I know, I know. I should've been doing it. Scotchguard

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yes, I am a very thorough cleaner I have a very strong system. I know like every tells me all the time raise my prices. The biggest independent cleaner in the area calls me every week and tells me to raise my prices.

Like my rooms pricing has continually moved up so will my scotchgard pricing. Right now I look at it about $10-20 a room and they will buy most times until I gain a little more salesmanship

When you get that time machine let me know

John Watson

You guys needs a Helen, She gets pissed when I fergit to talk about pertection I means tefguard.or scotchlon or the anti sticky stuff...(How many of you remember Anti Icky Poo???) Helen ain't nice when shes pissed or when she wants her coffee --NOW!!! And Helen is Following Chopped Livers advice 20 cents. If I get any static from the client I tell them Steve said it was OK It was a real moment of truth and if they were lucky we would make them the leader of our cheerleading squad!!! Or sumten like thet..

But, again she does pull my hoses for me....

TimP

Should be well more than that per room. If I were doing room prices I'd charge at least 40 bucks a room probably 50 a room. And 20-25 to do protector no less than 20 a room. Just think the smallest room you should be doing is 12x12 that's 144 ft that should be 15 bucks at around 10 cents a ft and that's your smallest room and that's on the cheap side.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That's about where I am price wise, Tim, and I do charge by the room, which makes it easier to explain to the customer. Are you confident about the product when you talk to customers about it? That could be the issue right there.

Name
Ron lippold
why not raise your price a good bit and just include the stain guard if they balk you can always adjust your price

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think that is what I am going to do. Until everyone was chiming in I didn't realize how expensive it was.

TimP

Matt Murdock said:
I think that is what I am going to do. Until everyone was chiming in I didn't realize how expensive it was.

Sounds like you really need to head to SFS. I hear it's an eye opener to those who don't realise how much it costs to be in business. \

I plan to head next year with my wife after she finishes school.

steampro

Name
Ryan
I was too lazy to sell protector until I got a second battery multisprayer specificly for protector. I didnt want to have to switch jugs, rinse the thing out and all of that. Now that I know Ive got a sprayer with protector in it all the time, I'm using a lot more of it because Im actually asking them, knowing that all I have to do is bring it in and spray it.

Everyone needs an electric sprayer just for protector thats ready to go.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would love to go to SFS but with my family there is no way right now. I have never been away from my family for more than 3 days. When the little ones are older I will go.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Sorry, Brian. But due to the logistical challenges of putting on a super intense five day seminar we only offer our Strategies for Success seminars at our branch locations. (Not too mention that it would cost a fortune to put it on at a hotel.) So you are looking at either Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, Salem, St. Louis, Portland or Seattle. (As of now ...) :)

Steve

PS What is SFS? Far be it from me to engage in any shilling/ self-promotion on the internet but just e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and put the word "SFS" in the subject line and I will send you a lengthy course description and curriculum. If you include your mailing address I'll also send you a free 30 minute DVD with excerpts from the SFS seminar.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Brian,

Send an email to stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and he will send you a DVD explaining the whole process ( don't forget to send him your address) or do a search for information from those who have attended.

As for Sacramento, don't hold your breath. In 2009 we will be in the following tentatively:

January 12-17 Beautiful Roselle Il (Chicago suburb) you haven't lived till you have spent a week in January in Chicago

February 16-20 St. Petersburg Fl (now were talking)

March 16-20 Dallas TX (cowboy hats not required)

April 27 May 1 Portland OR (for you West coast types)

August 3-7 St. Louis (first time in new store)

August 17-24 Atlanta GA (and yes they call it Hotlanta for a reason)

September 21-25 Philadelphia/Northeastern US

Oct 12-16 Roselle IL (we currently have 70 people registered for this October in Chicago so if you want Chicago in the fall sign up early.

John Watson

12 years ago you had to go to Roselle. Period, Then the only place they had it and had no intensions of moving to other locations and MR Chopped Liver didn't need the air miles or his (What the heck dose he call Yeadon anyways?) Helper. Him and Chuck had it under control...

Today he has BillY and others to help. You guys are lucky now its all over the flippen country.

PS and getting better all the time..

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
For the ones that include carpet protector in their price, do you give them an option on different packages?

For instance.

#1 - carpet cleaning - $300
#2 - carpet cleaning, heavy furniture moving - $350
#3 - carpet cleaning, heavy furniture moving, protector - $500

I've thought of doing this before.

Gotta make the skidders, lift buddy, n sticky taps work for me.

M

Mark Imbesi

tmdry,

Switch option #2 and #3. Most people will pick the middle choice. I would much rather clean and scotchgard, than clean and hump furniture. Adjust the price accordingly (ie. #1 $300, #2 $450, #3 $525).

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Marc and tmdry,

I have always been a proponent of the 3 tier pricing system too. However, I gotta tell you that a fair percentage of our members are now just quoting ONE price at first- the one that INCLUDES the SG. IF you have done your inspection right they say you would be amazed how many people just say "go for it". With the homeowners who hem and haw it is always easy to drop down in price.

Steve

PS I guess it is like the car dealers. The car sales people normally show you the most expensive cars first. It is always easier to come down that go up in price.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Greg what would happen if you hired a house wife retired lady a few days a week to help out?
Say upsell 100 a day pay her 250 a week or so do the math.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Randy,
That is something I am looking to do. The woman I have coming aboard I am hoping will do this

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom