I am still curious- no answers?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
Bye Brian, Nice knowing you. You've turned into a pissy bitch the last few days. I thought you could take it, until you decided to defend Cole. Sad Sad.

BTW- Nothing that Harper says has to do with the way I feel about Cole or you. I now feel you are Coles' little bitch. It's pretty sad, because I actually liked you until now.

Where you goin?

Take it? And not respond you mean? I assure you there is nothing to "take" from you or the Harp man. Just a bunch of made up stories and accusations that are really just rediculous when it comes down to it.

So I can be your best friend if I will just be your punching bag? You can go F yourself Douglas.
When I said "PM party" I didn't mean prostate massage but it appears to be the case.
Have fun with that.

By the way, I didn't defend cole, I only responded to you guys not knowing what the F you are talking about...as usual.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
danielc said:
I was going to say something but I will just keep my mouth shut.

Brian I love your network site.

Keep up the good work.

If you need anything from me besides the obvious just let me know.

For what it's worth you are a funny guy.

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84VqqCPI7w6]

Thanks Daniel.

Doug SS is a bait and switch. A lady told me yesterday her friend used them and they quoted her 99 dollars to clean her carpets. When they arrived they started talking fast about extra services but never gave her a price or got a signature authorizing the work. They handed her a bill for 800 dollars and she paniced. They said "well we have already done the extra work so you will have to pay." She called her husband and he came home and kicked them out. They ended up not paying because SS never got a signature. I have heard several stories like that about them. I guess there are just so many people that they will never have to do a quality job and can reallly sell hard because the pool of victims is limitless if you market to enough people.

Even Ken Snow talked about the number of customers they serviced. I think he said 16,000 residential jobs not including rugs. That really isn't a lot of volume when you think that there are probably a million homes in his area. Ok it is a lot of volume but there is plenty of room to grow. Ken's business is not shady like that though. The Chem Dry's are even worse. They are the biggest bait and switches of all. I have a feeling I am going to explode just because people really appreciate great service at a fair price.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
[quote="Doug Cox":b42u6yop]Bye Brian, Nice knowing you. You've turned into a pissy bitch the last few days. I thought you could take it, until you decided to defend Cole. Sad Sad.

BTW- Nothing that Harper says has to do with the way I feel about Cole or you. I now feel you are Coles' little bitch. It's pretty sad, because I actually liked you until now.

Where you goin?

Take it? And not respond you mean? I assure you there is nothing to "take" from you or the Harp man. Just a bunch of made up stories and accusations that are really just rediculous when it comes down to it.

So I can be your best friend if I will just be your punching bag? You can go F yourself Douglas.
When I said "PM party" I didn't mean prostate massage but it appears to be the case.
Have fun with that.

By the way, I didn't defend cole, I only responded to you guys not knowing what the F you are talking about...as usual.[/quote:b42u6yop]

HeY...pRinCess..

I have ..."NEVER"... recieved a PM from Doug...or...Lee... :shock: :roll:

NOT A cOnSpiraCy...going on HERE... :roll:

Maybe 99% of this board is NOT .."ImpreSSed"..with your BIZ MODEL.... :idea:

ps.. If your HEaD is Up GREG'S ..."ass"...Your are BOUND to get cAuGhT in the CROSSFIRE..:!:

pss..You want to be a little CleArEr...on what you BELIEVE..I..made UP.. :?:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
God Harper where do I start?...How about just all the crap you spew about what you "think" my life and business are like. That should keep you busy.

That 1% is more respected in this industry.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
How about just ...ONE...thing.. :roll:

That would be a START... :!: Can you handle that.. :idea:

CricKets... :arrow:

Lets play fill in the blank... :!:

Joe Harper said that my business is _______"This is NOT true"

Joe Harper said ________about me personally."This is NOT true"

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Doug Cox said:
Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon.

Where do u get your data Doug. I have 3 10+ truck competitors in my market that are very good companies. I could argue it is shlocky OO's that are the prob.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
[quote="Doug Cox":3in1a6p7]Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon.

Where do u get your date Doug. I have 3 10+ truck competitors in my market that are very good companies. I could argue it is shlocky OO's that are the prob.[/quote:3in1a6p7]

Post to end all posts

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:

So what I am hearing (reading) is that you are denying everything you've said. Looking for me to list an occasion so you can esplain your way out of it. somewhat amuse
Sounds like you're feeling a little regret. Wanna talk about it? !gotcha!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm sorry Ken. I should have probably put the word "shitty" with "high volume". I was not referring to you.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It was my opinion, Ken. You would agree that if you do subpar work without expanding, sooner or later you will run out of customers.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
HARPER said:

So what I am hearing (reading) is that you are denying everything you've said. Looking for me to list an occasion so you can esplain your way out of it. somewhat amuse
Sounds like you're feeling a little regret. Wanna talk about it? !gotcha!

Jeeze...mArY...."BoxEr ...or...BrEiF'S"... :roll:

Greg and I,,,were "ShadOw BoxInG"....in this thread... :!:
ANd ..I throw a LOW BLOW...on GREG...and somEhOw...you get a "cOnCuSsioN"... :lol:
You SlithErEd into the thread...To wOrShIp your IDOL..and "I didn't realize you were DOWN
THERE.. :oops:

For almost 2 years ...you & I have gone @ IT...Hot & HeaVy... :mrgreen:
I don't GAS...what Greg does.... :roll: "it is HIS railroaD"
As for ..Ken..He has my UT-MOST respect..! "He does NOT have an EASY JOB..."

NOW...as for "U"...my little ..."tEnder-fOOT"... :idea:

I am "CONCERNED"...about "U"... :shock:
Your VENTURE...is 100 TimEs more DIFFICULT than the 2 above mentioned.. !gotcha!

There is "ONE"...major advantage they have over "U"...."OperAtiNG CAPITAL".... :shock:

It is difficult to GROW a BIZ...on a "shoe-string"...BUdJeT...!!!...AS "U" KNOW... !gotcha!

MY ..AbuSe of your biz moDeL..Is NOT with MALICE..."You are "ONE"..hArd HeaDed TURD.. :p
The "ONE" thing that is @ your DISPOSAL.."Which..By- the- WAY"...IS FREE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS THE "TRUTH".... :idea:

HUMBLE..yourself...and.."CHANGE"..your WEB-SITE..to incorporate the TRUTH... :idea:

You WILL..attract a BETTER CLIENTELE... !gotcha!
More along the lines of ANGIES LIST....Explain your companies ROLL in the cleaning INDUSTRY.
Give them a HISTORY of your experience's in the Biz ..& ASSURE them that ALL of your
PREFFERED VENDORS....are EXCELLANT COMPANIES....and YOU will personally GUARENTEE
their SATISFACTION.!!!!!!!!

There are 100's cleaners on THIS..BOARD..."That could VAULT "U" to the TOP... :!:
BUT...Quality Cleaner's...Can NOT..operate on 50%.... :roll: You could operate on a
Pay per Leed...program ...or an HONEST 10% of the GROSS...DO THE MATH... :shock:

The STANDARD RATE for many SERVICE industries is 10% profit to the CONTRACTOR...!
There is "NO" reason you can't GuArEnTEE their WORK.."YOU CONTROL THE MONEY"..!!
You could EVEN require a 10% "RETAINER" of $1000.00..to "CYA"...if you get a BAD SUB.!

There are a MILLOIN more IDEAS.. !gotcha! "JUST COME CLEAN WITH YOUR CLIENT'S"

It will build LOYALITY.... :arrow:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Doug Cox said:
It was my opinion, Ken. You would agree that if you do subpar work without expanding, sooner or later you will run out of customers.

Yes I would agree with that and also with the expanding. I still don't follow the connection to your original comment "Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon. Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon."

Where do you get the data for your opinion? I am quite certain myself that it is the exact opposite and that high volume companies get to be that because of repeat business.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My biz model isn't yours...that's obvious.

I understand your "tuff luv" way of screwing with me. I get a tickle out of it. shiteatinggrin

I started the Network Home Services for the very reasons you state.

In the two areas that I work in, it's different.
I do control the quality and the Techs do make money.

No way in hell can I do everything it takes to bring in customers AND uphold a the high standards that I do and only rake in 10%. You are smarter than that Harpman.

After "my" 50%, I only see maybe 10% of that as it is.

The Network Home Services is "hands off" as far as scheduling and dealing with customers etc etc etc.
That's how I can get away with only charging $40.00 per month.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ken Snow said:
[quote="Doug Cox":11m8n0r2]Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon.

Where do u get your date Doug. I have 3 10+ truck competitors in my market that are very good companies. I could argue it is shlocky OO's that are the prob.[/quote:11m8n0r2]

I agree Ken! It really is the O&o's that wander in and out of our industry that gives us a bad name. They always get on the "B&s people are bad" bandwagon, but rarely spend anytime to develop themselves or their business, in a post above one guy wrote that he "had a feeling he was going to explode" WOW! Naive in my opinion. I don't go into a market with a feeling, I go in with a concrete plan to explode.

Most individual cleaners think that it is the POWER of the equipment that matters! It's a great sales job by the manufacturers and distributors. Portable or low end truck mount or even a high end unit, I believe that it is the guy pushing the wand that matters most. NOT the size of the blower, or the hp, etc
My question is simple: if it's all about the equipment and not the individual and the marketing plan- how are you any better than anyone else? Couldn't you just go buy 3 trucks and be slammed?

Word of mouth business is great but it is long and tedious with a lot of risk. It will easily support a 1-3 truck operation but will rarely get any bigger.

P.s. NO- one has answered my question yet!

I'm still waiting on an answer how you are going to build a 7 mill per year business as a bait and switch and what your net would possibly be?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ken Snow said:
[quote="Doug Cox":1v23auf9]It was my opinion, Ken. You would agree that if you do subpar work without expanding, sooner or later you will run out of customers.

Yes I would agree with that and also with the expanding. I still don't follow the connection to your original comment "Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon. Most volume companies don't rely on repeat business. They just cover large areas to prey on unsuspecting people to replace the ones they've already preyed upon."

Where do you get the data for your opinion? I am quite certain myself that it is the exact opposite and that high volume companies get to be that because of repeat business.[/quote:1v23auf9]

Repeat business is where the money is. Unfortunetly I operate in a market where the resident turnover is insane!
I could turn off the advertising spigot tomorrow and we would make money hand over fist for 12-18 months and then slowly watch everything crumble.
Your marketing plan is just like a garden. It needs to be constantly cared for and new plants inserted

What I am really saying is your repeat rate is probably non existent regardless to what you say and forget about referrals. So is your plan to just keep reinvesting capital to push numbers higher or are you going to keep what you make?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
I'm still waiting on an answer how you are going to build a 7 mill per year business as a bait and switch and what your net would possibly be?
Already answered read my other posts! ADD perhaps? somewhat amus

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
danielc said:
Ken how many residential jobs did your guys complete last year?

Just residential.

We completed exactly 34,900 residential cleaning jobs last year (interesting round number)~ does not include rug cleaning, commercial, water/fire restoration or retail sales in our showrooms.

Ken Snow said:
danielc said:

Just residential.

We completed exactly 34,900 residential cleaning jobs last year (interesting round number)~ does not include rug cleaning, commercial, water/fire restoration or retail sales in our showrooms.

35k jobs is really like half of one zip code. So there is plenty of room to grow or in other companies situations to just keep rolling over people while marketing to new customers.

Bob Foster

Ken Snow said:
danielc said:

Just residential.

Loard thunderin geezus! :shock:

Ken Snow said:
Okay, and your point? Our business is not like that. A. Our price for and a hall is about $92 and we are not getting that many new callers on a day to day hour by hours basis. Most are time and again repeats often 2nd, 3rd or even 4th generation and most are in our order entry system. A simple keying in of a phone number or address, pop in what they want, when they want it and they are back to their life and we have a $135.00 job set up (average ticket)

34,900 x average ticket of $135 = $4,711,500.00 - talkin about farting through silk :shock:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
What I am really saying is your repeat rate is probably non existent regardless to what you say and forget about referrals. So is your plan to just keep reinvesting capital to push numbers higher or are you going to keep what you make?

Far from non existent! You really should read all posts ! Lol my repeats base is enormous! Cost conscious customers are a little different than the ones that call the O&Os .
The only challenge in discount carpet cleaning is that the buying cycle is long. Average time between jobs is 24-36 months.
Factor in that Atlanta residents are transient and we have a 23.4% resident turnover annually and you have massive attrition.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if might hi-jack this thread for an odd observation.....

reading deep between the lines of this thread, it's become apparent to me, that Brian and Harper are really secret lovers
I look for them to be swapping spit in public anytime now

Unfortunately , I fear the differences between Harpdaddy and Greg, are too irreconcilable for the slightest hope of even flirtatious wink to blossom .....

..L.T.A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom