I guess WOC and *** have more POGs than MB..

hogjowl

Idiot™
I truly H-O-P-E that machine works! I hope it can provide adequate suction to allow a cleaner the ability to actually clean with good drying times and psi to function well. I doubt it will ... it probably will just be another EWIT. (electroweenie and a truck), but I hope I am wrong!

Mikey P

Administrator
Let's say you could actually get resi carpet clean and dry in under 24 hours...
and it don't take an hour of set up and breaker box repair..

For that price/cost of operation, running a few minivans seams very doable..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Electrics can kick ass. Mine does!!

Psi of 500 or so is easy, So can be heat with a propane heater. Getting a lot of vac without going over 2 cords can be the hard part. Vacs becoming more efficient with less amp draw can help a lot to overcome that hurdle.

*** and WOC got the head up before Mikey because they also have a relationship to sell the product.

If Mikey changed his site to a product sales forum instead of an opinion forum he could then become a member of that same club.

I pray that never happens.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Electrics can kick ass. Mine does!!
Lets not get crazy here, I mean they certainly have advantages of cost of purchase, low cost of use and few mechanical problems.

However there are also a few con's, electrical supply cords are no fun to hassle with, blowing breaks won't earn you any points either (especially if someone loses their work on a PC), you must have power to operate (usually not a problem but could be with rentals), working in the rain with power cords was never any fun either.

I like them best for commercial work, being able to bring more power than a portable without needing to use extended hose runs from a TM.

I prefer a conventional TM any day to an electric but if it means guys will buy one and quit using portables, I'm all for it!!! :mrgreen:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When cleaning rug it is essential to first use a broom to push off any debris before stone cleaning upon the nearest river. Frequent rinsing is required then rug is manuevered under a bright sun to dry.

PCCN

Sorry to sound so dumb guys, but all I see is a sharp looking photo with a name. No real details of what it does, how it works, or where to get information. i lloked at the Mytee site and it shows even less there. (A single picture on the cover page without info.) Nice way to advertise Mytee. Looks like somebody simply too the wheels off a porty and bolted it down. Hmmm, at least a Bane has some hoses and tanks with it. hey, I'm always looking for a new toy but if Mytee wants us to look "seriously" stop with the "carrot in front of the horse" tactics.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks for the welcome phred. Koko appreciates it too. We both have crucifixs around our necks and Catholic priests on call to help in case of a SATAN attack.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The thing I like about the "idea" of running one of those things is more than just the cost factor. Shoot, setting up a van with only a $5000 investment (rounded up) sounds a lot better to me than a $20,000 investment any day, if the cleaning is close to the same. But, being totally electric (not having a heater might be a real bitch) would allow me to carry my lap-top and not have it shut down due to heat, have much more room in the van for other tools that I just can't carry now, and the equipment maintenance would have to be less than a gas engine is ... I would think, anyway.

However, the first time I ran into a carpet that needed 240 degree heat and 500 psi to clean, and required a 250 ft. hose run, I would feel like an idiot for having that EWIT.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
rctpks said:
However there are also a few con's, electrical supply cords are no fun to hassle with, blowing breaks won't earn you any points either (especially if someone loses their work on a PC), you must have power to operate (usually not a problem but could be with rentals), working in the rain with power cords was never any fun either.

I have 2 cords attached on the van wall next to the side doors. Reeling them out and in is no problem. I very rarely blow a fuse (about 3 times a year) I don't recommend getting an generator like some do. I only have had a lack of power issue once every 5 years or so and then I make arrangements with a neighbor. A generator is lugging around extra weight and losing space to avoid a non-existance problem.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks for the welcome phred. Koko appreciates it too. We both have crucifixs around our necks and Catholic priests on call to help in case of a SATAN attack.
:mrgreen:

I would feel like an idiot for having that EWIT.
I would think that's a feeling you've grown to know by now! :p

Good to see you back Porkchop! 8)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have a converted Prostock (Built by Lee and the boys). I Posted some pictures a while back. It has a little giant heater for heat and a pumptec 500psi pump.

Basically almost anybody can build one if they have a left over waste tank and a fresh water tank.

Add 2-3 vacs a pump on top of the waste tank, little giant heater, pump , regulator and a few hoses and you have an electric truck mount.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I agree all I see is a portable with the wheels taken off.

And I couldn't imagine running that in the middle of winter and having the water freeze in the tanks or even in the hoses.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jimmy L said:
I agree all I see is a portable with the wheels taken off.

And I couldn't imagine running that in the middle of winter and having the water freeze in the tanks or even in the hoses.

Why would it freeze if it had a decent heater?

I run an electric in sub zero weather with 100 feet of hose outside on the ground.

Anyway one huge advantage of going electric is that in inclement weather. You can pull into the client's garage and shut the garage door.

Try doing that with most truck mounts and it's a death sentence.

Anyway welcome back jimmy!!!!

We need more Huskers here.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mikey P said:
cause Mytee John chose to unveil this on those sites and not here..

MyteeTruckmount_1.png

I would stay real clear of Terje this week.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

John is still in a snit 'cause Fred was such a dick.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
pfred said:
you run a propane heater inside a closed garage Yankum?

Propane is run inside of buildings all the time.( Like with burnishers and portable heaters for instance.)

The main byproduct of propane is water vapor unlike gasoline where the byproduct is carbon monoxide.

F

FB7777

I never felt comfortable running my lil giant inside a closed garage , the only time we ever ran cleaning units inside a building was with the Banes before we used propane

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
pfred said:
I never felt comfortable running my lil giant inside a closed garage , the only time we ever ran cleaning units inside a building was with the Banes before we used propane

Most propane fires are from combustibles being too close to the unit. (carpet pad, rugs etc...)

I have a safety wall/space around my heater.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
They also burn all of the oxygen up in the area.

Lite headed?

F

FB7777

I don't miss my propane heater days

but if you're thinking about running an EWIT propane heat is the only way to go

Name
Damon
I agree it's a cool looking machine and might be very worthy.

But, if you're starting ground up with it you'll still need reels, hoses, heat, wands, waste tank and potentially a generator.

It'd add up quick.

Brian R said:
RickL said:
[quote="Brian R":1e7qfupm]
You paid 8 grand for a Orbit :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

No
$7999.99

Ok, just kidding.

Just saying it's not that expensive in my own retarded way.

Orbot was $2700.00 (or something like that) with the sprayborg and all the goodies.[/quote:1e7qfupm]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom