How long does it take you to clean a staircase?

Mikey P

Administrator
using the *** method it would take me 2 hours. :shock:

y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omQQL3VuZNsy]

"50 thousand cleaners sharing tips."

Come on Rob there may be 40 thousand in the whole country TOPS.

How long till he gets his TV Evangelist certification patch?

F

FB7777

Robs posted dozens of videos to help cleaners , is he wrong about everything?

stick a camera in Davis's hand and show the world how it's done hotshot

Name
Lee Stockwell
I do most with the floor tool. Ten minutes steps and risers. Wipe with white towel.

If I want to put on a dog and pony show, or if very difficult, I'll grab the stair tool and nosing tool. Then it takes 20 minutes.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I hit them with the big wand, prespray, agitate with a 12" oreck with brush , use handtool with 2 jets to avoid pile distortion and then towel them down.

(Sorry, Werner I don't vac them for 10 munites first.)

If they have a lot of hair/lint they also get some hand brushing.

ascrubabove

15 min for the set of stairs in that vid with my 22" PC Stair tool.

filtration soil on stairs? are you kidding me! is the tv set on the stairs, air handler on the stairs, were they burning candels on the stairs? Mabey some normal dust, but not filtration soil.

Mikey P

Administrator
the carpet cleaning world can only handle one Jimmy Swaggart.

and besides most of you girls could not clean a staircase 100% with a Ti wand like I do.

No wic or call backs.

and done in under 10 minutes for $85.

How long would Jimmy's over the top phony process take, really?

I guarantee you he never clean steps that way when he was on the truck that one day back in 94

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey P said:
and besides most of you girls could not clean a staircase 100% with a Ti wand like I do.
No call backs.

We were always under the impression that you had lots of repeat business :cry: :cry: :cry:
Another fallen hero.
I just don't know how much more I can take. Ivebeensold

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I hate stairs. Hard to charge what their worth. takes me about 20 minutes with a stair tool but it is tough back breaking work.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Wyatt Earp said:
I just don't know how much more I can take. Ivebeensold
Just about to the breaking point ehh, anything I can do to help with that....break ya, I mean? :twisted:
A nice small 5 pound box of Bon Bons, shipped over night, will dry the tears off my eyes :p

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Wyatt Earp said:
Seriously? :shock:

What did you learn in the stair cleaning video that you didn't already know?

Remember that a large portion of ***'s membership are newbies who literally know nothing. For them, it's more than they know now, and there isn't much else available (for free anyway).

For instance, how many staircases would a newbie do before they realized thay were leaving the bullnose too wet?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not to be a smartass but, one? I think if they left the bull nose too wet it would yellow out and they would get a call back on the first set he did.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Royal Man said:
If you post towel how can the bullnose be too wet?

That's my point. A newbie with no training would not even know it could be an issue and would have no inkling that post towelling might be beneficial.

For someone with even a little experience, it's a no-brainer, granted.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If they are that dense we should not be helping them, but rather sacrificing them in order to make the herd stronger. :p

May I suggest we start with Robison! :mrgreen:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
About 20 minutes, using my PC upholstery tool or my swivel stair tool, after pre-spray and brushing. Concentrate on the nose and dry with the same tool. Never would use a wand for steps, unless it's a short stack....maybe 3 steps. Floor wand looks too awkward if custy is watching. I think my custys really notice a great stair job if they were nasty to start with.

PCCN

Dang It Mikey,

You need to put a wake up alarm on this clip to keep us awake for this movie! Does Goodber Head actually think anyone could do all that and make adime off the job?

I'm sure most of the guys on this site clean tons of stairs every week, in thier own way, without a single problem, and all without taking hafl a day to do it.

And yea, just like a TV evangelist, he flip-flops. Started off telling us taht there is only "ONE" right way to clean stairs. they he goes on to say, that "you may have some variances you might do." Hmm, just like a TV preacher always flip-flopping.

Mikey P

Administrator
Floor wand looks too awkward if custy is watching. I think my custys really notice a great stair job if they were nasty to start with.

yet if they notice your rat nasty ass van that some how is OK?

:roll:

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I started to shoot a few videos, even posted on youtube to see how technical it was to accomplish, then folks who care about me said "dude don't film carpet sh.. any longer, if you do we're gonna hold and intervention". In hind sight I'm so glad they said something. Isn't it enough that we go out everyday to suck rugs-n-stuff, do we need to make freeking instructional films like what we do is important? Folks find this kind of movie helpful?....woe...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom