I can't wait to go clean carpet tomorrow with my new wand!

Mikey P

Administrator
Truth…

You know I’m a wand hoe, but are there any advantages over my SS12?
1. you can step down to four flow, if you are at 6 on the SS and get the same performance and better dry times.
2. no over spray
3. heavier, but not too heavy so nicer on some pile types
4. triangle shape has it's advantages.
5. no cuff adaptor needed if you use a whip
6. shinier
7. less jets to maintain

SS12 positives
1. much lighter.
2. sic @$$ Glide swapping
3. Hard Surface Glide
4. lower head in the center

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
1. you can step down to four flow, if you are at 6 on the SS and get the same performance and better dry times.
2. no over spray
3. heavier, but not too heavy so nicer on some pile types
4. triangle shape has it's advantages.
5. no cuff adaptor needed if you use a whip
6. shinier
7. less jets to maintain

SS12 positives
1. much lighter.
2. sic @$$ Glide swapping
3. Hard Surface Glide
4. lower head in the center
I didn’t think about the flow thing. At 4 flow, the droplet size from bigger jets likely cancels out the extra flow advantage from 6 flow.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Well I was very surprised that in my version of God's country yesterday on that thick filthy carpet how quick it was drying was six flow at 400 PSI but I still plan on dropping it down to four

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Well I was very surprised that in my version of God's country yesterday on that thick filthy carpet how quick it was drying was six flow at 400 PSI but I still plan on dropping it down to four
God is known for giving life, your area is the opposite as it’s dead.

• Haha
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Anyone who is concerned about overspray should try the Mach 12 from PMF. The side wings tend to keep everything on the carpet. Lightest wand I have.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Too light
exactly. That is another point on the pcqj being my choice. Since all carpet I clean is on the ground, having some weight to it gives it better agitation, and dry time. With the glide helping it slide around it is perfect. Besides bringing it into the job once on site, it is all about gravity to help bring it back down to the truck. Thankfully in this business its all on the floor. Let the weight be your helper.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
exactly. That is another point on the pcqj being my choice. Since all carpet I clean is on the ground, having some weight to it gives it better agitation, and dry time. With the glide helping it slide around it is perfect. Besides bringing it into the job once on site, it is all about gravity to help bring it back down to the truck. Thankfully in this business its all on the floor. Let the weight be your helper.
I agree. Except that little 11"er. 2 more inches (pcti) will help you enjoy your job even more

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I agree. Except that little 11"er. 2 more inches (pcti) will help you enjoy your job even more
Im mostly residential. All the tight spots and little closets and corners I prefer the PCQJ. The Mach 15 is on standby for larger areas than average. Awkwardly light too.

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You dont get to have an opinion in a wand thread.

20 years and three wands later creates a "I want" list that Im not interested in.

BTW, a proper wand should be the following:

Comfortable
Affordable
Built to take abuse
Able to rinse and extract without streaks or soak the pad
Easy to work on
Easy to swap out Glides.

$1500 price tags, curb feelers and moisture meters have no appeal to the gen pop.
And ummm this bad boyz for sale with all the custom upgrades.

I do agree, not one wand works for everything.

Reactions: Cleanworks

SamIam

Name
sam miller
a TI version of the QJ, with a window, would be the holey grail of wands. A real game changer...
Yeah but one of the things I loved about the weight was it was great for olefin berber.

No skip and sealed great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom