How'd you finish?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well, it's pretty much in the bag. How did everyone do?

We sold @ 18% more in 2014 than 2013. I'm pretty happy with that but want to do better next year. I will be a bit more aggressive on Facebook in 2015 in an attempt to get another guy/truck going.

It looks like my 1st quarter was LEAN. We sell half in the first quarter of what we sell in the other 3 quarters. I wish there was a way to even it out without expanding janitorial. Janitorial can be great when it's lean but it gets in the way when we are busy. Just some growing pains I imagine.

1 month from today, my fam is taking a cruise. I could probably learn to like the slow season...IF we can KILL IT the other 3 quarters.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Should be up a little over 12% when we finish billing the next few days. :cool:

thisyear_zps31e0f054.jpg

Good year for us, especially since February was the worst ever. This year would have been great had February just been normal.
BUT over all, I'll take it! :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Russ T.

steve_64

i havent a clue yet lol
well i feel it was a good year, my body tells me that.

hopefully genny and the new accountant will help me get things in better order. i hate doing office work, especially after working all day.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea but I don't have to enjoy it! :winky:

In the field the day passes faster and its still enjoyable to be the hero.

In the office I have exaggerate about being the hero back in the day! :biggrin:

Reactions: steve_64

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
IF we can KILL IT the other 3 quarters.

Russ, we had the coldest winter EVER, everyone dealing w/it had a difficult time(except Mark who lives for -20!:rockon:). Just be happy you made it through and are still going!

For us it was still snowing in April, basically an extra two months of winter.

The year total, best EVER by FAR for us. Very lucky and thankful for the year we had.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Awesome Jerry!!!

Our first quarter was dismal. Just painful.

We are a cleaning company and don't do much restoration. I really don't want to. But, that's another way to really turn the numbers around in the cold months.

I remember seeing on our local news last Winter, that Iowa was colder than Alaska for the Winter.

I already want Spring and to get the camper out!

Reactions: Jerry

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
It's not over yet....but, all in all, for the horrible winter we had that really knocked us on our ass, we rebounded. Due to keeping overhead and admin costs down, we will meet plan for net profit, even thought we didn't meet our goal for sales revenue. So, we'll take it and look forward to an amazing 2015!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We are finishing strong right on track for our 5 year plan we set 18 months ago.
Up 28% for the year.
Next year will be a challenge with how strong our restoration was from the cold.

We have our 2015 marketing plan in place and our strategic plan ready for launch in 2015.
Excited for how our team will do.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Last year was better than the two years before that, this year was better than last year, next year is gonna be THE YEAR!!!

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
We had 14% more Job but sales only increased 7%-- Hum. we also had a slow 1st quarter. I think profits will be down because I've been spending/investing a lot on improvements trying to get to the next level.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm way up - If I take just what I made in the business alone last year and compare it to this year I am up 214%. If I compare my total gross last year and compare it to this year I'll be up 64%. I don't think I'll hit those growth numbers in 2015, however since I am expanding to other industries, there is a still a chance. Those number are gross sales. I contribute the growth to removing the fear of failing. I always kept a part-time job or two for a little income for security. When I solely focused on the business it put my feet to the fire so to speak. Best thing I ever did was put the pedal down and go for it. I am getting better at what I do all of the time and looking to get the business out of my home in 2015 and hiring another 1 or 2 employees.

I have about 10 months or so left in my degree and I'll have another opportunity to create another service by offering web application development in the near future. I am hoping to be able to develop some things specifically for the cleaning industry. I keep a close eye on the techy type threads where people voice what they want and there are a few things I am seeing quite the demand for.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Chris A

Name
Chris
Better than last year! Hopefully next year will be better than this year

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We actually will end up being up 15%! :cool:

Damn now we have to start all over. :icon_neutral:

The trick will be to maintain or increase it and not fall back.
We have the infrastructure, we just need the work. :winky:

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Coming into 2015 HOT!

It's turning out to be a HUGE week for us. I laughed a little when Meg said "It's not over yet" but she was right.

I was actually able to call the mark back in August. I'll miss by less than 2K on what I estimated we could sell if we knocked it outa the park!

Thanks again for playing a part in the success of our biz.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Was down about 7k after the 3rd Qtr. . Will some of that up in the 4th Qtr. If I add in my home flipping, I'll be way up.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Just ran the number's finished in the top 2% of all small business. Proud of our team.

December was down like I said water was unbelievable this last year. We had a nice little WD job come in yesterday.

Time to rest for a couple days and put the pedal to the floor in 2015.

I have 30 large rugs sitting in the back that need cleaned next week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom