I need a new wand. Thinking about this wand

Marty said:
I have a Greenhorn with all the bells and whistles, glide and all that I will sell you for $400.00. You pay shipping.

14"?

Every green horn wand I have ever seen over sprayed really bad.

Send me a pic please.

Name
I'm Rick James
I have the same wand, got mine newish for $275. The wand works good for me, the components havent failed me yet.

Jim Martin rolls with that wand, which will tell you a lot if he approves of it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It does overspray, if you put a glide on it, but then so does the Prochem Titanium. The Greenhorn wand (which is just a CMP all tricked out) oversprays no worse than any other. I don't know how to send pictures, but my daughter is coming home friday and I will try to remember to get her to do it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
There is a little piece of metal in the head of that wand that (if you actually clean a lot of carpet) that will break apart and it is useless without it. I have the 12 inch of that one and I have a 14 inch greenhown and 2 ti wands and by far my fav is the greenhorn

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yep....good wand...get a hybrid glide for it and put 4....95015 jets on it.....
turn the 2 outside jets inward just a hair and it will cut down on the outside spray......

Marty said:
It does overspray, if you put a glide on it, but then so does the Prochem Titanium. The Greenhorn wand (which is just a CMP all tricked out) oversprays no worse than any other. I don't know how to send pictures, but my daughter is coming home friday and I will try to remember to get her to do it.

You do realize you can go to wider jets in the center and narrower jets on the outside.

110's in middle
80's on the outside

If it has 110's across that could be the problem.

It might need 95's or 80's on the outside.

I didn't like the severe angle of the jets.

I could get two of the Westpak wands for the price of one TI wand, but a wand is a long term investment.

Jim you have used both wands. Why do you prefer the Westpak over the TI wand?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I carry both the west pack and the TI wand on my truck....

I use the TI wand for the thicker type carpets and the west pack for everything else......

I guess I will get the Westpak wand as I can always get a TI wand later and may get a used one here.

Now who has the best deal?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
At one time I was considering a Wespak and I received many PMs that they don't hold up well.

I would call Joe and he'll set you up.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Royal Man said:
At one time I was considering a Wespak and I received many PMs that they don't hold up well.

I would call Joe and he'll set you up.

The older style had problems..the newer ones hold up great....

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I agree, good wand. I have 02 jets on mine, holed glide, soft trigger. My valve hanger has a little tack weld on it so it doesn't twist on the body of the wand. Use it every day with 75ft. of 4-to-da-door and 235 degrees. I'd tell you my wanding pattern but it will cost you a craft beer and some salted nuts to snack on. Cuts like a knife.

I'm on my last spare glide and I may move over the new PMF Ti wand from Joe Bristor. Couple pounds lighter and I've got the suction and heat to run the full 15" this new wand packs.

But the Westy serves me well and I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have a wide 2" wand with a holed glide. Jaaaazus, I'd probably sit in the corner and cry.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I run that wand and have been happy with it. As far as the lip support in the center, mine broke off and it does pinch in the center, I just went to lowes and bought a 5/8 plastic spacer and put my glide back on and never looked back.

lance

Bryan, kind of like this / -- -- -- \ but not that much of an angle (pic of five jets.)

This way the "tops" of both outside jets partially hit the glide and the "bottoms" hit more of the area inside the wand head path.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Those wands hold up very well. I have 3 of them. The center support is a new design with a screw instead of welded and holds up fine. I do recomend getting jet screens for it from bristor and a glide. Mine all have soft touch stainless valves which I havn't had to fix or repair in 2 years. The biggest problem I had was the screws that hold the jet manifolds on will come out. First thing you shold do is buy jet screens for it and use locktite on the screws that hold the manifolds on. The wand is a great wand and I highly recomend it.

I was always curious about titanium wands. Sure they are light but when the wand is on the carpet with full vacuum the weight of the wand is meaningless compared to the resistance of the vacuum pulling it down on the carpet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
danielc said:
Marty said:

You do realize you can go to wider jets in the center and narrower jets on the outside.

110's in middle
80's on the outside

If it has 110's across that could be the problem.

It might need 95's or 80's on the outside.

I didn't like the severe angle of the jets.

I could get two of the Westpak wands for the price of one TI wand, but a wand is a long term investment.

Jim you have used both wands. Why do you prefer the Westpak over the TI wand?

My Greenhorn wand has three inside 11002 jets and two 80002 outside jets. Still, if you clean blue commercial carpets, you can see a very thin line of excess moisture escaping the glides outside edge. Most guys would not even bother with it, but it annoys me. My Prochem Titanium wands do this as well. Take the glide off and the problem goes away, but of course, then the wand is too hard to push and pull.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I really can't say. I have only used a slot glide once, years ago, and immediately took it off. I have only used a hybrid glide twice, years ago, right after taking off the worthless slot glide. I seem to remember the hybrid have overspray issues, but I am not sure.

However, I think the problem is caused by raising the jets higher than originally designed, so I suspect all glides cause this.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
its actually more like this.....

\ -- -- /

just turn the 2 outside jets slightly inward...

key the wand and watch the spray...you want the outside jets to just miss the out side edge of the glide....
you should not have to turn them that much....

you also want to go with short extenders.....and take the guts out of them..the thing are use less as check valves...
just keep a healthy wand valve and you will be OK....

if your wand valve leaks....it will still drip with check valves...the cracking pressure on these things is so light they will still seep when your wand valves takes a dump......

( sorry camera took a dump...will have to get another before MF8 )

hogjowl

Idiot™
Short extenders may help, but simply turning the jets on an angle doesn't work in Alabama. The spray still puddles past the wand edge.

It may work in low humidity. :roll:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
danielc said:
How is the valve?

I may be able to get an almost new TI wand that is 4 jet.

I know the TI wand is the best one, but I don't want to spend 1500-1600 dollars on a wand.

But if the performance is that much better then I might.
A 4-jet TI wand is quite old. It should be half price or less.

I do like the older 4-jet TI wands the best.

The SS valve from Wespak is a good design.

I prefer the Bentley 14" with optional 4 jet manifold.

I think it provides the best cleaning performance.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
After just a bit of tweaking, we like our Bentley wand better than all others so far.

If you have the four jet stainless manifold:

1, mark the desired position for the middle fork on each side relative to the center section.

2, Remove the teflon,

3, replace with Loc-tite,

4, crank it back together one full turn tighter than factory.

No problems after that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom