How many, if any TRUE one man shows do we have here?

Mikey P

Administrator
You answer the phones, you run the suck mop, you implement the marketing and you keep the books

The wife might only take the checks to the bank other than that, it's all you baby.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Me.

I do have an employee, but do the rest myself. For taxes, I get everything ready....my accountant fills out and submits the tax forms. And I have a payroll service that I use for employee checks.

Name
Bruce
rwcarpet said:
Me.

I do have an employee, but do the rest myself. For taxes, I get everything ready....my accountant fills out and submits the tax forms. And I have a payroll service that I use for employee checks.
Stick to the rules , if that was the case we would all be a one man show other then the people helping us.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I was until I hired full circle about 3 months ago. Now its me and them. I take my quickbooks file to my accountant.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Me....the wife and I crunch the paper work together at the end of the year and she does the data...

and i have what i call a part part timer....some months he may get 40 hrs others he may get 2.....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
JUst me and a helper. Having a helper has been one of the best decisions I ever made.

Pays for himself many times over.

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
JUst me and a helper. Having a helper has been one of the best decisions I ever made.

wasn't this 'best decision you ever made' engrained into your business acumen during the period of time that you grew your company up to 16 employees?

seriously Dave, its impossible keeping up with your inconsistencies

This thread is for TRUE 1 man shows, Einstein

Save your cut and paste sales strategies and Captain Obvious comments like " a helper pays for himself" for the Make More Money room

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
a One Man Show does not involve a helper, sorry.

lets get a few more outed than I have some questions.

Sorry ..."InQuirInG minD"... :roll:

Single Operators...."Don't exist...!"

Everyone has some family member or relationship ..that is somehow involved in the BIZ... !gotcha!

"A 1 man show ...is the OWNER who works on the truck...EVERYDAY."
With or without a part-time helper... :!:

Unless they are a total RECLUSE....someone ....will always be involved in the BIZ...!

FYI...."You are a 1 man show... :shock: "
And a SINGLE TRUCK OPERATOR."Because you can NEVER keep the KOTEX...running.":lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike Draper

floorguy said:
Me....the wife and I crunch the paper work together at the end of the year and she does the data...

and i have what i call a part part timer....some months he may get 40 hrs others he may get 2.....

I've seen dougy's 1 man show. Its called his "WIFE". Doug sits at home and sends his wifey out on the jobs. :lol:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I do not see how anyone can do much without some help for occupied residential and larger commercial. I do have 1-2 employees. How long could the company go on without my direct involvement? Not one day.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the missus does the pre-vac'ing on commercial jobs, i don't count.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I do all the work, my wife runs the phones before she goes to work at 2.00 . One helper this year on a 3000 sq ft strip and wax.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
I think you are wrong Harper.

I know we got some true soloists here

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "YOu always think "I" am wrong." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are you going with this,,,,????

WHY...do I have the feeling that ANYONE who attaches their name to this LIST....with be put-
down...ridiculed...deMEANed...& labled as a LOOOOOOOOser..... :idea:

Sucess should be ....DEFINED....by each individuals expections of the life they choose to LIVE... :!:

"IMO...Jim Martin is one of the MORE sucessful cleaners in the country...!"

REMEMBER...."It is NOT what you make.................It is what you KEEP..." :idea:

The FINEST cleaners in this INDUSTRY. "Are smart enough to NEVER be involved on an InTerNeT bb"

Bob Foster

Bob Foster said:
Me, except she who must be obeyed does the books because she's an accountant.

I do all the cleaning, answer the phones maintain the trucks, pay all the bills, collect the receivables and do all the billing - that seems like Solo to me.

That will change. I hired a helper for the first time last week for an evening restaurant job. - He moved crap and pre-sprayed - I was in heaven for $40 (2 hours @$20).

Weakest link I have is I have never sent a reminder card to a single client ever. EDIT ... I meant to say Service Monster is in my future in Jan.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Since 1970 I have been a one man show on the truck. When my daughters were young, sometimes they would help me in the summer, to give them something to do. Never had a helper employed other than that.

My wife or I will answer the phone and book a job when we are around. She pays all the bills. I make the purchases, and design any marketing literature.

No plans on hiring a helper in the future.

Name
Bruce
Dave Brokum said:
[quote="Dave Yoakum":184zzi7z]JUst me and a helper. Having a helper has been one of the best decisions I ever made.

wasn't this 'best decision you ever made' engrained into your business acumen during the period of time that you grew your company up to 16 employees?

seriously Dave, its impossible keeping up with your inconsistencies

This thread is for TRUE 1 man shows, Einstein

Save your cut and paste sales strategies and Captain Obvious comments like " a helper pays for himself" for the Make More Money room[/quote:184zzi7z] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that I've stopped laughing.

The True one man show will be the new guys getting into the business. I did it for 5 years before I talked my wife into quitting her job.

F

FB7777

HARPER said:
Mikey P said:
I think you are wrong Harper.

WHY...do I have the feeling that ANYONE who attaches their name to this LIST....with be put-

I think its more about Service Monster ... who'd a thought back in the 80s when I had a rotary phone on a desk in my bedroom at my folks house that in 2011 we'd be running offices in the i-clouds :shock:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dave Brokum said:
HARPER said:
[quote="Mikey P":3fz9ht5p]I think you are wrong Harper.

I think its more about Service Monster ... who'd a thought back in the 80s when I had a rotary phone on a desk in my bedroom at my folks house that in 2011 we'd be running offices in the i-clouds :shock:[/quote:3fz9ht5p]

"Soooooooooo.....It is another sHiLL - tHreAd... !gotcha! "

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
It's crazy to NOT have at least a part time helper, especially at 58. If something befalls a single operator, he's (or she's) screwed. At least with a helper trained YOUR way, your business can continue. I really believe custys appreciate seeing 2 workers on a big job. Hell....anyone can whip out a few family rooms a day, but a whole house with furniture?? I have a lot of custys ask "do you have a helper"? I tell them he's out getting the truck ready.

S.O.'s......do yourself a favor and get a helper.

Mikey P

Administrator
you two crab cakes can KMA

Let's start with these..

If you are true one man show..

-How is your lower back?
-Do you have signs of carpal tunnel?

-When in a conversation with the home owner who's carpet you are cleaning right then and the phone rings do you let it go to message or tell Mrs Pift "Sorry I have to get this, it's next month's rent on the line..."
-How much time do you spend talking to the new client while the truck is running?
-Do you carry a note pad or fire up your Ipad to book the appointment, while the truck is running..?

-Five or 6 days a week?
-When was your last vacation and for how long?

-Are you fully content being a OO?
-Did you use to have employees or office help?
-Do you hope to?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom