how to read a jet?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Common Usage maybe

Is there any one particular jet favored over another in specific tools?Which tools do you run them in?My Wife and I are Fairly Green to this and if there is any benefit to Hot Rodding jets so to say. Im game for a lesson fellas.Currently we own8908 Counter tool - Bone stock 2 jet 1501 jetsCarpet Wands x 2 - 2 jet 11002360i all heads stock jets- oh and a 1970s looking upholstery tool- no idea sorry, works good though.If this topic crosses some ancient cc'ers voodoo secret handshake, I'll wait to earn my wings I guess.Chris stupid computer won't paragraph arrrgghh.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Tools generally come with the optimal jets for the tool. The people designed the tool usually know what they are doing :) where you can make changes usually depends on the machine your running. If your running a big machine with high vacuum you can go with a bigger net (more water) because you can recover it. Also you will see a heat drop on smaller heat exchange machines with higher flow as the water is moving faster through the exchanger not allowing it time to heat up. I'm sure more will reply but that's a start call Monday of you want to talk more.

Reactions: GCCLee

Able 1

Name
Keith
Like John said there is a sweet spot for all different machines.. For me .09 flow(.015 across a 6 jet to wand) is the best when cleaning heavily soil carpet. For lightly soiled I run .06 flow (.01 a cross a 6 jet ti wand) and I can save some water this way also.

I really whouldn't mess with any tile cleaning tools jets, reason being with smaller jets you will get a sharper more penetrating spray.. JMO I really don't clean all that much tile..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I want to play around with different jets on my sx-12
how do I read a jet?
my SX_12 has Veejet 1/8 ss MEG 0502
thanks

If you have enough pump GPM . . .

you could go up one size to 0503 jets.

Your water consumption would increase of course, but the cleaning would be faster.

In regard to TM HX's, they deliver more total BTU's when the flow is higher.

Less temperature, but more GPM.

Larry

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Like John said there is a sweet spot for all different machines.. For me .09 flow(.015 across a 6 jet to wand) is the best when cleaning heavily soil carpet. For lightly soiled I run .06 flow (.01 a cross a 6 jet ti wand) and I can save some water this way also.

I really whouldn't mess with any tile cleaning tools jets, reason being with smaller jets you will get a sharper more penetrating spray.. JMO I really don't clean all that much tile..

You guys are Awesome! Keepin it real for us newbs, mucho gracias

I would agree on Tile Jets!

Sticking with Big Guys advice up there though, if it ain't broke don't fixit dummy, lol

Chris

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
hello! If he goes up in size he doesn't have to stay there.

Try a bigger jet opening. Heck even try a bigger angle. If you hate it you can always go back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom