How to Make a Million Dollars Cleaning Commercial Carpet With a Cimex and Releasit

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've done up to 20 floors with a truck mount but it all depends on the set up. I have some buildings that are 150 ft just to the door. The high rises we do often don't have continuous stairwells. The only way to do it is with a portable or Cimex etc.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
wam bam thank you maam.

we knocked out a hotel on base 100 rooms, with vlm plus drapes and powerwashed entire bldg and cleaned windows.

their maintenance guys do a phenomenal job, vlm was awesome and they had rooms put back together very quickly.

great acct came as a referral.

not a fan powerwashing off a lift @ 40' though. bout wet my britches more than once lol

7E1ECB52-5FD8-48BF-8E23-78A283507FF8.png

I have no accounts that high. But I bid them. If they let the carpets go and want a 1 time clean, I price myself out of those. Not interested in cleaning somebody's filth because they choose to ignore it for free or for McDonald's wages. Now if they want to clean it up and prevent it from becoming that way again, I'm all about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Who walks on commercial floor wearing white socks?

Even if you did clean with HWE on com floors, how long does it hold up before blackening the white sock since ya only clean one time a year?

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
wish i could get .50/sq

after drapes and carpet sq ft we were around .22 combined.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
.50 is extremely unlikely... Not if you want reoccurring accouts.. you would get laughed out of the building cause they can find someone to do it for .06 sf at 4x/yr

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
.50 is extremely unlikely... Not if you want reoccurring accouts.. you would get laughed out of the building cause they can find someone to do it for .06 sf at 4x/yr

i know its very unlikely :biggrin:

ive been self employed 10yrs

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74 and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I know you know... Im talking along with you to the cleaning hotshot.

.15 is a high rate, .05 is normal rate, maintenance accounts in between. The only way to make any decent money is by doing a lot of sqft in a day. And that we can do.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
.15 is a high rate, .05 is normal rate, maintenance accounts in between. The only way to make any decent money is by doing a lot of sqft in a day. And that we can do.
You are thinking with cleaning your way. We make far more per hour cleaning commercial carpet for commercial rates. You have to be able to be high production.

This kind of carpet cleaning is usually not very soiled, beyond entries, the funnel areas are only moderately soiled. No need to flush them every cleaning. Flush the entry and maintenance clean the rest.

It's all about budget, and fitting in what systems you can implement to keep their facilities at its highest level of appearance.

You do however need to be more than a one trick pony. You also have to think be able to think beyond the residential rate mind set.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
You are thinking with cleaning your way. We make far more per hour cleaning commercial carpet for commercial rates. You have to be able to be high production.

This kind of carpet cleaning is usually not very soiled, beyond entries, the funnel areas are only moderately soiled. No need to flush them every cleaning. Flush the entry and maintenance clean the rest.

It's all about budget, and fitting in what systems you can implement to keep their facilities at its highest level of appearance.

You do however need to be more than a one trick pony. You also have to think be able to think beyond the residential rate mind set.

Orale
my beaner friend!

We have our share and get a fair hourly rate only because of the cleaning style and sqft per hr. We are more interested in maintaining the carpets for the long haul. And have proven that we can extend replacement 5 or 10 yrs beyond their previous intervals plus the overall condition of the floors stay clean. Subsequent cleans are never as bad as the first. After several cleans the floors hardly show any traffic patterns except for turn areas. We have created a proven system that works.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have (8) Cimex's, (2) Orbots and a Vibe. We will clean to the conditions of the carpet. Sending multiple machines on larger projects to get in, get it done and out of there.

I've never had a facilities manager ask what method we are going to use. If there is ever a question of results, we will do and test cleaning. That always locks them in. We do work for lots of large corporations, government offices, city, state, country, banks and churches.

If u lined them thangs up and marched them down the hall like a herd of goats the dust be so bad hazmat shut the building down. Only thing I see is you bought the marketing

Most corps jus care about the bottom line on the invoice, until they have to replace the carpets. We take the jobs that want them clean not cleaned.

IMG_20120828_174801.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If u lined them thangs up and marched them down the hall like a herd of goats the dust be so bad hazmat shut the building down. Only thing I see is you bought the marketing
I'm sure it's tough for you to see anything with that narrow mind. Hard as it may be for you to believe there are many ways to skin a cat.

I know we tried you way using 6 TM's and 12 men to process the same building that later we cleaned with 6 men in 1/3 of the time. To top that, the results were better with the low moisture. Been cleaning that same account for 10 years that way.

The only dust you'll see is when someone that knows what they are doing comes and takes your accounts from you. It would be easy, we can do it faster, cheaper and it would not only look better but stay cleaner longer!

What town did you say you lived in? 😉

Get with it Harley, old goats can learn new tricks. lol

LOL we loose accounts all the time to the lower price. 6months a yr later I get the call "hey this is such n such can you come look at our building? The company we been using can't seem to get the stains out and we would like to see if they can be cleaned or do we have to replace them again? That's a real conversation we get every few months. Over and over yr after yr. The next time I clean this one large building I will take a pic of what's on their wall. Something to the effect that if any carpets need cleaning in this building they must call ACC. Kinda funny to me though. Lost that account fer a yr had it back now for about 2.

We have signage on all vans. Don't need to be stickn out loud if yer work is good. We b stayn busy as a one legd man in an ass kickn contest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Easy...take it easy. I was just funnin with ya. I wouldn't take accounts from you.

Now my cousin that lives a town away might, if he knew you was a pony. But I won't tell him. 😉

Last edited:
In all seriousness we target homes and high end commercial. Try to keep commercial to 5000ft and up. Lotsa work from carpet stores. Lots of high end work from Interior Designers. We don't want it all, we'll maybe but no apartments

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom