How does a V or AT increase productivity??

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I got one now also and think it's great. It's not as fast but you can knock the shit off the hose as you roll it up and keep it out of the van.

Greenie

Dirk, your reel needs some bearing work...seriously.

All vac reels should have teflon bushings. I made some for our old worn rotovac wheels, made all the difference.

"or if your too old a dog to teach new tricks, suggest your your son-in-law try one out"

That was pretty funny, it's the old timers I have the most fun with, Loren is actually very progressive for one the "old guys", He actually figured out a Bayco valve improved his PM's vacuum, put glides on his Rotovac, and his SteamWay wand, and got that 2.5" hose working overtime, some younger fellas could learn from him.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie, I love man, but honestly, how much "real world" CCing experience do you have?
Did you work a year as Lisa's chimp before you kilt Moby?

The bayco i tried would run up to 15 then would cycle open and drop to 13.
That's not good enough for me.

I get more consistent vac with my stock valve.
If doesn't fluctuate a half HG when cycling.

Maybe your helping the guys who soak carpets, can't clean berbers, run live reels, or don't know piling their vac hoses in a jumbled mess robs them of air flow, but I'm not one of them.

I'll try anything, I just don't see all of it as "all that"

..L.T.A.

G

I cleaned an Apartment on the fourth floor of a building yesterday. 250 feet of hose. 600 SF. took 45 minutes including pre vac. I did not use a the rotary 175. came out great. Didn't have to use outside hose hook up with key, and rolled up the hose with auto reel. Man it was nice to be using a Vortex. This coming weekend I'll be cleaning 8000 SF in Lathrop CA. I bet It will go Alot quicker this time because I do have a big truck, It might take a little longer to get there VS going in my Chevy 2500 with powerclean freedom.

Greenie

Is that the best you got pops, I expected more from a dwarf.

Bayco cycling between 15" and 13" will walk all over a stock spring leaking at 14".
It's not my fault you don't understand vacuum relief valves, lord knows I tried.
How do I know it will out perform a spring, because i tested it my own damn self for more than an "hour" pops.

I may be green, but just because you do something wrong for 15 years, don't make it right.

Ain't no fun in proving a point to a Greenhorn, but a lil' bit of satisfaction showing the old farts a new trick.
I have the most fun with the old fart knowitalls, cause they watch gages when they should be watching the wand.

When you gonna pull that 2" $80 cork out of your 2.5" vac port and get serious, and quit holding back your vac?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"Is that the best you got pops, I expected more from a dwarf. "

I'll find something to pi$$ you off...

Honestly, I think there comes a point of diminishing returns vs wear and tear, weight, and PITA set ups.

97% of our jobs are under 125 ft of hose.
Most are 100ft or less.
If we're getting 1 to 2 hour dry times (by what some of YOU define "dry" as) I just don't see a need to make life any more cumbersome for minimal gains.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom