How do you guys feel about stuff like this ?

F

FB7777

At least once a month I drive by a local Olive Garden early morning and there is an unlettered carpet cleaning van around the side of the building.

Several times in the past year there has been a river of dirty water flowing away from the truck that drains into a catch basin.

I'm not an environmentalist or even overly concerned that the cleaning detergents are going to end up during damage to our ecosystem...

but at the very least it perturbs me that some yahoo operating company beleieves its acceptable to dump his water wherever they want , considering there are professional alternatives that others adhere to.

I'm not gonna go Brummett on the company and stalk the doofus and put his trucks on youtube, but it does rub me the wrong way

I suppose a portion of these idiots get caught and the fines are fairly steep if they are enforced

How do you guys feel?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What you described gives our industry a bad image, and I wonder how many people see this happening and are detoured from calling a professional cleaning company. Assuming they know that the hoses strung out side or back means its a cleaning company.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I wouldn't call the municipality, but would call Olive Garden to try to get the job. If u took digital pics you could do a walk in and talk to the GM who probably has no idea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I see those guys at our local friendlys and pizza hut and applebys. They get 8 to 10 cents a square foot for 400 to 800 sq ft.
It has to be at night or very early in the morning. I always like the 20 year old chevy vans that are beat to death.I see it as one less estimate I have to do for no reason.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't believe it hurts me, nor the professionals within our industry. I think people see that sort of thing and it reinforces their belief that they need to call a reputable company ... which in my town is me.

Reactions: Derek and steve_64
F

FB7777

clueless as usual Marty

last time I did a chain restaurant was Pizza Hut in 1989 for $85 a store

dumping water outside a building is worse than being a porty hack IMO

Mikey P

Administrator
So Fred..

and it's Saturday at 5:30 in the PM and in 45 minutes your daughters' Bongo recital starts across town, and you promised Daddy would be there.. and you have 100 feet to go and your tank just filled up

.....and no where to dump:confusedd:

and what do you do?

F

FB7777

1 truck has a 210 waste tank, the other has an APO and 110 gallon tank... any future trucks will have 210 tanks

But I'll play along ... assuming I have 100 feet to go and either my APO crapped the bed or for some reason I made no accomodations during the day to properly dump my other truck with the ALL DAY 210 waste tank then perhaps I would do one of the following ...

Bucket brigade a 20 or so gallons to the toilet and continue

shut down and relieve 20 or so gallons in the nearest shrubbery

hypocritically speaking of course :)

Reactions: SamIam

Willy P

Name
Willy P
or was that Willy and his brat?

I cant keep track of all you blow hards.

This is me and my boy.......

62283335.jpg

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
There is a difference between having(freds story as an example) to dump and choosing to dump because they are lazy, don't give a crap or uninformed.

Everyone at sometime has had to dump somewhere they didn't want to, but doing it on every job everyday. That's bs.

Our water is bad enough already, why screw it up on purpose

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
1 truck has a 210 waste tank, the other has an APO and 110 gallon tank... any future trucks will have 210 tanks

But I'll play along ... assuming I have 100 feet to go and either my APO crapped the bed or for some reason I made no accomodations during the day to properly dump my other truck with the ALL DAY 210 waste tank then perhaps I would do one of the following ...

Bucket brigade a 20 or so gallons to the toilet and continue

hypocritically speaking of course :)

That's what I would do also.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd rather beg forgiveness for a few gallons vs washing the parking lot with some super slime from the restaurant. However if it were a wdr job, we would just pull the dump valve and not even feel bad about it. It would look the same to a bypasser and the water may not be potable but it's not carpet cleaning waste water. The exception would be CAT3 water that always goes sanitary not matter what, NO bushes at all, no where but sanitary.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve_64

every month? id say the management knows whats going on and may have even authorized it. maybe you know if its a storm drain or dry well but not all manhole covers are storm drains.
letting the water run across the parking lot is tacky.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It helps with rapid resoiling and increasing cleaning frequency when all the crap gets recycled back on the carpet.:icon_rolleyes:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
It's sad but many truck mount manufacturers ( and even porty manufacturers) are making systems with autopump outs ( no holding tanks) but then only providing 5-10' hoses. Hmmm i imagine what the guys do with their water.....

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Here in AZ pretty much all houses have a sewer cleanout we can pump into. When I can't find that, it's time for the "Healthy Clean dump". Only Dirk W knows that move, which I have perfected over the years.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'd stop and find our who the owner was and politely explain what they are doing and why they shouldn't be doing it. Most likely the do not have a clue how much trouble they could get into. You can google https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=fine+for+dumping+carpet+cleaning+waste+water&oq=fine+for+dumping+carpet+cleaning+waste+water&gs_l=serp.3...12628.22469.0.22684.44.38.0.6.6.1.220.5662.0j36j2.38.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1._4ZqTGAoKlE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=da7dce54d6d4cfaf&bpcl=38626820&biw=1359&bih=768

Here is a .pdf from Tucson covering there laws
http://www.deq.pima.gov/pdf/Water/CarpetCleaningWastewaterDisposal.pdf

Oh and do not ever lift off a man hole cover...Not only a fine but you're going to jail@ Do NOT DO THAT!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would think most people don't know where the cleaner should be dumping the dirty water.

I posted a picture on here once about a cleaner dumping on my street. Nobody on here agreed with me about turning him in.
I wanted to turn him in because I didn't want the city blaming crap on me.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We have sewer lines built into most home right in the front pop the cap and drain, I have customers all the time saying the last guy put it in the street! At which I reply the first time You get caught its $350 the second time is a grand.

I had one guy run up on my Son and accues him of dumping cause there was water in the gutter, It was at a house I do all the time and they have a sewer line. My son said we didnt, but this jerk and his fat wife glared at us for an hour till we left.

Hell I want to go over there right now and dump a stinky load all over thier lawn!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom