How long is your hose? Well......how far can you reach?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

We have a job coming up in a few weeks that is a distance away and I had the guys counting to make sure we had enough to reach, just in case I needed to order some..

We will be running 4-units the first 550ft, the second 400-ft, the third & fourth 300-ft.

Fortunately I won't have to buy any, we had enough, we even had several hundred feet to spare.

That made me wonder how much hose does everyone else have. :shock:

I know Ken and Oz must have a bunch! :mrgreen:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
2 TRUCKS 500 FT. EACH. Sounds like you need a Zipper for that one.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I used to have one some years back, good on some carpets bad on others. When I wore it out and couldn't buy another one, that is when I came up with the idea for the Zipper. It's been a long time since I heard the word Power Glide. If you ever need a handle, I still have it laying around. The Zipper uses the same solution lever and valve replacement kit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We normally only use them 1-2 a year, they are dinosaurs.

This carpet is in bad enough shape it needs HWE, we tested it with the Powerglides and it looked like new.

Once we get the "sink" cleaned out well, we will probably use Cimex's & Obots to maintain it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I mostly run 150 ft and under I carry 250 on each truck and own about 500 more in back up storage

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
350, but now that i bought that biz, maybe another 350-400...though some of his is in bad shape... :? :? how can it be i have had my hose for almost 9 yrs, and it was used then, and it still look better then hose thats 5-7???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
550 is a pretty long stretch without using a drop tank. Unless some of it is downhill.

How far away would you have to park to find a hill in Topeka?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How far away would you have to park to find a hill in Topeka?
Hey now! Lets talk sunshine....oh wait I'll have to explain that is first.

It's that thing that happens for those brief hours before raining and after cloudy! :p

We will actually run two setups off the 805 and one off of each of the Butler's with the 210 recovery tanks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
400 on the vac reel and two ...200 foot solution lines reels....

3 jobs that it takes every inch to get to the furthermost point.......

Able 1

Name
Keith
450 was my longest run 200' of 2.5(100' of the 2.5 was lent to me)
6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQg8txsJoY6]

Able 1 said:
i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQg8txsJoYi]

Dang that is impressive. How long did it take to set up?

D

dirt smackdown

I have 100 ft 2.5, 250 of 2inch ,and 45ish of 1.5 how many is that?? 4,602.1 square inches of girth
I use girth brooks, tm to door residential, then pig tail with 1.5 I carry the 1.5 in cuz well Its Oregon mud every where. but on total long runs its good to keep the hose size smaller as you go so you dont loose all the power at the tip. I would like to loose about 150 of the hose but then the reel looks neked. I am using a super high output unit. lol NOT!! if I am gonna spend 20k it gonna be on a hooker in Maui. :roll: Its a small framed unit I built, not too bad. suitorbilt 4.5 driven by onan 20. boxxer type engine. horizontal opposed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dirt smackdown said:
Its a small framed unit I built, not too bad. suitorbilt 4.5 driven by onan 20.

not a thing wrong with a 45 blower.
IMO, it's an ideal blower for a single wand TM.
and Onan is a damn good motor...as long as you don't have to replace the stator...

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
danielc said:
Able 1 said:
4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQg8txsJoY4]

Dang that is impressive. How long did it take to set up?

15-20 mins. I had the hoses numbered for my employee(brother). Still way faster then filling and dumping a porty.

steve frasier said:
did you notice any vac difference between 100' and 200' of 2.5" hose

800' on a butler is like using a portable, I thought the same as Larry

I wouldn't have done that job with any less then 200' of 2.5. I think there's a BIG difference when using 2.5 hose.
My van was loaded for that one...
001-5.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Effectively as in still had good vacuum & pressure, carpet cleaned up well and dried very quickly & customer was happy. In fact it was a 50k cleaning job 2 years ago as part of a restoration job. We ran at one point 8 trucks with hose lengths of 400-800 ft and did the whole job over the 4th of July weekend.

Ken

Bob Foster

Doc Holliday said:

Although many women are concerned about the length of my hose, once they see it they immediately have no concern. Occasionally I have been asked when the last time I cleaned it and some have even said they were amazed how much I had in that big unit of mine. I've been even told that I better not use that much. I also get asked if I use hose protection.

When I'm finished they always have a smile on their face and are really impressed at my attention to detail and tell me they would love to have me back and won't wait as long to call me again.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I Carry 200 feet on each of our 2 Butler vans. Seems to be plenty in our area. 100 feet is 2.5 inch. There have been hose runs of 300 feet or more and we just add more 2.5 inch to the hose run from van. I think I have 500 feet of 2.5 and then 1000 feet of 2 inch in the shop and vans. Also have over 1000 feet of high pressure line to go with it.

Mark Saiger

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've got 300 on the reel....200 2", and 100 21/2". Bring extra along if I need it. Had 300 stretched out yesterday and up one floor. Got a couple 100 foot pressure lines for those long lay outs.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Doc Holliday said:
We have a job coming up in a few weeks that is a distance away and I had the guys counting to make sure we had enough to reach, just in case I needed to order some..

We will be running 4-units the first 550ft, the second 400-ft, the third & fourth 300-ft.

First question is the 550ft. runs:
How high can you set your TM lift ? You will need ~17" for that length.
Second, make sure you have NO FOAM in the hose. Use defoamer, if there is any possibility.
Third, this a good application for 2.5" hose for the 1st few lengths (or 2 x 2").

Don't forget to increase the pump pressure also, for those long runs.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom