How long does it take you to wand a staircase?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
30 minutes ... usually...to to a set of stairs. Vacuum with the portapower first. I use the Saiger’s PMF dual jet swivel stair tool I won at auction on the board. Generally fabric protector is an easy sell for stairs. $100 for the standard stairway and $50 more if they buy the protector.

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

About 30 seconds a step at best.
Always a stair tool. Occasionally use a crb or nylon brush on bullnose and an occasional towel.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just the wanding portion...not vacuuming, pre spray or scrubbing..

Cleaning the risers last with a normal wand is kinda BASSACKWARDS! I hope this is a joke like the one you pulled in Atlanta, cleaning a couch with a stair tool.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cleaning a couch with a stair tool.

what's wrong with that?
on durable/non finicky fabrics with long and straight flat panels a larger tool rocks

You're allowed to turn down PSI and have a glide on the tool ...uno

Typical stair case time;
always wanded personally and detailed with hand tool when necessary .
empties blasted thru in 5 to 10 minutes
slower, more detailed pace in res and almost always hand tool detail finish there ...10 to 15

.L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Do the risers on the way up while wetting the bullnose with the jets. Cleaning the landing on the way down while vac hosing the bullnose every 4steps.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
unless their trashed.

like regular up 'n down dog knee/leg bump

and cuffing is bullchit hack way to "clean" (different from vacing excess moisture/dribbles)
hand tool flush/extract roll over is the way to clean moderate to severe "dog knee" bull nose right

.L.T.A.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Do the risers on the way up while wetting the bullnose with the jets. Cleaning the landing on the way down while vac hosing the bullnose every 4steps.

I agree... Risers on the way up, treads on the way down. No foot prints when done.

I'd imagine, Mike' last run on the way down is removing his foot prints (and dry strokes because he did none on first run)... Sssssssssss!:biggrin:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I agree... Risers on the way up, treads on the way down. No foot prints when done.

I'd imagine, Mike' last run on the way down is removing his foot prints (and dry strokes because he did none on first run)... Sssssssssss!:biggrin:
I bet mikey is punching his punching bag right now with my picture on it.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
A straight wand like the Hydrahoe is perfect for wanding stairs. I find it very awkward with an S-bend wand. I can hack them out in well under 30 seconds per stair, then upholstery tool the nose and riser. Less than 12.5 minutes total for most staircases.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've always priced normal basic stairs at 10 times my current s.f. price.
Side wraps, spoked, open, stair runners, wider than 3', etc. all additional.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It is a good tool............for upholstery. On a thick carpet it does not flush nada. Not designed for it either.

wasn't worth my time to tell him a spit bar upl tool wasn't the optimum choice to flush rinse

but since I'm here, I'll mention what the best is
it's an enclosed flood jet tool

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom