I hate being "Scammed" but what do you do?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
On my way to Louisville to get my 1week old FloJet pump looked at. Think I'll use my $166 in store credit today on last weeks warranty replaced FloJet. I pay with my hard earned cash however I get an in store credit. So supplier gets to benefit from their mark up,

I suppose this is how they have to do it , but it just doesn't seem fair.

Maybe next time I will suggest "hey I'll just wait and pay when u find out if it's covered by warranty"

Last edited:
Reactions: Willy P

John Olson

Name
John Olson
"On my way to Louisville to get my 1week old FloJet pump looked at. Think I'll use my $166 in store credit today on last weeks warranty replaced FloJet. I pay with my hard earned cash however I get an in store credit. So supplier gets to benefit from their mark up,

I suppose this is how they have to do it , but it just doesn't seem fair.

Maybe next time I will suggest "hey I'll just wait and pay when u find out if it's covered by warranty"

huh? Not sure I follow. We charge for warranty items then once we actually get credit for the item we credit back the card or you can use it in house if you choose. We used to be a little less strigent on this but after people getting thier feelings hurt when it came back as a non warranty issue it is much easier this way.

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
It was Interlink. I spoke with him about it today and he did say that the manufacturer would have cut me a check and sent it to me. It's all good cuz I needed $166 worth of odds and ends anyways.

By the way the switch had gone bad on the new pump, so that was warranted, but I bought a spare to have on hand if it goes out again.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Good farm supply places have great 12v pumps for about $100. Support locals if you can.

On a side note: I've modified one 405 to use a Chevy V8 belt drive water pump in place of the electric one. Less than $30 at any local auto parts place, and seems like it will last many years.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Good farm supply places have great 12v pumps for about $100. Support locals if you can.

On a side note: I've modified one 405 to use a Chevy V8 belt drive water pump in place of the electric one. Less than $30 at any local auto parts place, and seems like it will last many years.

Lee, this sounds interesting... Does this Chevy pump feed your TM's pump?
What model/year Chevy v8 is it off of?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes it does, and the excess back to the fresh tank. Ask for a '78 model, the newer ones spin the pulley the other way. The large lower pipe is the inlet from your fresh tank. Block the 2 block exits with the enclosed gaskets and instead use the 3/4" threaded heater fitting as the output to your pump.

The only weak link we've found in the General Emperor pump is its need to be pressure fed more than the Cats. I wanted a fix that I didn't have to revisit every few months. I think this is it...time will tell.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Scammed is when You pay for something and get nothing in return. If they credit You the full amount buy a case of juice and dont go back!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Yeah, I probably used the wrong terminology when I said Scammed. Sometimes I need to quit thinking out loud!

Willy P

Name
Willy P

WTF? - You sell me something that isn't what I paid for or it's defective and I return it to you for a refund and I'm a thief? How the phuck is that theft? That's a load of self serving BULLSHIT John.IF and only IF it's my fault , I'll live with that, but "instore credit" insures the seller makes a profit - TWICE. Protecting your business isn't theft, it's just smart business. Who's the thief - the guy who bought some piece of shit that was defective or the guy who profits - TWICE - from one sale?:bullshit:

Here's a classic from Prochem- I got sweet phuck all from the distributor or Prochem, other than BULLSHIT , EXCUSES and too bad for you-
000_0014.jpg

000_0015.jpg

Did I mention BULLSHIT John? Tell me again I'm a thief?

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You said " pay by credit card then dispute the charges" that's theft nothing you said after that matters. You stated you had no problem stealing from someone and doing it premeditated.

As for returning parts under warranty most of the time it is a true warranty bu 10-15% is is user error that has caused the problem. Trying to get some to pay after their screw up is found only causes more problems. Having a policy that is uniform across the board from manufacturer to supplier to end user is the fairest way. Belive or not there are a lot of people that think like willy posted.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No - I just HATE BULLSHIT.And being called a THIEF , when it all centers around BULLSHIT.

So willy let's flip the script willy. What would you call a customer who tells another customer to call you pay you by credit card then so they don't have to pay to just dispute the charges. What would YOU call that person.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

No John - YOU called me a thief - FOR WANTING WHAT I PAID FOR?I wouldn't steal shit from you , but if you steal from me it's OK. My business policy is simple - you get what you paid for or a full refund. Yours is if you don't get what you paid for, I'm keeping your money anyway, but I'll give you something else,MAYBE, if my supplier says so, MAYBE. Before we hear your snotting, whining and crying about how hard it is for suppliers AGAIN, - I simply ask who's the thief? The guy who keeps the money and turns a profit twice or the guy that got phucked over and loses time and money?
See the above slop I bought from a Prochem distributor up here? ( and even tried to get rectified by prochem) Wanna see the pumptec shit I bought that didn't last a month before packing it in? All I got was "Too bad, so sad" and I simply don't accept that any more. But I'm a thief?
:bullshit::bull: :bullshit:

See Mike Hughes post...

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No willy read what I wrote again and what you said. What you said was charge it to the card and then issue a charge back. I am not reffering to anything but what you said. What happened to you sucks but it is a red herring in this discussion. Youy told billy to use a credit card then deny the charges. That statement is the ONLY thing I responed to.

Reactions: FB7777

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hey Olson,
Tell me why I would order from you when Jon Don has a 30 Day no questions asked return policy?

We are not talking about a return. You can return any tool (not chemicals) to me in unused condition no questions asked for a full refund minus shipping. Broken items under warranty fall under the conditions of the warranty and since we do not make anything we are not the warranty holder. I can guarantee you Jon-Don is not going to take back something that is broken no questions asked.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hey Olson,
Tell me why I would order from you when Jon Don has a 30 Day no questions asked return policy?

Here is Jon-Don's warranety policy.

Equipment Warranty: All equipment is sold with a factory warranty. Should
a problem arise, we ask that you return the defective item so that we may
forward it to the manufacturer. To avoid costly down time, we will ship and bill
you for a replacement part. When the factory qualifies the part under the terms
of the stated warranty, we will credit your account for the price of the
replacement item. In the event that the factory does not cover the replacement
under the warranty, we will inform you of the reason why and appeal their
decision, if so desired. In the event that the warranty is still denied, we will
process the replacement part invoice for payment.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm not a thief John. I simply want what I paid for. If it's messed up or broken, I'm not going to pay, but will willingly return it. I tried that with the Prochem slop only to be told TOO BAD, by both the distributor and Prochem themselves. 2 pumptec pumps blew out in 6 months. All I got was "tough titty". Inferring I'm a thief is bullshit, any way you slice it. Now I just pay by cc and if it's wrong, I'll dispute the charge. My bum is sore from the abuses I've put up with and I'm not doing it that way any more.
Thank you though- that reminds me to forward an email to show how much I've spent that normally would have gone to the Prochem distributor and ask them if they made more money stiffing me -ONCE- or if the profit margin might have been better by serving me properly.

One request - Please don't call me a thief. I'm not and it reflects badly on you.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I wonder how many times a person orders from a disty and gets the wrong thing and says anything when its better? I ordered all fiber textile rinse chemspec and got a case of all fiber deep clean from prochem! was charged for the chemspec.

About a $20 savings I used it and have since ordered 3 cases. Its a good acid side detergent polymer based rinse with a good smell.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Willy what you said is paramount to premeditated theft or at least thats how I perceive it. Luckily we have only had this happen twice but it is flat out theft. Only reason the people are still walking is Lora is a wise person and a couple hundred dollars isn't worth everything we have worked for. But trust me I keep their name written down on my desk.
If you have a legitimate issue I will always take care of you. Taking the product then refusing to pay for it is theft no other word for it.

So Willy please do not ever say you are ok with doing that and I wont call it what it is...Deal? :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:hopeless:You two!

I don't think Willy's intent is to rip anyone off. He has just found he is a better position to dispute the charges. Someone did drop the ball in his cleaning solution case or Willy isn't telling us the whole story. As he said look at what it cost them, one of them should have just given him another pail and been doen with it.

John why did the credit card company side with the crooks?

For the record I have had a few dealings with John and have always been treated fairly with great service. Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom