Tony
What, exactly do you mean by "the success of this board"?

Success could be defined in many ways - incredible growth rate, highest number of posts per week in the industry, level playing field for all kinds of cleaners without supplier influences.

What is it that determines success? What are the goals and objectives of the board?

To provide a forum for carpet cleaners that is free of supplier influence where cleaners voices may be heard. To share information either positive or negative of all types of equipment or chems without restraint.

Who profits from this board?
Who profits with valuable information, help, moral support, etc?
Who profits financially?

We all do, you can't put a price on freely debated and discussed information.

What are the costs associated with operating the board?

They vary, this place is only a few months old.

When was the last time a financial statement was posted?

Mikey has supplied more info about revenue ( check out # of supporting members and do the math) and profit than any other bb.

Lot's of venomous criticism here that is directed at "other" CC related
entities which do NOT share financial information, but this board has yet
to set an example for them to follow.

LOTS ?? GIVE SOME EXAMPLES so we know if you are comparing apples with apples.

Tile Nerd

Evans board is a joke. Too much of the buddy system and not very consistent with the way he runs it.

GRHeacock

The Bird Room?

I like it.

That's enough for anybody.

Gary

Proud inventor of The Furniture Holdup and The Tabber

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Greenie! Probably just weed though. If they were crack heads they would have sold their computer by now to buy more and wouldn't be posting.

danpauselius

The bird room is my favorite place. It lets a bunch of carpet scrubbers discuss all the crap we generally can't on other boards. We have some real hot debates over there but, like Harry Hides pointed out recently ... you don't learn much from people who agree with you.

Sometimes, you just don't want to talk shop.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Jim Martin

Be careful about dissing my home - Lynchburg TN. A "dry" county but they export a lot of the local product.

Scott Warrington

G

If the Bird room is so popular,why am I the only one logged in when I go there?
I scan over everything really fast, and then leave before I can be detected.
I feel a weird vibe when I'm in there.
Sleazy,dirty.

Definitely my favorite.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
I've come to the conclusion some guys are just smokin' crack.

everyone is always smoking something or don't know what they are talking about if they are not in the clique .........

the good people just respect others for the opinions

even if they are wrong............

Mike Brummett

Tim-
Actually, I have NO problem with Mikey makin' a little beer money from this board.

He's a clever and resourceful guy, and it was HIS idea - so power to him.

What bothers me are all of the folks who come on here that have never taken an IICRC approved class, or been involved with and participated in a trade association, that have nothing but bad stuff to say about them.

I don't think that people who have never gone to the trouble of participating in the process have any business opening their mouth about it. That's a PC way of saying that they should shut the hell up.

Others seem to think that simply because you choose to GET involved, that you are a glassy eyed, kool-aid drinking cult member who never questions anything.

Again- completely without foundation.

I LIKE this board. I also know that there are plenty of people here who are Certified Firms and Association members, but they simply choose to keep their dog outa the fight.

MIKE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom