I REALLY DON’T GET IT…

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I can’t understand how any normal joe can even afford to buy a new machine or van anymore. The prices are f- ing ridiculous. I just bought a new 570 and a slightly used transit and it set me back 85k. I remember when an Aerotech was 100k. What do they run nowadays? The only way anyone can get into this business is to buy a POS.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Yes, but My AT for 100k was about 18 years ago, and a middle class house in SF was about 500k. Now those houses are 1.8 million.
TM manufacturers are consolidating into Near Monopolies, Just to servive.
Honestly, I think the margins on TMs are small.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
A few guys bought some Vortex and Areotech trucks for $5k.. YMMV

The cost of everything is ridiculous.. I'm sure with the house flipping and supplies, you've seen the increase of costs..

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
All units are radically over priced.
The vortex an aero tech were pos.That made manufacturers upset.
By selling for more,they all all became more greedy.
Untested over priced junk.
Wands over 1k, Studebaker air movers cresting 900 bucks.
Junk inline filters,uph tools made by non upholstery qcleaners.
With out trigger valves should be far cheaper an not made from plastic...
A 1982 Butler may not get as hot as new versions.
But what's the 60k plus difference...
Greed an a dysfunctional industry...
Block of Teflon costs ?
Styrofoam blocks.
Booties
Keep paying your making them all smile.
Vlm machines that cost how fkn much...
Tell me more ,tell me more...
I use a stand on floor machine that costs 18 grand,Why ???

Mikey P

Administrator
🤔 but did you include free advertising?
and was it made in Utah or elsewhere?
I forgot which state Shawn York moved manufacturing to.
I know where there is a lightly used Vortex for sale..
1687810773811.png

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
A $100,000 system has to clean 222,222ft2 @ $.45 to break even, excluding all other costs associated with doing business. That’s 185 jobs of an average 1200ft2 per job.

The numbers alone tell me that a $100k setup isn’t for anyone but a long established, multi truck business or franchise.

For new guys and owner operators, I’d stick with the Facebook Marketplace specials.

Truthfully, if I knew then (12 years ago) what I know now… I would’ve just bought a Cimex.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A $100,000 system has to clean 222,222ft2 @ $.45 to break even, excluding all other costs associated with doing business. That’s 185 jobs of an average 1200ft2 per job.

The numbers alone tell me that a $100k setup isn’t for anyone but a long established, multi truck business or franchise.

For new guys and owner operators, I’d stick with the Facebook Marketplace specials.

Truthfully, if I knew then (12 years ago) what I know now… I would’ve just bought a Cimex.
I've never had a brand new truck mount. I have had great luck finding used deals and can do some work on them myself. My latest is a 2011 Savana with a Prochem Apex for $18,000. Mint condition, low mileage, works perfect. Sold my 2002 Cleanco for $10,000 so it only cost me $8000. Probably be the last truck I buy except I am going to look at a guy who has an Astro Van with an ETM, a sprayborg, and a power washer with some accessories for $3000 tonight. Can't imagine what condition it's all in for that price but you never know. Claims the van has 150,000 kilometers. Less than 100,000 miles. I am more interested in the Sprayborg than everything else but if the price is right, I might make some profit out of it

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I've never had a brand new truck mount. I have had great luck finding used deals and can do some work on them myself. My latest is a 2011 Savana with a Prochem Apex for $18,000. Mint condition, low mileage, works perfect. Sold my 2002 Cleanco for $10,000 so it only cost me $8000. Probably be the last truck I buy except I am going to look at a guy who has an Astro Van with an ETM, a sprayborg, and a power washer with some accessories for $3000 tonight. Can't imagine what condition it's all in for that price but you never know. Claims the van has 150,000 kilometers. Less than 100,000 miles. I am more interested in the Sprayborg than everything else but if the price is right, I might make some profit out of it

If not for used equipment, there wouldn’t even be a carpet cleaning industry at this point. At least not outside of metro areas and the big franchises.
The price for the service hasn’t tracked inflation.

Reactions: Cleanworks

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
We all need to raise our prices. I am at $.35 per sqft. Should be at $.50 at least.
I’m between $.18 to $.35 for commercial, depending on the situation and $.45 for rentals and residential.

My honest opinion is that carpet cleaning needs to be $.25 to $.50 for commercial and $.50- $1.25 for residential to come anywhere close to tracking inflation over the past 20-30 years.

If my clients want to see me in a brand new van with a brand new TM every three to five years I would have to double or triple my volume and prices. I’m in an area that doesn’t support higher prices or any more volume, it simply isn’t there. So I keep showing up in my trust old box truck or van and running the used stuff.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’m between $.18 to $.35 for commercial, depending on the situation and $.45 for rentals and residential.

My honest opinion is that carpet cleaning needs to be $.25 to $.50 for commercial and $.50- $1.25 for residential to come anywhere close to tracking inflation over the past 20-30 years.

If my clients want to see me in a brand new van with a brand new TM every three to five years I would have to double or triple my volume and prices. I’m in an area that doesn’t support higher prices or any more volume, it simply isn’t there. So I keep showing up in my trust old box truck or van and running the used stuff.
When it comes to used stuff, I hit the jackpot today. Went to see a guy about an Astro Van with a Mytee tm in it for $3000. Includes more stuff than I can mention but the highlights are, 2 Mytee high performance portables, wands and hoses, a desirato vapor steamer, a dirt dragon, a 13 HP pressure washer with a 20 inch Swirly tool, Hudson battery sprayer, backpack vacuum, steambrite vac booster. All the power cords and transformers for the Mytee ETM. A newer Sprayborg with tile brush and pad drivers. Tons of pads and chemicals. Mostly Vacaway or *** stuff. The van needs a new battery and one tire is flat. If I can't get it going tomorrow, I'll have it towed to my mechanic. I believe it's a 2005 with 150,000 kilometers on it. Body looks good. Any of my Canadian friends need anything, you know where to go. Americans too if you want to make the drive.

Name
Swani
When it comes to used stuff, I hit the jackpot today. Went to see a guy about an Astro Van with a Mytee tm in it for $3000. Includes more stuff than I can mention but the highlights are, 2 Mytee high performance portables, wands and hoses, a desirato vapor steamer, a dirt dragon, a 13 HP pressure washer with a 20 inch Swirly tool, Hudson battery sprayer, backpack vacuum, steambrite vac booster. All the power cords and transformers for the Mytee ETM. A newer Sprayborg with tile brush and pad drivers. Tons of pads and chemicals. Mostly Vacaway or *** stuff. The van needs a new battery and one tire is flat. If I can't get it going tomorrow, I'll have it towed to my mechanic. I believe it's a 2005 with 150,000 kilometers on it. Body looks good. Any of my Canadian friends need anything, you know where to go. Americans too if you want to make the drive.
Great score! Did you make a decision on the TM we talked about on the phone?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I can’t understand how any normal joe can even afford to buy a new machine or van anymore. The prices are f- ing ridiculous. I just bought a new 570 and a slightly used transit and it set me back 85k. I remember when an Aerotech was 100k. What do they run nowadays? The only way anyone can get into this business is to buy a POS.
Congrats on that new TM. Addition or replacement?

Mikey P

Administrator

I take it the guy has rank breath?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
You won't be making the payments for that truck in one year, the cost will be spread out over several years. And even after that, there will be residual value in that set-up. When it's paid off, or even before that, sell it and get a new one, they really do hold their value if properly maintained. Less issues and less downtime with newer units.

We prefer to turn our equipment over after 6-7 years. We have 5 new Butlers on their way to us hopefully this week and I have 4 used ones to sell.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Crazy my 570 was $22,000

My 405 was 17k

I think my pro 1200se was 22k with the van 56k everything financed like 60.

Maybe Mikey is on to something clean everything with a $4500 shake and shine..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
All units are radically over priced.
The vortex an aero tech were pos.That made manufacturers upset.
By selling for more,they all all became more greedy.
Untested over priced junk.
Wands over 1k, Studebaker air movers cresting 900 bucks.
Junk inline filters,uph tools made by non upholstery qcleaners.
With out trigger valves should be far cheaper an not made from plastic...
A 1982 Butler may not get as hot as new versions.
But what's the 60k plus difference...
Greed an a dysfunctional industry...
Block of Teflon costs ?
Styrofoam blocks.
Booties
Keep paying your making them all smile.
Vlm machines that cost how fkn much...
Tell me more ,tell me more...
I use a stand on floor machine that costs 18 grand,Why ???
Tell us how you really feel?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I take it the guy has rank breath?
He sounds like a guy who watched too many YouTube videos about how much money the equipment could make him without realizing he needs customers to pay the bills. Had no idea how the ETM worked compared to a real truck mount and struggled until he finally gave up. He must have been that other forum and got brainwashed according to the chemistry he was using.

Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
You won't be making the payments for that truck in one year, the cost will be spread out over several years. And even after that, there will be residual value in that set-up. When it's paid off, or even before that, sell it and get a new one, they really do hold their value if properly maintained. Less issues and less downtime with newer units.
Sounds like a great deal for long established, multi truck guys or the big franchises.

Mikey P

Administrator
He sounds like a guy who watched too many YouTube videos about how much money the equipment could make him without realizing he needs customers to pay the bills. Had no idea how the ETM worked compared to a real truck mount and struggled until he finally gave up. He must have been that other forum and got brainwashed according to the chemistry he was using.
Sounds more like a Encapstor follower

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I see post on Facebook groups, I can't afford a truckmount or $2500 porty.

Can I use a Mean Green machine, I'll buy better equipment soon......

There was a guy on YouTube.

Running around with a oreck orbital and pads.

Getting loose and making 💰💰💰.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
I see post on Facebook groups, I can't afford a truckmount or $2500 porty.

Can I use a Mean Green machine, I'll buy better equipment soon......

There was a guy on YouTube.

Running around with a oreck orbital and pads.

Getting loose and making 💰💰💰.

Countless stories of these start ups with no experience, horrible equipment, no MFB and a wife that gives them 6 months to make it happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom