I have never seen anything like this before

This house rents for 4k per month and the people live like this. WTF?

The guy told me it was bad on the phone and I said no problem we can deep clean it.

I get there and had to double the price. I quoted him 200 to clean three and a hall empty for the extra deep clean.

I told him 400 or we would have to walk. He left and I had my doubts about doing the job. First the guy was driving a pos car, second he was adamant that I get every stain out which I said would not be possible, and third I honestly felt the job was worth 500-600 as it was and next time I will know not to do it for the 400.

So before actually doing the job I changed my mind and just knew I should walk. Well we did it and it looked good but not perfect. The guy was happy and I got paid, but definitely a lot of work for 400.

On a side not Prochem One Step Red Rescue sucks. It lets me down more than it makes me happy. I'm done with it.

I need the best red remover and not one with just a different label, but entirely different chemical structure. Help me out!\

Video coming later.

davegill said:
Cobbs dye stain remover. It has made me a hero for many years!!

Does it let you down some even just a little.

This one step red stuff is junk. Most red stains it doesn't even turn colors. I think it works only on builders grade nylon and even then it's like 50 percent. On a good nylon it doesn't work for me and I have used 20 bottles.

I'll try Cobbs.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
davegill said:
Cobbs dye stain remover. It has made me a hero for many years!!

Agree..but if you think you are going to get them all out you are lying to yourself.....most people grab god knows what out from under the sink and then it is game over.....Cobbs red stain remover works great if people leave them alone......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Well these people weren't cleaning anything and probably never ran a vacuum once in two years.

Those are the jobs the separate the carpet cleaners ....from just cleaners.....

Name
BradFenstermaker
Daniel have you not tried CTI stuff. The dual trigger sprayer makes in easier to use. Black n Decker steamer I get most atleast satisfactory.

I have never tried any 1 part stuff.

Blows my mind how some people live too. Just when you thought you've seen it all, bam there's another.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Dan'l, are you applying the red remover to dry carpet?
or has the red spot been pre-sprayed??
It can make a difference at times

and as Jim mentioned, there are no bullet proof dye stain removers that work 100% of the time on 100% of dye stains

..l.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
Bait and switch...... hey Marty, blow me

That's why we give an in-home inspection.... No phone quotes...

If the carpet is lightly soiled we will treat the red stains first on dry carpet, but most of the time we clean the carpet and dry the area good before applying the red stain remover. I think the two part works better. I did a lot of jobs and loved the stuff and then all of a sudden it just stopped working for me. I hate crossing my fingers hoping it will work. After using a dozen or so bottles I am going to try a different one part and keep more two part on the truck and the prochem two part to me is not as good as the CTI two part.

And Nate I told him the estimate was free and offered to rotary clean everything for 200 (I would have lost my ass) or clean and post treat all the dye stains which there really wasn't a ton because only two rooms had them for 400. It is what it is.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Organic stains won't come out with a reducer. It actually sets them. Did you try stain magic first? You are probably using the wrong product more so then the product not working. I will say CTI's red one is more popular but if the stain has been there a long time and it is non organic (tried stain magic first/oxidizer first) and has been screwed with your better off using red relief and an iron/steamer.

John it is very easy to tell the difference between an organic stain and a bright red or orange dye stain.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
danielc said:
John it is very easy to tell the difference between an organic stain and a bright red or orange dye stain.
Yet, you have a problem telling the difference between wicking and browning?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Color doesn't mean anything. Red wine is organic orange juice is organic orange popcicle non organic depending on the maker could be organic. So color doesn't mean anything Daniel unless you know for sure what it is

S

sam miller

Red one is awesome its works as well as red relief for me I take red stains all the time.

Have about 20 on a section 8 tomorrow restretch clean patch and red stains $550.00

for a property manager I work for.

You steamer guys does it leaave the carpet to wet and is it nescesary to use a subsurface tool afterwards.

any problems with delamination???

IMAG0651.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

Not perfect but decent.
IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0659.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Wow, that's bad!!!

I actually like prochems one step red dye remover, and it doesen't smell as bad as red1.

If I have a real nasty job I'll add a quart of vol. 40 to my sals sprayer. I had a real nasty piss job a while back(the baseboards were swelling :shock: ) I added two quarts of vol. 40 to my prespray and it turned out great still smelled horrible though nothing was going to help that.. I always post spot after I spray it with my sledgehammer concoction :lol:
Fact is everything isn't going to come out all the time..

I used to like it as well, but I will never buy another quart. It just doesn't work consistently enough for me.

I mixed my juice really strong.

Power strike, Power burst, Conquest, and SP and a bunch of it.

I still haven't tried the 40 vol.

Personally I would think that adding the SP to your detergent rinse would work a lot better than just adding it to your prespray unless you are treating spots with a more concentrated batch.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
damn zoom your video shots out....and point up a little more...gives me a headache with it bouncing like that....

And damn that was nasty...not to bad considering....

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I've used them all over the years, including Cobb's and from my experience all of them don't work most of the time. I have had very little success with red stain removers.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Nice work on the pig hole. I had to deal with the same thing this afternoon at 2nd stop. Gotta love repeats that live like that.

Name
I'm Rick James
danielc said:
I used to like it as well, but I will never buy another quart. It just doesn't work consistently enough for me.

I mixed my juice really strong.

Power strike, Power burst, Conquest, and SP and a bunch of it.

I still haven't tried the 40 vol.

Personally I would think that adding the SP to your detergent rinse would work a lot better than just adding it to your prespray unless you are treating spots with a more concentrated batch.

40 volume is your friend.. get to know it.

Did you prescrub?

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Harvard Stain Blaster best one part I have used rarely let's me down. Steam iron on small spots B & D steamer on large ones or if there is a lot of them. What I like about the steamer is I can continue to use the wand while it is working and not having to use up spotting towels. Someone asked if it soaked the carpet, no it won't. It is much more user friendly than an iron IMO.

The only negative about the steamer is it takes around 15 minuets to heat up so if I'm going to use it I plug it in right away.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
daniel i think you are doin somethin wrong..i use PC 1 step red stain remover on alot of evictions in a rat hole 7 month turn over trailer pk,and i do alot of them.not all are red.i have removed green red orange and what ever else comes my way.with no problem

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ruff Hewn said:
question for the smart folks ..

what's the shelf life IN A HOT VAN of the 1 pt dye stain removers??

..L.T.A.
Good question I didn't think reducer's were effected by heat? For vol 40 , I would say from Sally's to the job..
:lol: Poor guys that think there brand new 2 month old gallon of Urine rescue will actually work..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom